• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats a good moveset for a ludicolo? I am trying something different here and had a few ideas, just need good natures and moves, all have rain dish:

Idea one
Nature?
Rain Dance
Surf
Nature Power (in battle tower it becomes tri attack, so thats good)
Protect

Idea Two:
Hydro Pump
Giga Drain
Brick Break
Blizzard

Idea Three
Grass Knot
Giga Drain
Surf
Toxic

Any ideas? I wanted to try this as I have not seen a lot of ludicolos come up.

Whats a good moveset for a ludicolo? I am trying something different here and had a few ideas, just need good natures and moves, all have rain dish:

Idea one
Nature?
Rain Dance
Surf
Nature Power (in battle tower it becomes tri attack, so thats good)
Protect

Go with a Calm or Modest nature, and I'd go for the first one personally. Water/Normal (Tri Attack) is unresisted except for Shedinja and Empoleon, iirc.

That'd probably work best with other Pokémon that can take advantage of Rain Dance though. Pair it up with an Electric-type or something.

The third set with a Calm nature would also be pretty good, except I'd replace Grass Knot or Giga Drain for Leech Seed. Then that'd be annoying..

RMT Petition

Join the usergroup if you are for a forum/subforum for RMT.

Yeah this may be considered as spam, but it is still RMT related and figured it would be easier than PMing everyone here who is active.

Thanks Tina. I worked on the first one. I have a calm natured ludicolo anyway.

Hows my team look now?

Luxray@Focus Band
Nature: Brave
Ability: Intimidate
Discharge
Thunder
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang

Ludicolo@Focus Sash
Nature: Calm
Ability: Rain Dish
Rain Dance
Surf
Nature Power (Tri Attack)
Protect

Starraptor@Leftovers
Fly
Ariel Ace
Brave Bird
Close Combat

Camerupt@Scope Lens
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Solidrock
Take Down
Erruption
Earth Power
Sandstorm

Nidoking@Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability:poison Point
Brick Break
Earth Power
Toxic
Mega Horn

Togekiss@Enigma Berry (prefer micle berry, but can't get one)
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Hustle
Metrenome
ExtremeSpeed
Baton Pass
Substatute

I'd give Luxray an Adamant Nature so you don't hinder its defenses, and probably a Choice Band over Muscle Band, or Life orb. Also get rid of Thunder and Discharge, give it Crunch and Ice Fang.

As for Ludicolo...

Ludicolo @ Leftovers/Big Root
Calm nature
Trait: Swift Swim
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Grass Knot/Ice Beam

So it won't be taking on any Blisseys this way, but with Swift Swim, you get the valuable speed you need to outrun what you need to with relatively no speed EVs. Leech Seed because it forces most other walls to walk.

However, I don't like how your Ludicolo is using Rain Dance when no one else on your team tries to take advantage of it, infact Camerupt is hindered by it.

Your team lacks synergy and looks to be random Pokemon held together. Since you put Rain Dance on Ludicolo, perhaps you can try for a Rain-themed team? Combined with Spikes and Stealth Rock, your Leech Seed Ludicolo can prove to be very useful.

Thanks for ideas, I had a grass based team before, but kept getting beaten with it. Thinking of replacing rain dance with Blizzard, happen to have any dragons appear. Also I changed Nidoking for a porygon 2, Adament with download and Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Lock On and Magnet Rise. Holding quick claw.

I am just trying to build up a team that can take advantage of most situations. I could change another with Torterra as its not affected much by rock attacks and is not buffetted by sandstorm moves.

Thanks for ideas, I had a grass based team before, but kept getting beaten with it. Thinking of replacing rain dance with Blizzard, happen to have any dragons appear. Also I changed Nidoking for a porygon 2, Adament with download and Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Lock On and Magnet Rise. Holding quick claw.

I am just trying to build up a team that can take advantage of most situations. I could change another with Torterra as its not affected much by rock attacks and is not buffetted by sandstorm moves.

For a Porygon 2, I would have a Modest nature instead of a Adament one. Much more helpful

Yeah, Torgetsu Kon is right about the modest nature. Adamant raises Attack, but Thunderbolt and Blizzard are powered by Special Attack.

And this is just my experience, but Quick Claw isn't the most reliable item. I've had slow Pokemon hold it before and NEVER seen it take effect. It's a bit too random, and doesn't really work when you need it.

And Torterra is a good idea. I've always found it to be useful.

Togekiss@Enigma Berry (prefer micle berry, but can't get one)
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Hustle
Metrenome
ExtremeSpeed
Baton Pass
Substatute

I'm not an expert on Togekiss, but you might want to consider not using Baton Pass in this moveset. There are no stat-boosting moves in this set (unless you count something random you get from Metronome) that you could pass on, so it would be the same as just using a turn to switch. Also, take advantage of Togekiss's extreamly high base Special Attack stat. ExreameSpeed (and potentally Metronome) uses it's low regular Attack stat, so it won't be of much use.

Starraptor@Leftovers
Fly
Ariel Ace
Brave Bird
Close Combat

I personally love the move Brave Bird, but I always prefer to have Roost in the moveset if I'm going to use it. And I see you have Leftovers attatched, so that helps a bit. But since Brave Bird is your strongest STAB, and you're probably going to be using it often, you might want backup recovery. But that's me and my paranoia of recoils haha. And Fly isn't the best attack to use, because it gives your opponent a free turn (to switch, boost its stats, etc.). Maybe Endeavor instead? With that, if you don't have access to Roost, you could potentially use the recoil damage (kept in check by Leftovers) to your advantage. And you have the right idea with the nature, but there's no need to cut Speed for the Attack boost. Since you're not using Special Attack moves, go for Adamant.

I hope I was able to help a bit!

I'm not an expert on Togekiss, but you might want to consider not using Baton Pass in this moveset. There are no stat-boosting moves in this set

Substitute can be passed. =P

I personally love the move Brave Bird, but I always prefer to have Roost in the moveset if I'm going to use it.

Staraptor doesn't really need Roost. Leftovers is good enough to shrug off recoil usually. Staraptor doesn't exactly benefit from the Flying-type loss, since it isn't bulky (Though being rid of weaknesses is nice, it'll probably die to hits anyway. lol) and it can never find a time to Roost in the first place.

Substitute can be passed. =P

It can? =0
Well then I stand corrected!

Staraptor doesn't really need Roost. Leftovers is good enough to shrug off recoil usually. Staraptor doesn't exactly benefit from the Flying-type loss, since it isn't bulky (Though being rid of weaknesses is nice, it'll probably die to hits anyway. lol) and it can never find a time to Roost in the first place.

I do see your point. Moves with recoil just scare me a bit lol. So even if it means being vulnerable for a turn, I'm likely to use a move like Roost. It's worked for me personally as of yet with Crobat, and that's why I suggested it to Shinx3000 as part of his Staraptor's moveset. (But just watch now, I'm sure one day a nice big Earthquake will come for me while I let my Crobat Roost! haha)

I heard about this thread from my friends in [HASHTAG]#dpbattle[/HASHTAG], and I HAD to get in on it!

This is a four-man double-battle team I made specifically for the Showdown. (Which I never got invited to :( ) I named it Cowabunga Cuthulu.

Basically, it's a team of walls/annoyers. Your opponents hammer away at you, and you're all like "bitch, please!" Meanwhile, you're either hitting back with your own attacks, or inflicting status effects that slowly eat away at your opponent's team.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait:Somewhat vain
Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
EVs: 200 HP, 100 Def, 100 SpD
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Vaporeon @ nothing
Trait:Often Dozes off
Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
EVs: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 SpA
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Aqua Ring
-Acid Armor

Spiritomb @ nothing
Trait:Highly curious
Calm (+SP Defense, -Attack)
EVs: 100 HP, 200 Def, 200 SP Def
-Will-O-Wisp
-Confuse Ray
-Pain Split
-Dark Pulse

Umbreon @ nothing
Trait:Often dozes off
Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
EVs: 200 HP, 100 Def, 100 SP. Attack, 100 SP. Defense
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic
-Moonlight
-Dark Pulse

I lead off with Milotic and Vaporeon. Vaporeon starts off with Aqua Ring, then spams Acid Armor. Milotic uses Surf to both attack the opponents and heal Vaporeon. Umbreon and Spiritomb are my backups.

(Just FYI, the EVs are an educated guess. I don't remember exactly how many points I gave to each one)

I am planning on using a Torkoal and am thinking of having it as an annoyer or a physical wall. It will lead.

This is what I've got so far.

Torkoal - ???
Relaxed (+ Defense, - Speed)
EVs: 129 HP, 129 Defense, 252 SpDefense,
-Will O Wisp
-Iron Defense
-Stealth Rock
-Smokescreen/Rest

Idea is to use Stealth Rock first followed by Will O Wisp to put pressure on them with more coming from smokescreen to make them switch. While they switch I will use Iron Defense to give it a bigger boost. Stealth Rock will kick in for damage and then I will repeat with Will O Wisp and smokescreen. I'm worried about the HP side of things and so am unsure of whither to put Rest on.

I need some help with the EVs, which item to have and recomendations for the moveset. This is my first time thinking about a competitive moveset for any pokemon so I'm not sure if it will work. All help will be noted.

THere's an entire forum for this now, and no one opposes single pokemon rate threads yet, until someone screws it up by posting like tent hreads a day.

Handy information to know for next time though doesn't help me much otherwise.

Its a wall, use Leftovers. You're a sitting duck to Gyarados using Taunt. Tyranitar using Taunt, and Tyranitar using Substitute.

Despite being a fire type, you are actually inviting Pokemon like Heracross in on you by not having a single move.

Why you are even using a minus speed nature is beyond my understanding considering you are not even attacking and both Bold or Impish would work out.

Raising your physical defense isn't really going to do much when you yourself can't really do anything back.

I'd just go Overheat and Explosion rather than Rest and Iron Defense. At least then you'd have a reason to use - speed natures. Or if you don't like the idea of dying, use Rapid Spin to support the rest of your team, but I'm not a fan of a rapid spinner taking 25% from SR.

EDIT: Also as a tip, maximizing the hit points before touching the defenses when the base HP is low generally yields the best defensive result. The opposite applies if HP is high and defense is low.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Completely forgot about Taunt and having relaxed when I'm not attacking. Still got a lot to learn.

Why not lock this thread, then? I've been wondering that for a while.

Actually, I never show up unless a post gets reported to me.

Jirachi, I'm going to start a new thread for your team. I'm going ahead and locking this.

- Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom