• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

I'm so glad that you took the time to watch all these episodes, and gave them a chance! Hopefully you will watch it consistently now. Also, it will definitely help when you are writing fanfics.

I've been thinking about how to capture BW rockets in a fanfic, and it is difficult! Especially in concern of rocketshipping.

I'm enjoying them, I look forward to more. Now that I've gotten some sleep Ash's traveling companions don't seem quite as annoying. I think it was watching 11 episodes back-to-back that made Iris' "You're such a child!" and Dent's constant talk of flavors grate on my nerves. I really hope they get some new lines, though. I love design of Iris' character. Her clothes are cute and her hair is neat. And I want to try Dent's potato salad! LOL I've been craving potato salad since watching him make it yesterday. But why the heck is he traveling around in a SUIT?

I love the direction TR is going, watching them infiltrate areas and the scene where they burst out of that semi with jet packs was awesome. They seem even more in tune with one another now that they aren't arguing all the time. It will be great fic material once the season progresses a bit.

Last edited:
I've already written a few BW Rocketshipping fics, so it's not impossible to do. But once you realize they're still the same people and haven't really changed at all it becomes much simpler IMO.

I'm confused what this argument is about, honestly. There are no "old" Rockets and "new" Rockets. They're just the Rockets. The same characters you guys have known and loved for the past 13 years. No, Kojiro wont be getting a Pokemon, let alone a goofy one anytime soon. Yes, they get a bit less screentime, but they make up for it by actually having a plot now. And yes, they don't act goofy all the time now, but it's still in there. Remember the Hoso? The thing they referenced three times in DP? It's really just that again.

Could all that have been subtle foreshadowing? I don't know, but I do know that those sides of the characters are very much remembered by the writers and Musashi and Kojiro themselves. They're more complex individuals than even we've been giving them credit for.

So really, we're all on the same team here, we're just looking at things from different perspectives. Just like the Rockets show different sides of themselves. You may not all like this other side of them, but keep in mind their goofy/caring side is still in there, you just need to look a bit harder to find it.

Well, here I am, making my first post here in years.

Regarding the Rockets' newfound "seriousness", I don't think it'll last. If I may speculate wildly for a second: they've been entrusted with important (or at least seemingly important) missions, regained their self-confidence, and recieved respect and praise from their boss. It feels like they're being set up for a fall.

Welcome back Gomez! We've been speculating pretty much the same thing. Since Sakaki is basically using them as bait for the Plasma-Dan, they're really in for a fall when they find out Sakaki doesn't really care about them.

Hopefully they'll realize they should believe in each other for self confidence, not someone else. We can getting shipping and a moral for the kids all in one!

I love the direction TR is going, watching them infiltrate areas and the scene where they burst out of that semi with jet packs was awesome. They seem even more in tune with one another now that they aren't arguing all the time. It will be great fic material once the season progresses a bit.
They aren't arguing at all :D And I agree about BW becoming great fic material. Musashi and Kojiro's characters needed to be refreshed after so many years of not developing at all. It was hard to get creative earlier.

I've already written a few BW Rocketshipping fics, so it's not impossible to do. But once you realize they're still the same people and haven't really changed at all it becomes much simpler IMO.

I'm confused what this argument is about, honestly. There are no "old" Rockets and "new" Rockets. They're just the Rockets. The same characters you guys have known and loved for the past 13 years.
QFT.

Remember the Hoso? The thing they referenced three times in DP? It's really just that again.

Could all that have been subtle foreshadowing?
Yeah, I think so. I can't see why else they'd reference so much an episode that had been aired 6 years earlier.

I don't know, but I do know that those sides of the characters are very much remembered by the writers and Musashi and Kojiro themselves. They're more complex individuals than even we've been giving them credit for.

So really, we're all on the same team here, we're just looking at things from different perspectives. Just like the Rockets show different sides of themselves. You may not all like this other side of them, but keep in mind their goofy/caring side is still in there, you just need to look a bit harder to find it.
QFT again, excellent post, RG :)

Well, here I am, making my first post here in years.
Welcome back! :D

Do you guys ACTUALLY remember me, or are you just being polite? :p

On another note, I kind of like the new motto, what little we see of it.

Do you guys ACTUALLY remember me, or are you just being polite? :p

I actually do remember you.

On another note, I kind of like the new motto, what little we see of it.

Same. I especially love how it doesn't look like they'll reuse the animation for it since it appears so rarely.

On another note, I was curious just how closely Musashi and Kojiro acted to their hoso selves, so I rewatched "Love and the Origin of Youth!" today. They're pretty much spot on. In fact, I could easily believe BW took place right after that if it wasn't for the fact Nyasu was waaaay too goofy.

Aside from seeing a shippy episode again, I highly encourage everyone else to watch and compare it to how they act in BW. You could say they're just going "back to basics" and as we've already discussed, it makes me very excited for possible upcoming shipping scenarios. Just put the two in an actual dangerous situation where one or both could be hurt/killed and BAM; Instant Rocketshipping that will actually mean something.

Welcome back, Gomez! :)

I had an interesting thought today after watching the last DP episode...

We know that Sakaki knows that there's another Dan in Isshu, and that Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu are being used as bait to bring them out of hiding. But, remember that letter that they wrote to Sakaki about helping bring down Ginga Dan and Hunter J? Maybe, just maybe, because of this, Sakaki thinks that based on this, that they can handle the Plasma Dan on their own? Or has some type of plan for them on how to deal with Plasma, without just being used as bait to bring Plasma out? This is all assuming he believes them, though, and really does trust them. It would seem odd of Sakaki to completely change his opinion of them based on one letter, he doesn't seem like someone that trusts easily. Unless he had another source that knew that they were exaggerating, and really is just using them as bait to make them feel important, but the letter alone does go to show their boost in confidence. I wish we had more on what it entailed, now that I think about it.

They might have exaggerated what they did as far as Ginga Dan and J goes, but Sakaki doesn't really have a reason not to believe them. Ginga is gone, J is gone. They must have felt very confident and accomplished in what they have done to tell Sakaki about it, in hoping that they'd get rewarded/promoted/whatever, and so far, they've shown that they can handle it, as long as they keep this attitude up. Even when they were surrounded by the police, knowing they had been found out, whether they knew they were being rescued in a bit or not, they had an air about them that they could handle the situation.

If they did have to deal with Plasma on their own, (perhaps this is the point when the twerps' story and theirs would connect, even if that seems a bit too convenient) do you think that they'd know what to do? It depends on what type of situation they encounter them, too, though. I can't see them losing their cool just because they're scared though. Back in DP, sure, but not now. I could see Nyasu getting a bit uneasy, realizing that they've bitten off more than they can chew so to speak. But as far as Musashi and Kojiro go, even if one of them was worried, with the way they are now, the other would reassure them that everything is fine. It seems like the confidence they have now is feeding off one another, and it would be put to a test if they were truly in danger. Wouldn't this also be the perfect chance for Kojiro to save Musashi like we've been talking about?

In the event that they are just being used as bait though, the longer this goes on, with all of their secretive spy missions and whatnot, feeling important, the harder they're going to fall in the end. Which leads to...dramatic rocketshipping, right? ;D

On another note, I was curious just how closely Musashi and Kojiro acted to their hoso selves, so I rewatched "Love and the Origin of Youth!" today. They're pretty much spot on. In fact, I could easily believe BW took place right after that if it wasn't for the fact Nyasu was waaaay too goofy.

I noticed that myself. I tried to use it as proof to my husband but he's not buying it. He doesn't like the change in TR while I love it, so we've been debating over it for several days now. He wants the "funny rockets" back. We're also on opposite sides where shipping is concerned. Blah!

After the episode DP 117, the trio had manages to conquer the hearts of many new fans. I received many e-mails and fanfics for my website after this episode and thanks to the numerous other dedicated in Team Rocket towards the end of DP. But regrettably, since the beginning of Best Wishes, many fans, among which these new, begin to go away from the TR Trio. I find it very regrettable.

That IS sad, especially for long time fans. Being this successful in TR was the trio's dream and as a fan I'm happy to see their dream realized. I tried to visit your site, btw, and my computer wouldn't let me because it said your site contains malware. You might want to look into it. I got the following message:

The website at rocketfics.free.fr contains elements from the site js-perso.ifrance.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

Last edited:
Welcome back, Gomez! :)
Why, thanks! :)

I had an interesting thought today after watching the last DP episode...

