• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RNG Help Thread

Yup. I update the time from my computer, which I synchronized with my DS.

set your DS to show the actual time on the DS before entering the game rather than going straight to the game when switching it on as i know mine loses time & doesn't fully synch with my PC (also be aware if the time on the DS passes the around 45 second mark you have to enter the following minute)

also i've RNG'd a shiny egg using your TID & SID so VM me one evening UK time (about 12 hours from now) & i'll trade it over - that will help determine if your SID is correct

if the one i RNG'd doesn't work i can double-check the IV's on your random encounter shiny just in case they've been calculated wrong - we can start again from there

(silly question here so don't think i'm patronising you dude but you are double-tapping the happiness app so they jump every time aren't you? it only counts as "1 tap" when they actually jump - having the sound on helps a bit there)

(silly question here so don't think i'm patronising you dude but you are double-tapping the happiness app so they jump every time aren't you? it only counts as "1 tap" when they actually jump - having the sound on helps a bit there)

I was thinking this could potentially be the problem, since it's not likely to not get a shiny AND miss your target frame unless you are doing some part of the procedure incorrectly.

If the ID/SID combo doesn't work, I'd recommend sending any random Pokemon obtained in this game to someone who can do an exact SID check. I know RoC does those in his thread. I can also check SIDs.

OK, so I'm stuck. I let siburke try it out with my TID and SID, but the eggs aren't turning out shiny either. Does anyone now any other solutions?

first thing you should do is catch a fresh pokemon in the game you want to RNG on & get your SID checked here: awesome SID checker while you're there get the shiny onix checked too - something doesn't add up...

I've got a small annoyance going on. Any help would be appreciated.
I caught a shiny Geodude in the wild something like 2 years ago (just after Pearl and Diamond came out). I've never tried to RNG for a shiny, but I've always been successful at getting gender, nature, and ability pat.
I don't want to RNG for IVs, mind you.

This is the first time and most likely the only time I'll ever be doing this..
I want a shiny pick up Pachirisu. Generate it on my Pearl and then transfer to my White.

So I used the PID finder provided by Smogon ( http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html ) to make sure I have my SID correct. But when I enter in Golem's IVs, I get 2 completely different results. The first one is what I came up with when I did it by hand before this app was created and the second one is just.. off the wall. I've tried both SIDs and I am still not hatching a shiny.
Thing is, I don't know which one is the correct one.

Golem's IVs: 29/7/28/0/1/16 Lonely natured.
Trainer ID: 42615

first SID I got: 07096
second SID I got: 11016

Some one help?

I've got a small annoyance going on. Any help would be appreciated.
I caught a shiny Geodude in the wild something like 2 years ago (just after Pearl and Diamond came out). I've never tried to RNG for a shiny, but I've always been successful at getting gender, nature, and ability pat.
I don't want to RNG for IVs, mind you.

This is the first time and most likely the only time I'll ever be doing this..
I want a shiny pick up Pachirisu. Generate it on my Pearl and then transfer to my White.

So I used the PID finder provided by Smogon ( http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html ) to make sure I have my SID correct. But when I enter in Golem's IVs, I get 2 completely different results. The first one is what I came up with when I did it by hand before this app was created and the second one is just.. off the wall. I've tried both SIDs and I am still not hatching a shiny.
Thing is, I don't know which one is the correct one.

Golem's IVs: 29/7/28/0/1/16 Lonely natured.
Trainer ID: 42615

first SID I got: 07096
second SID I got: 11016

Some one help?

I have never RNGed before, but am familiar with the basics. All I need is for someone to check my SID for HeartGold. Almost every site I frequented two years ago that were willing to do this for me have died out, and now it's nearly impossible for me to find someone willing to help me.

I have never RNGed before, but am familiar with the basics. All I need is for someone to check my SID for HeartGold. Almost every site I frequented two years ago that were willing to do this for me have died out, and now it's nearly impossible for me to find someone willing to help me.

I used this to find out my SID.

I'm lookin for a good guide on b/w egg RNG abuse....I'm having a hard time finding anything on it. So if anyone has anything on how to find the seed (even an AR code) and how to advance the frame I'm really interested in getting to my 5th gen shiny breeding!

I'm lookin for a good guide on b/w egg RNG abuse....I'm having a hard time finding anything on it. So if anyone has anything on how to find the seed (even an AR code) and how to advance the frame I'm really interested in getting to my 5th gen shiny breeding!

If you want to abuse for IVs, the process is similar to IV abuse for legends / wild things (which is also similar to IV abuse in 4th gen). There isn't a completely clear cut guide for it yet, but if you take a look through the 5th gen RNG help thread on Smogon, there is enough to get you started. You would probably have to do some searching to find Q/A for breeding specifically.

There is an AR code to check your seed, but I do not have an AR so I cannot help you there. You should know that the way to breed / catch / obtain shinies has not been released for retail B/W carts at this time. There isn't a shortcut not-really-RNG-abuse method to get shiny eggs like there was in DPPt.

So I guess the short answer to your question is: you can't breed shinies on your b/w retail carts at this time unless you are in the know.

Thanks troggy, I don't really care much for IVs and such since I'm just a shiny collector and not a battler, but I hope there is an easy egg RNG abuse method that gets figured out soon!

Does anyone happen to know how to advance frames in B/W apart from walking 128 steps with X Pokemon in your party? Say you want to get to frame 10 and you start off at frame 1, how will you advance the other 9 frames?
Also does using Max Repels affect the advancement of frames in anyway?

Does anyone happen to know how to advance frames in B/W apart from walking 128 steps with X Pokemon in your party? Say you want to get to frame 10 and you start off at frame 1, how will you advance the other 9 frames?
Also does using Max Repels affect the advancement of frames in anyway?

That's really about it as far as I know. I would recommend searching for spreads on frames you can hit via walking the 128 steps. If you have 5 Pokemon in your party, look for Frame 6, 11, 16, etc...if you have 4 use 5, 9, 13...

Max Repels don't affect the advancement of the IV Frame.

That's really about it as far as I know. I would recommend searching for spreads on frames you can hit via walking the 128 steps. If you have 5 Pokemon in your party, look for Frame 6, 11, 16, etc...if you have 4 use 5, 9, 13...

Max Repels don't affect the advancement of the IV Frame.

Hey thanks for replying.
You see I was trying to get a HP Ice Modest 31/even number/30/31/31/31 Volcarona, and it's the last frame that's driving me nuts!!
I read on Smogon somewhere that saving advances the frame by 1, but that is only for the C-Gear method right?

EDIT: I guess I can do 10 frames with 3 Pokemon in my party?

Hey thanks for replying.
You see I was trying to get a HP Ice Modest 31/even number/30/31/31/31 Volcarona, and it's the last frame that's driving me nuts!!
I read on Smogon somewhere that saving advances the frame by 1, but that is only for the C-Gear method right?

Saving advances the PID Frame, not the IVs. I believe it works for both methods, but it isn't going to advance the IV frame either way. If you can't find a spread to hit, maybe try searching a different month or something like that? :3

And yeah, you could hit Frame 10 by walking 128 x 3 steps with 3 party Pokemon. I'm assuming you are doing non C-gear?

Saving advances the PID Frame, not the IVs. I believe it works for both methods, but it isn't going to advance the IV frame either way. If you can't find a spread to hit, maybe try searching a different month or something like that? :3

That's exactly what I'm doing right now :D

EDIT: Yes I am.

Alright, well that should work...or you could find something else. If you don't have a 100% catch code or something, having 3 Pokemon in your party might make it tough to catch Volcarona. It is very dangerous if it manages to start Butterfly Dancing...at least it gave me some trouble xD

Alright, well that should work...or you could find something else. If you don't have a 100% catch code or something, having 3 Pokemon in your party might make it tough to catch Volcarona. It is very dangerous if it manages to start Butterfly Dancing...at least it gave me some trouble xD

Thanks for the advice, it did cause some trouble to me as well, but managed to catch it with a Repeat ball with Haxorus having 2 HP left when I was testing.
Oh, I just found a frame 6 in December 2011, YES!!
Well wish me luck as I go do the thing I've always wanted to do, properly RNG my near flawless Pokemon:D

Thanks for the advice, it did cause some trouble to me as well, but managed to catch it with a Repeat ball with Haxorus having 2 HP left when I was testing.
Oh, I just found a frame 6 in December 2011, YES!!
Well wish me luck as I go do the thing I've always wanted to do, properly RNG my near flawless Pokemon:D

ahahaha...very nice. I used a Repeat Ball as well. Good luck, then! Volcarona is the only standard abuse I have done :)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom