• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Rock Band"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarHero

Whats my age again?
Reaction score
I don't know how many other Guitar Hero players or other Peripheral/ Music gamers there are on this board but I thought I'd share this game anyways incase you hadn't heard.

Apparently Harmonix and MTV are teaming up to make a game similar to Guitar Hero, called "Rock Band". The thing about this game is that it incorporates Not just the guitar and bass but the drums and even more amazingly, the vocals.

Apparently it will come with a Drum kit and a Mic. I have no idea how there going to make the Drumset but im sure they will do a good job since its the same people who made guitar hero.

Also they are finally deciding to bring it online. Letting you form bands with others around the world. This time around players will also be able to download songs straight off the net, instead of being stuck with the songs that the game comes with. Since MTV is MTV afterall we are sure to see some amazing bands.

Really the only bad thing I see so far is that as of right now it is slated only for release on 360 and Ps3. I would have appreaciated a Ps2 release but it is probably to much for it to handle.

Anybody else as excited about this as I am??

(Btw, I play guitar and drums in real life, so im not a total loser =)

EDIT: Some outside links... if your interested.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117962380.html?categoryid=18&cs=1
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168398.html?tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

I sounds cool, but the MTV thing is like Jesus to a vampire for me. I (like many others no doubt, it arn't that creative) thought of a game were you have the similar parts of 3 preparals : the drum, windwork, and string base to make your own band and do vs and online vs, and online concerts...

So it is something I'd want and, the fact that it's harmonix meanst it'll probably be good but... MTV...

I think MTV can only mean good things for the game, afterall, MTV helped produce the first guitar hero and most people think it had a much better soundtrack. Its also gonna help harmonix be able to get those bands they could never get before since MTV worls so closely with many famous record labels.

Exactly. MTV won't help actually develop the game except for being able to get all the songs in their original record versions. However Electronic Arts is publishing the game, which will make a few people cringe. Let's just hope they don't interfere with Harmonix's development.

I'm really looking forward to Rock Band, and I know Harmonix can pull this task off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom