• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Right person, wrong gender.

What would you do?

• Date them anyways. Relationships aren't about physical attraction.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Become best friends with them. You can't date someone who you aren't attracted to.

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • I really don't know what I would do.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman

True Blue Bomber
Reaction score
What would you do if you met someone who was perfect for you, shared all of your interests, was really nice, but was the wrong gender? Please note, when I say wrong gender, I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY! If you do like people of the same gender, than this person is of the opposite gender. Your sexual orientation really doesn't matter. I just want to know what you would do if you met the perfect person, but you weren't physically attracted to them.

Then i'd b their best friend probably. I might consider pursuing a relationship if our friendship got deep-but it would have to be extremely special

Just stay friends with them as its great to have friends who have the same interests as you.

I have a few friends like that, that are not the same gender as me in real life.

Isn't this what best friends are?

I selected the "friend" option. Might consider a relationship if he initiated, and (and this is the most important part) made a really convincing trap.

Best friend. Why on EARTH would I date someone I don't like in that way? It seems pointless to me. Besides, isn't a best friend just as good as a bf/gf? =D

Best friend. Besides best friends require less money and maintenence than bf/gfs.

Well, it really depends. I mean, you two could stay just as best friends. If both you and the other person wanted to take it to a romantic level, I would say go for it. It's entirely up to you.

If it was strictly male or female than yes. However, I'm not attracted to transgendered or genderqueers (have nothing against them it's just not for me) so if they were than I would remain their best friend.

There have been some occasions where I've felt very close to someone of the opposite sex. While there was never any attraction, I often spent a good deal of time with them. The longest being 8 years!

Relationships are so much more than who you are attracted to. Whatever amount of time you spend with them is time you will forever cherish. I know I did. And I can honestly say that I love each and every single one of them. They have been, and always will be, the best friends I could ever have.

Best friend. I know this because I am in fact, to some extent, the wrong gender for someone I love very much to this day - we can both appreciate and have feelings for chicks, but can't imagine spending our entire lives with any and certainly didn't have physical attraction to each other even if there was something emotional there at the time. However, we're eerily similar and we're pretty much thick as thieves to this day. She's one of my best friends and I know I'd never waste a relationship of any kind with someone I got along with so well. I know if either of us had been born a guy and our paths met the same way we'd probably be marrying each other, but instead we have a lovely friendship and, truthfully, I wouldn't change it. I'd like to think I could form the same valuable friendships with anyone else I could end up in such a situation with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom