• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

I don't think we should jump to too many conclusions yet about Contests or next week's episode. There's too much contradictory information about both things to really say for sure what's going on.

Contest wise, I will be very sad if she doesn't do them anymore. But if they aren't in the BW games, there's nothing we can do. Besides, we all agreed that there isn't much more character development they can do with them, right? I'm sure the new quest (if there is one) will lead to some shippy moments. :)
Yeah, it's hard to guess whether Musashi quitted contests for good whether she's just going to change her identity (I haven't heard everything she said). The fact that Hikari lost GF isn't helping either... But anyway, as much as I'm gonna miss the contests if they will be written out, I think it's the high time to move on with something else. As RG said, there's no more character development to do as for contests. We got a lot of character development in DP, but it was mainly concerning contests. We need character developments in other aspects. It's not like Rocketshipping can't get improved more - it can, just not in the matter of contests, as we can't get things being too blatant ;)
Musashi matured as she isn't cheating anymore and she improved her appeals a lot (thanks to Kojiro ;D), Kojiro got ALL supportive of Musashi and willing to help her with his Pokemon, Musashi actually showed gratitude and appreciation for what Kojiro is doing for her, Kojiro gained confidence in Musashi's skills, Musashi got aware that her success is a team effort etc... What else could be done? We got that much... ^.^

Nyasu episode wise, I'm not sure what to think. I have a feeling there's more going on than the preview or summery are letting on. I really have no clue what kind of shipping talk we could possibly get between Musashi and Kojiro. I think once they both understand how much in love Nyasu is they'll soften up. Can't blame them for wanting to take him away. (I must laugh at the "cruelly" part.)

Even if there isn't any Rocketshipping per say, this will be the first time in a loooooong time that Musashi and Kojiro get to spend any long amount of time alone together. I'm greatly looking forward to the character interactions we'll get. :)

KojiMusa97 said:
At least we get Koji-Musa alone time. I'm starting to debate how they'll work together to find Nyasu. Like Musashi said, it has been a while since Musashi and Kojiro were completly alone together. :)
Yes, this what makes me think the most. And I can't wait to see their reactions once they learn that Nyasu left them because of love ;D

I dn't know what kind of Rocketshipping talk we can get too. I'm not counting for too much, honestly. This isn't going to be too emotional episode, as some people hope. This is Oohashi - he's a GAG writer, after all. I can see Nyasu's heart being broken after Nyaruma eveolves in his ugly form xD; There will be much melodrama for sure, but melodrama DP164-wise. But what I really want to hear in this episode is some line from Musashi or Kojiro (or both) to learn what's their opinion about leaving Team Rocket when any of them falls in love ;D

By the way, is my signature too big? If it is, does anyone know a way that I can crop it?
Hehe, your sig is a win, Poli! ^^

So, not even gonna lie, I joined the forum just to participate in this thread because I've been lurking in it for months now. I'm Carly and I draw lots of dumb rocketshipping art that I post on DA. I've been in the fandom and in to rocketshipping for over 10 years now, so I'm all caught up for the most part ;)
Welcome to the thread! I hope you will stay for longer :3
It's great to meet another old fan ;D What's your DA's nickname?

I'm pretty sad that Musashi isn't going to do contests anymore...but in the same vain I'm excited to see what the B/W generation holds. Maybe Kojiro will take up a side-quest? Plus, it's always nice seeing them do something other than the "same old, same old".
I don't think it's likely for Kojiro to get the attention this time. He got somewhat more manly in DP, but still, it's Musashi who's in the centre of attention. And he seems to be ok with that.

I think that all of us noticed how Kojiro is less and less complaining when it comes to Musashi's bossy attitude. Instead, he's happy about doing something for her. Now he complains only when he needs to - as we've seen in DP175. And even if so, he showed his assertive nature and decided to show up in the audience to cheer on Musashi, not caring that she didn't let him to do that. He is happy to see her happy. Kojiro seems to agree with her on everything as long as it makes her happy - like when he first had doubts about stealing Togekiss, but once she explained the way of her thinking, he agreed. It may be small things, but they can't go unnoticed.

I think that the fact that Kojiro wasn't willing to take part in a contest in Musashi's place in DP146 was neccessary to show that character development. He had the sweetest smile when Musashi hugged and appreciated him. During his lifetime, he has been trying to do something for Musashi to make her feel proud of him multiple times and he either failed badly or Musashi didn't show him any gratitude. When he felt like he was "no man" for Musashi, of course that his man pride suffered badly. He even showed how "no good" he is in DP117, when because of his stupidity Musashi had to rescue him from lethal danger and almost died herself. It's natural to give up and being unwilling to take such challenges to not make himself look even more of failure in Musashi's eyes. Even if I tried to explain his behaviour in DP146 to make him look less of a jerk, I've been still kinda mad with him. I thought "Musashi was ready to sacrifice her life for you and you can't do even something simply as that for her?". But yeah, I guess that for some men, death is better than humilation. He may have said, that he'd rather lose right away, but that only shows how much he was sure that he fails no matter what - so why make it last longer? Poor, poor guy. It's not like he didn't care for Musashi's health. If he didn't, he wouldn't show her such care at the beginning of the episode.

He has been unhappy about Musashi orders many times before. He still did what she said, complaining and acting as if terrible harm was done to him, only to have a peace of mind. When I saw the glomp scene in DP146 I thought that it's been the last time we've seen Kojiro being this unhappy to do something for Musashi to make her smile. Besides, he never showed this much how much he cares for her - after DP146, he cared for her contests more than herself!

The next step would be Kojiro saving Musashi's life... but I think that we will have to wait a long time for it yet ^^;

I would just like to post a friendly mod reminder. There's been the occasional spoilering of off topic stuff, and that's not allowed. Off topic is off topic. A little within reason is okay, but sometimes there's been a bit too much in here. It would also be nice if you could put more into your post than just simple one liners that don't really add much to the thread.
Woah, congratulations on becoming a mod! :-D Yeah, Ordnung muss sein! xD

I've been wondering that too, because despite his wealthy background and all the Rumika and family episodes, Kojiro seems like the "underdog" compared to Musashi. This especially has to do with his lack of involvement in other things besides the Rocket-Dan, disguises, and bottle cap collecting (<--that's so cute haha), and his amount of pokemon each season.
Tbh, I enjoy him being the "underdog" xD; I don't want him to act all manly and cool all the time. A little is a nice change, but if he became that way that would ruin his character. Pff, not only his character but team dynamics! :p

So, not even gonna lie, I joined the forum just to participate in this thread because I've been lurking in it for months now. I'm Carly and I draw lots of dumb rocketshipping art that I post on DA. I've been in the fandom and in to rocketshipping for over 10 years now, so I'm all caught up for the most part ;)

Welcome Carly! I just joined this month too. You seem to have the quoting thing down already. Unlike me, who's double/triple posted many times. :eek:hdear:

Anyway, i'd love to see your fanart. I'm sure it's great! And I'm really anticipating the Nyasu episode. Like everyone's previosly said it's a great chance for some shippyness. :)

Thank you for all the welcomes, everyone =) And since I've been asked, my art is here - http://musashirose.deviantart.com I upload at least sketches almost every day, heh.

Do you think it's possible that Kojiro could convince her to do them again? I think he is the only person she would listen to (maybe Nyasu a bit)

I think it really depends what's in store for this new region. Like it's been said, we don't know if there are going to be contests at all in it. If there are, I'm sure Kojiro won't have any trouble convincing her to try again (if he has to convince her at all, she might get all excited again, and who knows, she might make up another persona to go with it...but I'm getting way ahead of myself here, and I'm not the only one that's speculating/hoping for this XD). I didn't see the episode (just the screencaps and read the summary) but who knows if she's done for good.

And maybe we will get a friendshippy trio hug!

I think that's a definite thing! ;D

I don't think it's likely for Kojiro to get the attention this time. He got somewhat more manly in DP, but still, it's Musashi who's in the centre of attention. And he seems to be ok with that.

I think that all of us noticed how Kojiro is less and less complaining when it comes to Musashi's bossy attitude. Instead, he's happy about doing something for her. Now he complains only when he needs to - as we've seen in DP175. And even if so, he showed his assertive nature and decided to show up in the audience to cheer on Musashi, not caring that she didn't let him to do that. He is happy to see her happy. Kojiro seems to agree with her on everything as long as it makes her happy - like when he first had doubts about stealing Togekiss, but once she explained the way of her thinking, he agreed. It may be small things, but they can't go unnoticed.

I don't think it's likely, either, but it'd be interesting. It just makes me wonder if she'd support him in the same manner he supported her throughout her contests. But you're absolutely right, he's happy when she's happy, and he seems to be content in doing small things and to make her happy. And I really don't think he agrees with her out of fear (like the Kanto episodes), I think it's a mutual respect and understanding thing. I'm pretty far behind on watching DP/AG episodes, so I can't think of any examples, but just from reading summaries and from what I've seen, it's what I gather. I do like it that he's not afraid to share his ideas nowadays, though, he would have never done that in the older episodes. Every once in a while he'd have his moments.

I think that the fact that Kojiro wasn't willing to take part in a contest in Musashi's place in DP146 was neccessary to show that character development. He had the sweetest smile when Musashi hugged and appreciated him. During his lifetime, he has been trying to do something for Musashi to make her feel proud of him multiple times and he either failed badly or Musashi didn't show him any gratitude. When he felt like he was "no man" for Musashi, of course that his man pride suffered badly. He even showed how "no good" he is in DP117, when because of his stupidity Musashi had to rescue him from lethal danger and almost died herself. It's natural to give up and being unwilling to take such challenges to not make himself look even more of failure in Musashi's eyes. Even if I tried to explain his behaviour in DP146 to make him look less of a jerk, I've been still kinda mad with him. I thought "Musashi was ready to sacrifice her life for you and you can't do even something simply as that for her?". But yeah, I guess that for some men, death is better than humilation. He may have said, that he'd rather lose right away, but that only shows how much he was sure that he fails no matter what - so why make it last longer? Poor, poor guy. It's not like he didn't care for Musashi's health. If he didn't, he wouldn't show her such care at the beginning of the episode.

He has been unhappy about Musashi orders many times before. He still did what she said, complaining and acting as if terrible harm was done to him, only to have a peace of mind. When I saw the glomp scene in DP146 I thought that it's been the last time we've seen Kojiro being this unhappy to do something for Musashi to make her smile. Besides, he never showed this much how much he cares for her - after DP146, he cared for her contests more than herself!

I don't think Musashi thinks of him as a failure so much, plus she's not exactly the best at showing gratitude, though she's getting much better when it matters. Musashi isn't someone who puts up with a whole lot of nonsense, if Kojiro wasn't important to her, she would have ditched him long ago. She genuinely cares for him, just isn't so good at showing it sometimes. Plus, if she wouldn't have saved him in DP117, we wouldn't have got the "if there is another world after this, let's meet there" line ;) (Heh, and it was Nyasu who ended up being the hero in that situation, anyway! I guess they do need him around ;D)

I do feel for him, though. He's always trying so hard! It's so adorable.

The next step would be Kojiro saving Musashi's life... but I think that we will have to wait a long time for it yet ^^;

Heh, it'd be interesting if she'd let him save her life. It depends on the severity of the situation. It'd have to be something really serious for her to accept his help, she seems like she'd try to get herself out of the situation before accepting help. Then again, how many times has she came to his aid? I guess he owes her one ;) It's not that I don't want to see this, because I do! I think it'd be adorable. She'd just really have to get herself in to quite a mess.

Tbh, I enjoy him being the "underdog" xD; I don't want him to act all manly and cool all the time. A little is a nice change, but if he became that way that would ruin his character. Pff, not only his character but team dynamics! :p

I like him this way, too! It'd get quite boring if he was all manly all of the time. And I think he and Musashi would just argue a whole lot more over nothing, she's so used to being in charge, and I don't see her giving in too easily, let alone switching roles. I just can't see that happening.

Sorry, long post is long!

Welcome Carly! <3

Glad you finally decided to join in on all the fun here. :D
Maybe Kojiro will take up a side-quest? Plus, it's always nice seeing them do something other than the "same old, same old".

I agree with that. Maybe B&W will have something for Kojiro to be good at, and have Musashi&Nyasu support him? ;)

After all quitting isn't really part of Musashi's character, if she did quit.

Maybe it was just an outburst, after all it seemed like she was trying to hold in her feelings for a while, and just released them all. Last minute.

I would just like to post a friendly mod reminder. There's been the occasional spoilering of off topic stuff, and that's not allowed. Off topic is off topic.

Ooooooo, you're a mod now? Congratulations! :party:

Do you guys think there will be contests stuff from Musashi's POV in that Kengo vs Satoshi battle episode? I wish Kojiro would mention something about that too, and try to convince Musashi to continue Contests again or something...

That's actually a really interesting idea! :3

Since next episode probably won't have any reference to the Grand Festival, they could mention it with Kengo being around being he is/was a coordinator too.

Hey, guys, I'm going to start making a RocketShippy AMV today, to the song "What I Like About You". Any suggestions or feedback?

Hiya Carly! Haha, somehow I knew you were MusashiRose even before you said it. I'm soo good-

ANYHOW. I would say it's not Musashi's style to quit, especially after getting that far, but that's not 100% true, is it? I mean, she quit nursing school back in the day and she quit dancing after she wasn't accepted, so maybe that is something she does. She just never seemed like the type to me. I never really thought about her being a "quitter" before XD

Contests have done so much for her though, I'd hate to see her quit like this. Kojiro needs to say something about it! Or even Nyasu.

Speaking of, I'm soo excited about the Nyasu episode. If Nyasu runs away out of love, what else can Kojiro and Musashi talk about but, well, love? Ohoho.

And one more thing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYp97O6pm6k Another video. Really short. A friend asked me to make it I swear I'm not insane.

And to lawnmowergirl, I don't know how many AMVs you may have made before, or what program you use, but the best thing I can say is make sure the clips match the lyrics! It's so awkward to watch scenes under words that have nothing to do with them.

Oh, hey, I recognize you from DA =D

ANYHOW. I would say it's not Musashi's style to quit, especially after getting that far, but that's not 100% true, is it? I mean, she quit nursing school back in the day and she quit dancing after she wasn't accepted, so maybe that is something she does. She just never seemed like the type to me. I never really thought about her being a "quitter" before XD

Contests have done so much for her though, I'd hate to see her quit like this. Kojiro needs to say something about it! Or even Nyasu.

Well, with the nursing thing, she kind of screwed up, going to a school for Pokemon. I don't think it was so much her "quitting" as it was "oh, I messed up and wasn't very good at this anyway, time to move on to something else". And with the other things, it's like she just gets bored with it after a while, especially if she's not good at it.

I think the difference between the Contests and the other things before is that she is much more passionate about the Contests, especially after Kojiro became so supportive. She didn't really have anyone supporting her throughout her other quests (well, unless you count the Chansey/Blissey). Even when she wasn't doing well and not winning, she continued to keep trying because it was something she really cared about, and I think a lot of it has to do with Kojiro and Nyasu helping her, even if they weren't completely supportive in the beginning.

Speaking of, I'm soo excited about the Nyasu episode. If Nyasu runs away out of love, what else can Kojiro and Musashi talk about but, well, love? Ohoho.

Eh, y'know, "baww, Nyasu is gone, our team is not complete!" ;D

Only a few days until we know!

Eh, I doubt there will be any deep discussions between Musashi and Kojiro... I'm pretty sure Musashi just gets fired up to get Nyasu back, because she kinda snapped after the GF. It's like psychological defense, as she doesn't want to admit how much they suck now. XD Kojiro will probably just follow her, though being more doubtful about the situation. If only Takegami had written this episode...

Ohashi will probably write Kojiro being rebellious against Musashi, actually. It would be ok if he let Kojiro to say Musashi is just sad and messed up because of the GF loss, but nooooo, it's freaking Oohashi. *pout*

I think it really depends what's in store for this new region. Like it's been said, we don't know if there are going to be contests at all in it. If there are, I'm sure Kojiro won't have any trouble convincing her to try again (if he has to convince her at all, she might get all excited again, and who knows, she might make up another persona to go with it...but I'm getting way ahead of myself here, and I'm not the only one that's speculating/hoping for this XD). I didn't see the episode (just the screencaps and read the summary) but who knows if she's done for good.
I don't think that he will even try to convince her, especially now. His attitude is all "Musashi is ok about it, then so I am". Thanks Fujita, he at least didn't listen to her, when she forbade him to go cheer on her. Otherwise I would have thought that he became a brainless slug, who listens to everything Musashi says. :rolleyes: He's ok about everything Musashi is ok with, but she can't order him to be a bad friend for her! :-D DP175 and DP177 might have been written by different writers, but still, it's interesting comparing how he was all "Are you sure, Musashi?" after Musashi told him that she didn't need being cheered on, and how he did nothing but let out some kind of battle cry after she told to just forget it and go catch Pikachu.

And I really don't think he agrees with her out of fear (like the Kanto episodes),I think it's a mutual respect and understanding thing. I'm pretty far behind on watching DP/AG episodes, so I can't think of any examples, but just from reading summaries and from what I've seen, it's what I gather. I do like it that he's not afraid to share his ideas nowadays, though, he would have never done that in the older episodes. Every once in a while he'd have his moments.
Yes, you're right :3 He's no longer fearful of her and this whole GF arc just proves it.

I don't think Musashi thinks of him as a failure so much, plus she's not exactly the best at showing gratitude, though she's getting much better when it matters. Musashi isn't someone who puts up with a whole lot of nonsense, if Kojiro wasn't important to her, she would have ditched him long ago. She genuinely cares for him, just isn't so good at showing it sometimes.
Yeah, I know that she doesn't really think of him this way, we know that she doesn't mean some things she says. But male psychology works like that. They need to feel needed, unreplaceable, admired. And they need to achieve successes. Kojiro is no exception.

Heh, it'd be interesting if she'd let him save her life. It depends on the severity of the situation. It'd have to be something really serious for her to accept his help, she seems like she'd try to get herself out of the situation before accepting help. Then again, how many times has she came to his aid? I guess he owes her one ;) It's not that I don't want to see this, because I do! I think it'd be adorable. She'd just really have to get herself in to quite a mess.
Lol, she has to let him? xD; He had a few occasions to save her arleady, but he failed every time, even if he tried hard. I was shocked when I saw him being able to catch Musashi in time when she fainted, truly xD; That was manly ;D And Musashi accepted his help when he tried to walk her to bed. I can't think of any situation when she wouldn't let Kojiro to help her, really... in the 4th movie she was even kinda angry with Kojiro and Nyasu because they didn't come to rescue her.

ANYHOW. I would say it's not Musashi's style to quit, especially after getting that far, but that's not 100% true, is it?

Yeah, tbh, I've expected much better from Tomioka to end her contest arc after all of this awesome stuff. But well, let's just move on. I hope we get a side quest next gen too :3

I sooo wish it could be Takegami's episode. We could get some nice and deep quotes for sure :<

Eh, I doubt there will be any deep discussions between Musashi and Kojiro...
I doubt it too, but it doesn't mean that some lines couldn't be important.

I'm pretty sure Musashi just gets fired up to get Nyasu back, because she kinda snapped after the GF. It's like psychological defense, as she doesn't want to admit how much they suck now. XD Kojiro will probably just follow her, though being more doubtful about the situation.
What do you mean by being more doubtful about situation? He isn't short-tempered as Musashi, so he didn't rage but he was definitely angry too as shown in the preview. Besides, the summary stated clearly that they will cooperate together to get Nyasu back.

If only Takegami had written this episode...
Musashi maybe would snap because of Nyasu leaving them without a decent goodbye, but she would definitely want him to be happy. In Takegami's episodes, she was shown multiple times as someone who can sacrifice her own happiness and aspirations for a friend. Everyone may think that Musashi is selfish, but her Takegami's portrayal isn't really. Kojiro on the other hand, would probably
So the thing is... it would be more possible for Kojiro to rebel against Musashi in a Takegami's episode - but it wouldn't be anything harmful, since it would end up Rocketshippy, Takegami-style.

Ohashi will probably write Kojiro being rebellious against Musashi, actually. It would be ok if he let Kojiro to say Musashi is just sad and messed up because of the GF loss, but nooooo, it's freaking Oohashi. *pout*
WUT?
How is Musashi messed up?
And how do you explain how he can get rebellious against her? Last time you were pessimistic about Sogo's episode, because you were certain that Kojiro would rebell against Musashi, because of one episode that happened almost 3 years earlier, it didn't happen. Kojiro was doubtful at first (omg, he's so moral xD), but as soon as Musashi explained her way of thinking, he was all ok about stealing Togekiss FOR HER. Hey, it's against my morals, but I don't care since it will make Musashi happy! Oh, silly Kojiro :D

That was Sogo's episode. This Sogo. Not to mention that he wrote that shippy scene in DP143.

Hmm... I just had a certain thought. What if Musashi portrayed being all angry, when she should be rather calm and be all "Pff, if that's what he wants, let's leave him alone" because of... character development? What happened the last time their team broke up? She and Kojiro nearly died.
Nyasu didn't go through what they did, so it was obvious that he could be the only one to break up this time. Musashi and Kojiro know now, that leaving team is nothing but asking for trouble... But let's just wait and watch the episode. Anyway, I think this is going to be interesting episode and will be referenced later in our future speculations :3

WUT?
How is Musashi messed up?
I mean that after the loss she would be super determined to get Pikachu, no matter what. And Nyasu just "abandoning" her would make her just angry and forget about Nyasu's feelings... I don't really remember how Kojiro was in the preview, but of course I know he'll be upset too.

I watched the first ribbon episode a few days ago in Finnish, and James and Meowth were shaking in fear and saying how they will die if she won't win (my dub has the exact same errors and flaws as the Eng dub). Anyone know what they said in the original? I know we discussed this some time ago, but I don't really remember... Were they really afraid of her? The animation sure spoke for it... It was SO different from what was now! O_O

And to lawnmowergirl, I don't know how many AMVs you may have made before, or what program you use, but the best thing I can say is make sure the clips match the lyrics! It's so awkward to watch scenes under words that have nothing to do with them.

Heh, don't worry, I'll have no problem with that - the song has plenty of lines that will work perfectly with things that J&J do all the time, so even though this will be my first AMV, it shouldn't be too amateurish, hopefully.

Hey, everyone, Poli here, and I am counting down the days, people. Just 4 more!

Yeah, it's hard to guess whether Musashi quitted contests for good whether she's just going to change her identity (I haven't heard everything she said). The fact that Hikari lost GF isn't helping either... But anyway, as much as I'm gonna miss the contests if they will be written out, I think it's the high time to move on with something else. As RG said, there's no more character development to do as for contests. We got a lot of character development in DP, but it was mainly concerning contests. We need character developments in other aspects. It's not like Rocketshipping can't get improved more - it can, just not in the matter of contests, as we can't get things being too blatant ;)

I just love your lengthy evaluations :-D. Anyway, I think she would have quit even if Hikari did win GF, but still, as you said, we can never be so sure if this is a permanent decision. As for the whole thing with wrapping up the contest arc, I will miss them, but can see that many of the older and more nostalgic fans want something different. I mean, Musashi could've had the potential to win more ribbons and possibly win in another GF, but she's still part of the Rocket-Dan and they can't just make Kojiro and Nyasu sit around and cheer for her (although we can all agree that's just so cute!). As we mentioned before, this new generation may bring new opportunities for "Kojiro the Underdog". :p

Hehe, your sig is a win, Poli! ^^

Thanks, but unfortunately, I had to take it down because I didn't know how to make it smaller and there's a certain size limit for these forums. *Sigh* Like my new, boring one? xD

I think that all of us noticed how Kojiro is less and less complaining when it comes to Musashi's bossy attitude. Instead, he's happy about doing something for her. Now he complains only when he needs to - as we've seen in DP175.

Yeah, I can tell that they've definitely softened up a lot since Kanto (with random exceptions by the sometimes-hot-headed Musashi :lol:). I just love how their relationship has grown, and honestly, that's probably one of the only things that I love about D/P.

I like him this way, too! It'd get quite boring if he was all manly all of the time. And I think he and Musashi would just argue a whole lot more over nothing, she's so used to being in charge, and I don't see her giving in too easily, let alone switching roles. I just can't see that happening.

Well, I never said that I didn't like him that way, I sort of noticed it. But I'd rather the girl of the group be the strong-willed one and the guy be the sweet and sensitive one. It's a nice balance if you ask me. I love guys that aren't all arrogant and obnoxious, hence why I love precious Kojiro so much! :crush:

By the way, Carly, don't worry about the long posts! We love long posts on here! I haven't given a thorough "evaluation" on this thread in a long time, but I like reading about what everyone else has to say, so pour your heart out! :lol:

Hey, guys, I'm going to start making a RocketShippy AMV today, to the song "What I Like About You". Any suggestions or feedback?

That's great! I'd say definitely make the clips match the music, like Neo said before, and it's actually a great song to try and make the characters lip-sync to. Hmm...idk what else, but I'm sure it'll come out great!

And one more thing...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYp97O6pm6k Another video. Really short. A friend asked me to make it I swear I'm not insane.

Lol..."lick"...nice job though! xD

I mean that after the loss she would be super determined to get Pikachu, no matter what. And Nyasu just "abandoning" her would make her just angry and forget about Nyasu's feelings... I don't really remember how Kojiro was in the preview, but of course I know he'll be upset too.

I notice that how Musashi and Nyasu don't have that much close of a relationship with each other, and how Kojiro acts like the "buffer" between them. He has more of a relationship with Nyasu (as we've seen from the "Shuckle-juice" episode), so I'm pretty sure he'll be more upset.

Eh, you know what? Even though we might not get a large amount of shippyness in the next episode, I'm hopeful and excited for anything they throw at us. You see, with Pokemon, any episode that has to do with love and romance makes the anime more interesting. So even if it's a sweet fearhug or a nice scene when they're alone will be fine with me. :awww:

Great song choice! Looking forward to see it :)

Hmm... I just had a certain thought. What if Musashi portrayed being all angry, when she should be rather calm and be all "Pff, if that's what he wants, let's leave him alone" because of... character development? What happened the last time their team broke up? She and Kojiro nearly died.
Nyasu didn't go through what they did, so it was obvious that he could be the only one to break up this time. Musashi and Kojiro know now, that leaving team is nothing but asking for trouble... But let's just wait and watch the episode. Anyway, I think this is going to be interesting episode and will be referenced later in our future speculations :3

Well, as we saw in the preview she seemed really angry at the whole thing, but that could just be her initial reaction. I know I would be angry too. I could see that later in the episode she might get all calm about it, but it seems she will still use her pokemon to try and get him back. And you're right about Nyasu not experiencing what Musashi and Kojiro did last time the team broke up, so he doesn't fully realize the consequences. Even though Musashi wants him to be happy, she could realize the mistake he is making and wants to save him from trouble. But she expresses it through actions and anger, rather than a heartfelt "talk." She probably doesn't want to get so angry and wants to tell him the mistake he is making, but she doesn't really know how to go about it gently.

Well, I never said that I didn't like him that way, I sort of noticed it. But I'd rather the girl of the group be the strong-willed one and the guy be the sweet and sensitive one. It's a nice balance if you ask me. I love guys that aren't all arrogant and obnoxious, hence why I love precious Kojiro so much! :crush:

I definitely agree with this. I like sweet and sensitive Kojiro just as much as I like him acting like he is "manly" like in DP 146. I also like it when he takes charge of situations (like that one episode where Musashi wanted to run off and practice contests, while Kojiro came up with a plan to capture Pikachu)

I think Musashi appreciates that side of him too; as Jeska said, it wouldn't be cool if he acted like a brainless slug all the time.

Eh, you know what? Even though we might not get a large amount of shippyness in the next episode, I'm hopeful and excited for anything they throw at us. You see, with Pokemon, any episode that has to do with love and romance makes the anime more interesting. So even if it's a sweet fearhug or a nice scene when they're alone will be fine with me. :awww:

Yes, I agree and the anime doesn't discuss the issue of love that much, and I think the best way for them to conquer that idea is with the rockets. Obviously, they are older and know more about it, so it means so much more when they talk about it. Also, The rockets have the possibility to have deep thoughts, so they are definitely the best choice to talk about a complicated issue as love.

I just rewatched the preview because I couldn't remember how he was, either. His initial reaction seemed pretty angry/upset/surprised/somewhat confused, but Musashi was just flat out angry. But I agree that she'd probably turn her focus back on to getting Pikachu to kind of forget about the Contests for a while, so something like this happening is without a doubt going to anger her.

I notice that how Musashi and Nyasu don't have that much close of a relationship with each other, and how Kojiro acts like the "buffer" between them. He has more of a relationship with Nyasu (as we've seen from the "Shuckle-juice" episode), so I'm pretty sure he'll be more upset.

I've noticed that, too. I think a lot of it has to do with well, they're both guys, and that Nyasu and Musashi seem to butt heads a lot more over plans because they're more similar in personality and Kojiro's more passive.

And in a way, Nyasu seems to put himself before the team and was always a little more selfish than Kojiro or Musashi when it came to what he wanted to do given the circumstances. Yeah, he comes around when he needs to, but look what happened when he decided that he wanted to go become a noodle chef. His primary goal was always to "become top cat".

I definitely agree with this. I like sweet and sensitive Kojiro just as much as I like him acting like he is "manly" like in DP 146. I also like it when he takes charge of situations (like that one episode where Musashi wanted to run off and practice contests, while Kojiro came up with a plan to capture Pikachu)

I love how excited he gets over Rocket Dan related stuff sometimes, he always seems more team-oriented than Musashi or Nyasu.

Yes, I agree and the anime doesn't discuss the issue of love that much, and I think the best way for them to conquer that idea is with the rockets. Obviously, they are older and know more about it, so it means so much more when they talk about it. Also, The rockets have the possibility to have deep thoughts, so they are definitely the best choice to talk about a complicated issue as love.

Well...as much as we wish it wasn't sometimes, it's still a kid's show :lol: Kids care more about the Pokemon and the battles and all of that, and they're probably afraid of losing the target audience if the show got too serious. If anything, they'd wait until closer to when they knew the show was going to end to do anything too crazy.

I think that the anime may someday change cast, and then Rocketshipping could be canon in an epilogue-style ending. Or maybe they should represent the characters aging (damn it, Satoshi looks almost the same, but he should be like 13 or 14 by now, at least).

Oh, that might be a reason too, why she would be so upset...

I watched the first ribbon episode a few days ago in Finnish, and James and Meowth were shaking in fear and saying how they will die if she won't win (my dub has the exact same errors and flaws as the Eng dub). Anyone know what they said in the original? I know we discussed this some time ago, but I don't really remember... Were they really afraid of her? The animation sure spoke for it... It was SO different from what was now! O_O
They said in unison that they have a bad feeling about it... I don't have ide what Nyasu said later, he was afraid of something... So yeah, the dub maybe was more extreme, but wasn't wrong.

I just love your lengthy evaluations :-D.
Thank you! :-D At least I know I don't write them in vain! xD

Thanks, but unfortunately, I had to take it down because I didn't know how to make it smaller and there's a certain size limit for these forums. *Sigh* Like my new, boring one? xD
Honestly, I liked the previous one better! XD

Yeah, I can tell that they've definitely softened up a lot since Kanto (with random exceptions by the sometimes-hot-headed Musashi :lol:). I just love how their relationship has grown, and honestly, that's probably one of the only things that I love about D/P.
Let's put it straight - Musashi will be always the hot-headed one, otherwise it wouldn't be her! :p I love how bi-polar she can be, hot-tempered and bossy on the other side and sensitive and cute on the other :3 In the old times, Kojiro seemed to dislike that hot temper and bossiness of hers, but now he seems to accept it :3 I can't imagine any other guy than him to put up with her weird personality, honestly :lol:

Exactly! :crush:

Btw, I wonder why so many people think that manliness means being a superhero or arrogant jerk who looks down on women. Trying your best to make beloved woman happy and being proud of you is what I call manliness :3 Just what Kojiro's doing now <3

Now... this looks horribly wrong.

Blueshipping doesn't exist. Nyasu's heart belongs to Sakaki.

It's Oohashi. Prepare for a good laugh, not for shipping xD;

Of course, it's his way to impress Musashi ;D

Truly, love is somewhat taboo on Pokemon. Maybe I still watched too few Japanese episodes to make a judge on it, but as far as I remember, I've never heard "ren'ai" (the closest Japanese equivalent for "romantic love") here even in episodes where you think it's unavoidable. In the latest "love" episode tih Pikachu and Pochama, no one said they're in love. They just got "in a good relationship". The same happened in "The Bicker the Better" episode when Oscar and Andi were putting remarks on Satoshi and Haruka's, and then Musashi and Kojiro's relationship.

And all of sudden, they used a word "koi" for DP178 title and summary. "Koi" means love, but well... erotic one. It's more of passion, really. While "ai" can be used towards your parents, animals, country, everything, because it's rather platonic feeling, "koi" has the most erotic innuendo out of all words for "love" in usage as for today's language.
I know that Kojiro used the word "koi" in Lucky Lucky song, but those were old times, when Pokemon wasn't intended just for kids.

I realized it just now, truly xD; It's interesting. I wonder if it means that they're breaking the taboo now? I will put extra attention for what words the characters are using in today's episode :3

Btw, the most appropriate episode to have "koi" in its title should be "The Origins of Youth and Love!". In Japanese, this episode has "ai" to stand for "love". Really, I think we all agree it should be "koi", the most erotic scene on Pokemon ever deserves that :naughty:

And in a way, Nyasu seems to put himself before the team and was always a little more selfish than Kojiro or Musashi when it came to what he wanted to do given the circumstances. Yeah, he comes around when he needs to, but look what happened when he decided that he wanted to go become a noodle chef. His primary goal was always to "become top cat".
I agree. Maybe now Team Rocket is more of trio than of duo + Nyasu, but still the difference in relationship between Musashi and Kojiro and any of them and Nyasu is noticeable. Especially in Takegami's episodes and recently, also in Fujita's episodes.

Well...as much as we wish it wasn't sometimes, it's still a kid's show :lol: Kids care more about the Pokemon and the battles and all of that, and they're probably afraid of losing the target audience if the show got too serious. If anything, they'd wait until closer to when they knew the show was going to end to do anything too crazy.
Who knows, maybe today's episode may say "goodbye" to all this nonsense prudity ;D

I have a topic. We know that Nyasu's staying, but let's suppose that he leaves the team. What effect would it have on Rocketshipping? Good one or bad one?
I'll speak my mind later.

We know that Nyasu's staying, but let's suppose that he leaves the team. What effect would it have on Rocketshipping? Good one or bad one?

Obviously it would have a good effect at first since they'd be alone more, but the Rockets would soon get a new third wheel Pokemon, so we'd just go back to where we started.

We know that Nyasu's staying, but let's suppose that he leaves the team. What effect would it have on Rocketshipping? Good one or bad one?
It depends. If nothing happened after they had been together alone for a while, wouldn't that mean nothing shippy would develop even without being interrupted all the time? I think the third wheel is necessary for that matter. But anyway, there would be a lot of awkward silence between the two of them. Hehe.

I have good news, guys. I've forgiven Ohashi! :D Today's episode was so cute. Also, loved the new animator, hope he/she continues next gen and draws more rocket episodes.

Pretty good episode. Musashi and Kojiro weren't as cute as Oohashi's last episode, but there was still a little Kantoish behavior in them. I can't really explain it, it's just you can tell by the way they interact with each other that they still have this close on the same page bond that went away for so long.

I have good news, guys. I've forgiven Ohashi! :D

And I love you forever for that. <3

Anyway, there were a few classic cute things I'd like to point out since there will be nothing to discuss until the fall.

DP178_1.jpg

I really wasn't expecting them to bow in thanks. That was awesome purely for the dub fans. :p

DP178_2.jpg

But this is what I loved the most. Classic moving in unison Musashi and Kojiro. :) You just don't get that with other ships.

DP178_3.jpg

Kind of an animation fail here, but cute nonetheless.

Oh, and I told you so about Oohashi. ;-)

It depends. If nothing happened after they had been together alone for a while, wouldn't that mean nothing shippy would develop even without being interrupted all the time? I think the third wheel is necessary for that matter. But anyway, there would be a lot of awkward silence between the two of them. Hehe.
I agree. As much as Nyasu can be considered as a third wheel for Rocketshipping, I think he's necessarry here. If Nyasu left, it's possible that Musashi and Kojiro would get closer with each other, but at first, they would do nothing but staying silent or just talking about Nyasu, missing him. And they would feel awkward around each other as they don't spend much time alone with each other. Notice how in DP117 Kojiro sat far away from Musashi. It doesn't happen when Nyasu is with them. They act distant to each other, when they're not on a mission. But I don't think it's a bad sign, it's a good one. It means that they really treat their bond differently from the one with Nyasu. Let alone comparing Kojiro's reaction after Nyasu left, to that after Musashi left. The thing is, Musashi and Kojiro seem to treat Nyasu as a natural protection before well... love. They're afraid that they will get too close. Who knows how would numerous awkward scenes between them ended if not for Nyasu. They both need Nyasu to feel safe around each other. It may look silly, but notice how you act around the one you're in love with when you're alone with them and when someone else accompanies you. Totally different, isn't it? In my case it's "Yay, we're good friends, let's go get some fun somewhere" when we're in a group, but when I stay alone with a guy I'm in love with I'm all "Erm... what time is it?".

Even though I'm sometimes angry with Nyasu for spoiling some Rocketshippy moments, but I wouldn't want him to go (let alone that I love this cat). What I love in the Rocketshipping the most is this atmosphere of mystery and subtlety. He helps is staying the way it is. It doesn't need to go anywhere, at least until the end of the series.

I have good news, guys. I've forgiven Ohashi! :D
Gosh, I almost had a heart attack! I thought that something Rocketshippy happened! :p

But anyway, I'm happy for you :-D

Today's episode was so cute. Also, loved the new animator, hope he/she continues next gen and draws more rocket episodes.
*wishes it would be uploaded to YT arleady* From the pictures I've seen so far, this new animator sucks badly... I haven't seen this many errors in a while...

Anyway, there were a few classic cute things I'd like to point out since there will be nothing to discuss until the fall.

Well, you may never know, we may get surprised ;D And I can guarantee that we still will be busy this summer *coughmysigcough*

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom