• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Baile and Sensu styles are the best Oriocorio imo. I might even end up using one of those on my team depending on what Pokemon are still to come.

Each bird barring Pa'u is shown with the corresponding flower colours in the battle backgrounds in the trailer. If we can safely say that Pom-Pom is on Melemele (yellow), then it seems likely that Pa'u is on Akala (pink). So the third island seems to be the location of the Baile style, as you can see the walkways with the red flowers on the western side of the island on the map. Hawiian for red is Ulaula, so that might be the island name. Which would leave the fourth island as the home to Sensu which is shown with purple flowers. Purple is Poni in Hawaiian and so could be the name of the fourth island. The colours on the keyring match this theory too (yellow, red, pink and purple) and red is the largest section of the keyring which would also reflect Ulaula being the largest island.

I think Silktree mentioned elsewhere that the colours of the islands and also the typings of the birds could mirror the guardians. For example, we know Melemele means yellow, has the Pom-Pom style (Electric) and the guardian is Tapu Koko (Electric).

So working off this for the other three guardians:

Akala = pink = Pa'u (Psychic) = Psychic guardian?
Ulaula = red = Baile (Fire) = Fire guardian?
Poni = purple = Sensu (Ghost) = Ghost guardian?

(Of course they might all be part Fairy too.)

Something to think about anyway.

Most of us have noted Minior's core looking like Star Bits from Mario Galaxy, but it occured to me later why: they're both based of konpeito.
Minior's core resembles Star Bits, huh? Interesting. Excuse me while I take this all in.
HOLY CRAP THAT'S WHY LUMAS LOVE TO EAT STAR BITS SO MUCH! I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE BITS OF SPACE AND LUMAS ARE STARS! AND I HADN'T EVEN NOTICED MINIOR'S RESEMBLANCE TO STAR BITS! MINIOR MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE POKEMON OF ALOLA! OR ALL-TIME!!!
Okay, that should do. Minior's pretty cool I guess.

Last edited:
Oricorio the dancing bird would deserve a new move called :

Perish Dance- when activated causes that when oponents pokemon uses the same move that was used in the turn like this move, then it will faint.(imagine what posibilities would this cause)
I'm sorry, what? The way this is worded just confuses me to no end. Does it mean that tf the opponent uses Perish Dance after you do, then they faint? Because that is incredibly specific and pointless. Plus it already has one signature move, I don't feel like it needs another.

Personally, I'm just really disappointed that we can't ride our own Pokémon (apparently). Don't get me wrong, riding Pokemon is awesome, and the rented/borrowed ones are better than nothing! But I'd really prefer to ride my own Pokemon that I raised.

Personally, I'm just really disappointed that we can't ride our own Pokémon (apparently). Don't get me wrong, riding Pokemon is awesome, and the rented/borrowed ones are better than nothing! But I'd really prefer to ride my own Pokemon that I raised.
The problem there is that then they'd need to do riding animations for every single Pokemon that could conceivably be rode, rather than the few that they need to do this way.

That's a good point.

I, too, would have preferred using my own. Are they truly rental Pokemon?

Somehow I imagine it as Pokemon that let you ride on them because you've earned their trust throughout your travels.

I'd imagine it was partially done that way due to the nature of Soaring in the last game being so well received, and if flying on Charizard is anything like it then it's gonna be some good stuff. Even the bare basics of flying for a reasonable fee without having to replace team members is a plus.

With that in mind, HM moves may still be present so that your characters can go through without having to call on their services, because I'd imagine they'd be paying for it...

Regardless, this is getting somewhat off-topic. To bring it back here, I'll state my thoughts on the newly revealed mons...
  • First of all, the Alola Forms in general. Notice that, once again, they started with Generation I mons - I think it'd be interesting for them to reveal Alolan mons from other Generations now that they've opened the floodgates...
  • Alolan Exeggutor is literally nope.avi turned into a Pokemon. Question is, what's an Alolan Exeggcute?
  • Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales might be my Ice and Fairy type of choice. They look so gorgeous!
  • Alolan Sandshrew and Sanic (Sandslash)... I think I'd use these as a challenge, because great Arceus, those glaring weaknesses. They'd better have a serious stat distribution for offence... though from the sounds of its descriptions, that may not be the case.
  • Sensu Style Oricorio is the GOAT, omg.
  • Minior... is collector's bait! Collecting all the colours will be fun.
  • Gumshoos... is Donald Trump. Nothing more needs to be said.
  • Fomantis and Lurantis, these guys seem like they'll be very fun Grass types. Choosing Litten for my primary playthrough, I think having these guys along for the ride will be nice to cover part of the starter trio.
  • Mudbray... Can't say I was attached to it or its evolution.
And that's about it! I have a bunch more thoughts on the other mechanics in the other threads, especially with Z-Moves.

The problem there is that then they'd need to do riding animations for every single Pokemon that could conceivably be rode, rather than the few that they need to do this way.

Not necessarily. They could still have to do riding animations, just for a limited number of Pokemon in the game. Sure, there would be some people complaining about not being able to ride certain Pokemon, but that will probably happen anyway. Just have a decent list available, among the Pokemon found in Alola. But I see your point.

[Amity Square Syndrome]

Exactly haha. I remember it well. While we know it isn't happening, I was hoping for following Pokemon in Sun/Moon, and just allowing a certain list (like starters and most popular mons for example). However, HGSS of course allowed ALL following Pokemon, so maybe the games after Sun/Moon will allow for a larger number of overworld models for walking/riding/whatever.

Not necessarily. They could still have to do riding animations, just for a limited number of Pokemon in the game. Sure, there would be some people complaining about not being able to ride certain Pokemon, but that will probably happen anyway. Just have a decent list available, among the Pokemon found in Alola. But I see your point.
A decent list would still be more restrictive than the number of Pokemon who can learn (multiple) HM moves, so that would defeat the functional purpose of riding Pokemon.

A decent list would still be more restrictive than the number of Pokemon who can learn (multiple) HM moves, so that would defeat the functional purpose of riding Pokemon.

I mean, if we're talking about an overall restrictive list, we've already got one.

It seems that we'll be able to change Oricorio's forms after all. From the official site:
"Oricorio changes its form by sipping the nectar of certain flowers. Since it has four different forms—the same as the number of islands in Alola—it would seem that different Oricorio live on each of the islands."
"Revelation Dance is a move that only Oricorio can learn, and its type changes based on Oricorio’s current style."
Both of those statements are in each of Oricorio's forms' profiles.

I'm sorry, what? The way this is worded just confuses me to no end. Does it mean that tf the opponent uses Perish Dance after you do, then they faint? Because that is incredibly specific and pointless. Plus it already has one signature move, I don't feel like it needs another.

The oponets pokemon faints after it uses the second time the same move it used against a pokemon that used Perish Dance in the same turn. (it's like disable but with the KO)
1 turn
Pokemon A(faster then B): Perish Dance
Pokemon B: Water Gun
2turn
Pokemon A:Encore
PokemonB:Water Gun
-Pokemon B fainted.

It not needs to be a signature one. It could be for more pokemon.

-Mudsdale and Muddy Water anyone???

Last edited:
I've realized the reason Minior feels a bit weird as a Flying-type is because pretty much every other Flying-type is some kind of living creature. The only other ones like Minior are Drifloon, Drifblim, and Rotom-Fan.

• Alolan Sandshrew and Sanic (Sandslash)... I think I'd use these as a challenge, because great Arceus, those glaring weaknesses. They'd better have a serious stat distribution for offence... though from the sounds of its descriptions, that may not be the case.
I know, poor Oglivie II. 4x weak to fighting AND fire? Poor little bugger doesn't stand a chance.
The oponets pokemon faints after it uses the second time the same move it used against a pokemon that used Perish Dance in the same turn. (it's like disable but with the KO)
1 turn
Pokemon A(faster then B): Perish Dance
Pokemon B: Water Gun
2turn
Pokemon A:Encore
PokemonB:Water Gun
-Pokemon B fainted.
Ok, that makes sense now, seems a little broken though... Garuntee that the opponent WILL faint next turn so long as you're fast? Feels a little much to me.

Ok, that makes sense now, seems a little broken though... Garuntee that the opponent WILL faint next turn so long as you're fast? Feels a little much to me.
Since the opponent would know Perish Dance had been used, they could always switch out.
EDIT: Switch to a faster Pokémon that is; otherwise, the process would repeat itself.

Since the opponent would know Perish Dance had been used, they could always switch out.
EDIT: Switch to a faster Pokémon that is; otherwise, the process would repeat itself.
Mean Look/Arena Trap/etc. say hi... That IS three moves specifically designated for this combo though, so it probably is a little more fair that I thought.

Back
Top Bottom