We know that Sakaki knows that there's another Dan in Isshu, and that Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu are being used as bait to bring them out of hiding. But, remember that letter that they wrote to Sakaki about helping bring down Ginga Dan and Hunter J? Maybe, just maybe, because of this, Sakaki thinks that based on this, that they can handle the Plasma Dan on their own? Or has some type of plan for them on how to deal with Plasma, without just being used as bait to bring Plasma out? This is all assuming he believes them, though, and really does trust them. It would seem odd of Sakaki to completely change his opinion of them based on one letter, he doesn't seem like someone that trusts easily. Unless he had another source that knew that they were exaggerating, and really is just using them as bait to make them feel important, but the letter alone does go to show their boost in confidence.
I'd certainly hope that Giovanni isn't that gullible.

Actually, just thought of something. Back in the second or third episode of DP, he had apparently forgotten who they are. Assuming that it wasn't just a one-off gag, maybe he DID take the letter at face value.

If they did have to deal with Plasma on their own, (perhaps this is the point when the twerps' story and theirs would connect, even if that seems a bit too convenient) do you think that they'd know what to do? It depends on what type of situation they encounter them, too, though. I can't see them losing their cool just because they're scared though. Back in DP, sure, but not now.
I can actually see them holding their own against grunts, perhaps even winning depending on numbers. After that, I'd imagine they'd want to contact Giovanni as soon as possible. After that... I'm not sure.

Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu are in Shippou City already. If I understood right, they were looking for the museum. That's where next episode's plot is based in. There's also this:
Bulbapedia said:
There is also a metorite exhibit that will change Deoxys's Forme when examined.
So I wonder if we will get any BW11-like goodness next week. :-D

Speaking about Rockets helping Ash "like in the second movie"... What do you think Team Rocket's role in new movies will be like? Seeing as they are not comic relief anymore, maybe the trio will take place of usual movie antagonists? Or will we see other Team Rocket agents?

Trio's role in movies wasn't that big or important since the third one. I wonder what will the writers do with Rockets if it's not comic relief.

Zoroark movie spoilers ahead!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ekdwjw0443n28#0,2

Mediafire doesn't like list things correctly, so pay attention to the file names so you know the correct order. Now for some notes.

• I love the cute smile we get with the first few pictures. :)
  • They sure do stand close together a lot!
  • The green Pokemon who's name I can't remember is really Zorua. I think they're all blushing because it hit them in the face.
  • Looks like Kojiro got a nice look up Musashi's skirt when they were hanging from the Megayanma flying machine. :naughty:
  • The closed captions blocked this, but I liked the smile Musashi and Kojiro gave each other in picture 49.
  • 52 is probably the last time we'll ever see Musashi that mad at Kojiro. :-D
  • 58. Unnesisary touching ftw!
  • I had to lol that Musashi and Kojiro peddle the little boat and Nyasu just stands on it because he cant do anything.
  • The last Rocket scene before the credits! Eeee. I love this scene so much you have no idea. First we have Kojiro laying on his side in Musashi's direction the whole time (85 is exactly how I pictured them in bed together) and then Nyasu makes this little speech and everyone smiles and says "ii kanji" then the credits role. What a perfect way to end the movie. <3 There were lots of little things where they just felt like one big cute family. You can really feel the late DP/BW foreshadowing.
  • The credits were a bust as you can see, but everything else was awesome so I can't complain. Hope everyone gets to see this soon. It's the best movie we've had since 8!

I tried to visit your site, btw, and my computer wouldn't let me because it said your site contains malware. You might want to look into it. I got the following message:

The website at rocketfics.free.fr contains elements from the site js-perso.ifrance.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

This message is provoked by the popups of the host (ifrance.com) but regrettably I can make nothing against that :eek:hdear:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ekdwjw0443n28#0,2

Mediafire doesn't like list things correctly, so pay attention to the file names so you know the correct order. Now for some notes.

• I love the cute smile we get with the first few pictures. :)
  • They sure do stand close together a lot!
  • The green Pokemon who's name I can't remember is really Zorua. I think they're all blushing because it hit them in the face.
  • Looks like Kojiro got a nice look up Musashi's skirt when they were hanging from the Megayanma flying machine. :naughty:
  • The closed captions blocked this, but I liked the smile Musashi and Kojiro gave each other in picture 49.
  • 52 is probably the last time we'll ever see Musashi that mad at Kojiro. :-D
  • 58. Unnesisary touching ftw!
  • I had to lol that Musashi and Kojiro peddle the little boat and Nyasu just stands on it because he cant do anything.
  • The last Rocket scene before the credits! Eeee. I love this scene so much you have no idea. First we have Kojiro laying on his side in Musashi's direction the whole time (85 is exactly how I pictured them in bed together) and then Nyasu makes this little speech and everyone smiles and says "ii kanji" then the credits role. What a perfect way to end the movie. <3 There were lots of little things where they just felt like one big cute family. You can really feel the late DP/BW foreshadowing.
  • The credits were a bust as you can see, but everything else was awesome so I can't complain. Hope everyone gets to see this soon. It's the best movie we've had since 8!

These images are magnificent. I find the trio which I so like, Kojiro is cute on every pic. I love, I love, I love. :embarass:(And I cannot refrain from feeling nostalgic)

Movie stuff, spoilers etc.
I'm happy that these Rockets are "gone".

Yeah, that's how I felt when watching the movie. XD I did like when Kojiro saved Musashi from falling and especially the final scene was very nice... But otherwise they could've just stayed away from this movie. Sans those two scenes, I didn't enjoy them too much.

I'll be very disappointed if they handle the Rockets like this in BW movies too... They can provide a lot for the plots now in BW, IMO. I'm also interested what they will actually do because in DP movies all they did was being derp, derp and derp. I would love to see a movie version of the BW motto, by the way! But... would that be derp, too? *puzzled*

* Looks like Kojiro got a nice look up Musashi's skirt when they were hanging from the Megayanma flying machine.
Lol, if he only had time to look up ;D

58. Unnesisary touching ftw!
Yay! :D
* The last Rocket scene before the credits! Eeee. I love this scene so much you have no idea. First we have Kojiro laying on his side in Musashi's direction the whole time (85 is exactly how I pictured them in bed together) and then Nyasu makes this little speech and everyone smiles and says "ii kanji" then the credits role. What a perfect way to end the movie. <3 There were lots of little things where they just felt like one big cute family. You can really feel the late DP/BW foreshadowing
My favourite scene of the movie! :crush: Here's translation of the dialogue.
Kojiro: Hey, what would you do if you could see the future?
Nyasu: That would be boring for sure...
Kojiro: Why?
Musashi: It's because we don't know what happens in the future. Isn't being unsure about the future enjoyable?
Nyasu: This is what I was trying to say...
Musashi: He?
(sound of the wind)
Kojiro: Ah... Nice breeze.
Musashi: So keen, isn't it...
Nyasu: Somehow this is...
Musashi: ... very...
All: ... good feeling!

Spoilers (don't know how to put the spoilers tag, sorry ^^; )

I couldn't help thinking how the way Kojiro tied his hair in the beginning looks like the manga :D From the screencaps, my favorite scene is the final, like everyone else here :)

I couldn't help thinking how the way Kojiro tied his hair in the beginning looks like the manga :D From the screencaps, my favorite scene is the final, like everyone else here :)
I hope we see Kojiro having a ponytail in Best Wishes. :) He looks really good that way! Just add a suit and he would look like a real mafia member. Kekeke

Wonder if they will actual compliment each other in BW? I don't remember that happening before... Guess it would've been too blatant with goofy Rockets, but BW rockets could just flirt with each other and it wouldn't be too blatant. Eh, I don't know how to describe it, actually! :p

I was thinking that Kojiro could slip up momentarily if he sees Musashi wearing some sexy dress. Like for some reason they have to get dressed up, and when Kojiro sees her something he was trying to open would just pop out (hee hee) or slip out of hands or something like that. It would only be for a second before he regained his composure, so I don't think that would be OOC, and it'd be one of the biggest hints we've ever had.

I was thinking that Kojiro could slip up momentarily if he sees Musashi wearing some sexy dress. Like for some reason they have to get dressed up, and when Kojiro sees her something he was trying to open would just pop out (hee hee) or slip out of hands or something like that. It would only be for a second before he regained his composure, so I don't think that would be OOC, and it'd be one of the biggest hints we've ever had.
Actually, just a confused look from Kojiro would be enough in BW. Pre-BW he had a confused expression all the time (often thanks to Musashi's craziness), but BW!Kojiro is more focused in things. A very pretty Musashi making Kojiro look confused even for a second would be something big itself. And nope, no poor kid viewers scarred for life either! :D

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom