• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Repeat

((IT BEGINS NOW))
The next morning, when Chris woke up, he notices that the clock somehow said 6:30 am, which is his usual waking up time. But what's even more weird is that the date on his watch was the same as yesterday's date. He assumes this to be some sort of bug, but when he googled "whats the date today", he was shocked to find out that the date still was the same as yesterday's. Even stranger, he was in the pajamas he wore from yesterday. He assumed this to be some sort of dream. Nevertheless, he continues with his day.

Marissa groaned as she woke up. Yesterday had been exhausting with the expo, and then the murder. The body had been sitting there for the whole day before being discovered. And the only lead they had was the victim had recently gotten a tattoo done the night before. Today they would go to different parlors and see if any recognized the tattoo. All in all it would be difficult. To make things more difficult was the idiot murmuring annoyingly in his sleep next to her. Why she slept with him was beyond her.

Wait what? She sat up and whipped her head so fast, she was pretty sure she gave herself some whiplash. She was in the same hotel with the same guy as yesterday. She didn't drink or sleep with him last night. She was positive. She could see no other explanation other than yesterday was a dream. It had to be. So she quickly dressed and snuck out of the room.

Bella awoke with one thought. Tomorrow was Sunday. She could enjoy church. She couldn't wait. But first she had to get ready to go to tattoo parlors. She hoped that Marissa wouldn't be trying to convince her to get a tattoo. She also hoped it would take one...why did her phone say Friday?

"Take your umbrella just in case," she told him, throwing on a sweatshirt, checking the time on her watch. "Well, I need to get going. Are you headed to the expo?"

Last edited:
"Actually, now that I think about it," Robin said in thought as he turned towards Alex. While he wanted to go to the Expo, he did feel hesitant with what happened the day before. Not just that, but the night before he had received another call from his boss telling him to take the week off while they "figured" out the project. Of course, he knew that didn't bode well for him.

"Mine if I go with you?" he asked as he walked over. "I kind of just want to take my mind off of things after yesterday, lunch is on me."

"Uh... sure," she responded slowly, "I do have clients today, so maybe try to be quiet when I'm working," she added on as an afterthought. "Let's get going, in that case."

Thus, she lead the way to the underground studio.

James woke up with his head pounding. He rolled out of bed and chuckled, things had gone well try night before. He'd managed to please Melody with his talk, the drinks at the bar had been good and plentiful... And then his phone rang.

A strong gust of wind crashed against James' penthouse, just like the day before.

Any drivers would be greeted with terrible traffic: a familiar feeling.

James frowned at the gusts of wind. He seemed to be having an odd case of...

"James are you there?!? What was that crash?" Melody was shouting hysterically over the line.

"Just a gust of wind. There isn't a tropical storm on the radar now is there?" James asked himself mostly.

"Don't worry about that... are you ready for today?" Melody asked him and James nodded. He was indeed ready for today. That would change when he looked at his phone in a few minutes and realized the odd truth about the date.

Since the date is the same, when Chris turns on the TV, to his surprise, the show was still the same. The early morning news reported the same thing from yesterday. Even his favorite TV show played the same episode as yesterday. Chris thought he was hallucinating or something...

A bit of time passed; the expo was to start soon. Everyone would notice things from the other day... repeating again. Alana would soon come across the puddle in the hotel's parking lot. Lucy finished getting changed and began to head out as well. She sent a glare to the door next to hers. Noisy neighbors. Again.

She never understood how people could talk so much.

Traffic to the expo was terrible. Stopped dead. Both Marissa and Bella would find this odd, as many of the cars were exactly the same.

((OOC: I'm waking Sylvester up slightly earlier, just so that I don't have to wait as long to start each day.))

Sylvester sat up in the hotel bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. While he doesn't realize yet, he woke up in the bed, despite the fact that he fell asleep fully clothed on top of the bed. As he basically rolled out of bed, he muttered, "Time to get back to this dumb expo." He was putting his clothes on, and went over to his laptop to see how the video from the first day was doing. To his surprise, it wasn't uploaded!

"What?" He decided to re-upload it, in order to make sure it was actually uploaded. He could always take down the duplicate, after all.

"Where is it?" Sylvester couldn't find the video, or any of the raw footage on his camera. No matter what name he searched under, it was gone.

"Great. Another thing I have to apologize for." He sighed, slammed the laptop shut in anger, picked up his camera, and got to work. Like the day before, when he got in the elevator, he recorded his apology, this time, apologizing for a lack of video for the first day. Following this, he got in his car, checked his appearance, once again, in the rear view mirror, and pulled out into the busy roads.

Bella unsure about the strange date mixup on her phone headed towards the expo. It wouldn't surprise her if she had a dream, but the traffic had been the same. Had she been blessed with a prophetic dream? As no one else seemed to notice things being the same, she could only assume that that was what it was. It made her feel a bitter being she would be dealing with Dalton.

Marissa like the previous day rushed home and then to the expo by bike. Much like Bella she noticed things were the same. She was freaked out by having a dream about everything happen. She was wondering if it was even a dream or if somehow the day was repeating. Had she pissed off God so much that he would do that to her?

When Chris arrives at his friend's house, to his surprise, the script he worked on was gone. And his friends were doing the same thing as they did yesterday. Puzzled by this, he goes to some coffee shop to rethink about what the hell is going on
((@Prez I would like it if you were to threadmark the start of a new day :)))

Last edited:
Lucy called up a cab, and to her surprise, the same driver from yesterday was at the wheel. Wearing the same outfit. Lucy sighed. How gross.

"Oh, hello again," she politely greeted, internally loathing the idle chit chat. "To the expo again, please."

The man paused for a second. "Do I know you?"

This caused Lucy to pause as well. "Yes? I took your cab yesterday... to the expo..." At this point she was quite embarrassed. Of course he didn't remember her. He probably drives hundreds of people a day. Who would remember her boring face?

"The expo starts today."

Lucy didn't want to argue this. That would involve more conversation. So she just slowly nodded her head and sat down in the back. Today felt so... off. Lucy frowned. She didn't drink last night. What was her problem? Either way, she would be able to distract herself with a new speaker today. Apparently some handsome entrepreneur from France. How exciting.

((gotcha fam ;o))

Just like the day before (although with some rather obvious alterations along the way), Alex entered the studio, Robin hopefully not very far behind as she nodded to Hadyn as the two of them entered the lower levels of the underground parlor.

As it turned out, it wasn't unusual for Robin to tag along with Alex to work. Hadyn didn't seem to mind, her clients didn't seem to mind, and the other artists didn't either. So the tough-looking manager saw no real reason to kick him out.

They still had about a good half-hour until the ink studio was scheduled to be officially open. Alex took out her sketchbook, only to frown when she realized that her sketches from yesterday...weren't even there on the pages.

Even odder still was the fact that all the tattoos she had administered the day prior, which took quite a bit of one-on-one visual conceiving with her clients, were completely absent.

She may have been one to go through hundreds of sketchbooks, but her most recent one was purchased last week, and still had well over fifty pages waiting to be inked. All of the tattoo artist's archived ones were filled with finalized ink, laminated and filed away, likely never to be looked at again.

"What the fuck?" She muttered, largely in confusion and annoyance, to no one in particular.

"What's wrong?" Robin asked, only for his phone to ring at that very moment. He picked up and quickly realized it was from his boss, asking him when he'd have the project ready. That was odd, he specifically remembered that he was told he was off from the project the night before. When he told his boss this, he didn't take it well and simply told him to have it done.

"That was weird my boss just told me to-" he began speaking before looking down at his phone screen, noticing the date. It was yesterday's date. "Alex...what date do you have on your phone?"

Sylvester panicked even more than he did before, seeing the incredible traffic. While he hadn't exactly experienced it before, he did get super nervous. While waiting in the dead still traffic, he checked the time on his phone, but as he did so, he got confused - his phone displayed the same date as yesterday. As Sylvester's phone was top-of-the-line, it shouldn't have happened, but he chalked it down to a glitch, that he'd go to report later in the day to the manufacturers. He continued to sit in the practically standstill traffic, on his way to what he thought was the second day of the expo.

James didn't even think twice about the date. After all, Melody handled his calendar. He had just assumed he'd dozed off on the plane and what he had thought had been his keynote had been a vivid dream. As the pair arrived at the expo, he couldn't help but smile. The fact that his dream self had written such remarks was exceptional. And it made Melody happy that he was prepared, so that was just a bonus.

Alex's visitor to the parlor would show up yet again, wearing a jacket and aviator sunglasses, just like the day before.

Lucy arrived to the expo, a little bit later than usual, and was quite shocked to see the old stage light back and up on its supports. Not shattered. She immediately found Tim. Was he wearing the same outfit?

"Did they fix the stage light already?" she asked. "I'm almost impressed."

"The stage light?" Tim then asked. "There's nothing wrong with it. I mean, I think. That isn't my job."

As if on cue, the stage light plummeted from its supports, and right into the ground, on stage. Lucy stared in dumb shock.

Back
Top Bottom