• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

They still cool, always cool
opera 2013-10-27 23-21-38-11.jpg

Is she holding his arm? I can't find a HQ enough version of the episode to work it out :p Either way their proximity makes me quite happy...

85n3.jpg
jtix.jpg

Hey guys!

I was looking through a Best Wishes "Let's Find Pokémon" book at a Japanese bookstore a couple weeks ago and found this in one of the scenes (a theater). It's not really shippy — just cute. I thought you guys would appreciate it. :) Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.

peKI19B.jpg

Did anyone else notice the brief moment before blasting off when Musashi and Kojiro simultaneously fear-hugged Sonansu? I don't know why, but I just find that so cute!! :p

Hi, so... I haven't been on this forum in about four years considering the fact that my profile says I'm 17, and now I'm 21. Anyway I decided to drop back in because lately I've been going through a Pokemon phase again (well, a bigger one, since I've never really grown out of Pokemon) and aaaall my Rocketshippy feelings came back. So glad to see people are still loving them. I'm looking forward to more touches and hopefully fear hugs in the XY series as well. I just watched the latest episode last night, definitely enjoyed their disguises and the butt bump Jessie gave James when he was trying to get her to be quiet.

Hopefully I'll visit this forum more often now!

Hey everyone! ^__^ It's been awhile since I posted... it's not like I left the fandom (never, lol), I just kinda lost interest in Bulbagarden as a whole... ^^; Hopefully I can regain it!

Hey guys!

I was looking through a Best Wishes "Let's Find Pokémon" book at a Japanese bookstore a couple weeks ago and found this in one of the scenes (a theater). It's not really shippy — just cute. I thought you guys would appreciate it. :) Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.

peKI19B.jpg
Woah! Great find! ^__^ And look, they're in dark uniforms too! They look so cute and they don't give a shit about the hordes of Pokemon around them at all XD And hey, do they have only one drink?
Hi, so... I haven't been on this forum in about four years considering the fact that my profile says I'm 17, and now I'm 21. Anyway I decided to drop back in because lately I've been going through a Pokemon phase again (well, a bigger one, since I've never really grown out of Pokemon) and aaaall my Rocketshippy feelings came back. So glad to see people are still loving them. I'm looking forward to more touches and hopefully fear hugs in the XY series as well. I just watched the latest episode last night, definitely enjoyed their disguises and the butt bump Jessie gave James when he was trying to get her to be quiet.

Hopefully I'll visit this forum more often now!
Welcome back! *waves* Seriously, lately I've noticed that more and more old fans are coming back and this is so heartwarming ;_;

tumblr_mwz06831dO1rtxlbio1_1280.png tumblr_mwz06831dO1rtxlbio2_1280.png
Rocketshipping got wrong! XD

Btw, I have this Team Rocket chat group on Skype, so if anyone wants to talk, add me (username is jessierocketka) on Skype and I'll add you to the chat :D I'm on almost everyday (on invisible though), so I'll be happy to talk <3

Hi guuuuuys! :-D Omgggg I hope the anime rewards this repatriation of shippers with some nice stuff! My biggest worry was that Junki seemed to have disappeared but he's writing the next episode, woohoooo!

And hey, do they have only one drink?
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!! <3
(Why do I feel so overexcited about that?! I must just be general excitement :p )

Jeska, could you just check this is right? So I totally missed everything since DP ended, am I right in thinking that the nice things we got in the years between then and now are these:
- Your discovery in Shudo's blog that Kojiro must love Musashi who's so similar to him (was that it?)
- Kojiro saying on Twitter that Musashi's his eternal partner
- The blatant shipping fanservice drama from episode 7 of the radio

Hi guuuuuys! :-D Omgggg I hope the anime rewards this repatriation of shippers with some nice stuff! My biggest worry was that Junki seemed to have disappeared but he's writing the next episode, woohoooo![/qupte]
Hi Kanji! :D Yeah, I was going to say that the next ep is written by Junki and it makes me even happier knowing it's kinda a Rocket ep? JUST ABOUT TIME. I started to believe that Oohashi was going to write Rocket eps forever. Junki didn't write Rocket eps in BW, but he at least made two non-Rocket eps, more Rocket-centric XD I have a hope for some Rocketshipping, so don't let me down, Junki! :D

Jeska, could you just check this is right? So I totally missed everything since DP ended, am I right in thinking that the nice things we got in the years between then and now are these:
You missed a lot of good things Kanji XD The whole Rocket Radio and Twitter thing was like one big half a year long THE BEST thing ever XD

- Your discovery in Shudo's blog that Kojiro must love Musashi who's so similar to him (was that it?)
I was never 100% sure about that, and I just did a definite research and asked different people's opinion now that I'm in Japan and unfortunately, it's "like" as in "feeling comfortable" with her, not love in romantic meaning. Well, that would be kinda weird if he really stated something so blatant in his blog. I'm sorry I deceived you guys, but I was deceived by someone else myself :(

But since "liking" someone doesn't equal "not loving" that person, I think it's all good xD It's not like he killed Rocketshipping like he did with Pokeshipping. THANKFULLY.

EDIT: A little update.
My Japanese friend said she only picked "like", because she knows the way Shudo writes about Rockets' relationship. Anyway, the sentence is very "unclear", because Japanese "suki" can mean "love" as well as "like", so it's hard to say and you really need to rely on the context and it also depends on the person saying it and your relationship with that person (like, if a friend tell you this it just means they like you and if your boyfriend tells you this, it means they love you, lol). Japanese way of expressing love is just very complicated. To guess the meaning of a small sentence, you need to look at the bigger picture and get other hints. You can't get the meaning of love out of "suki" alone.

So yeah, he meant that he likes her. My teacher said it was "love" only because I didn't tell him the context, just showed him the sentence.

Shudo in his blogs was portraying their friendship as the perfect instance of "coexistence", but he actually never got into assessing if it's just friendship or love arleady. Which makes sense, considering they're both still on the show and Rocketshipping hasn't gotten canon yet. Anyway, in his opinion, they're very close to each other and have a strong bond :) Along with Nyasu of course XD

Gee, sorry for making it sound complicated. But that's Japanese for you.
- Kojiro saying on Twitter that Musashi's his eternal partner
True XD It's even better because it was an answer to someone's question: "Musashi is cute! Didn't you fall in love with her being together all this time?" and he said "That's why she's my eternal partner!". OMG XD

- The blatant shipping fanservice drama from episode 7 of the radio
Yeah, it was just a drama they played, but you can call it shippy, because they were using their English names in it (it was totally done on purpose okay). In the final episode of the Rocket radio, Musashi said it was her favourite drama and Kojiro agreed with her :DDD
Kojiro was referencing to this drama later on Twitter too a few times, but I need to check one more what he said, because idr exactly.

Last edited:
Junki didn't write Rocket eps in BW, but he at least made two non-Rocket eps, more Rocket-centric XD
Like Iris and Dent's last episode :p I had such lols at the high focus on Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu and the like 1 second farewell scene of the main trio!!

It's not like he killed Rocketshipping like he did with Pokeshipping. THANKFULLY.
For all the reasons you just said I think this is the most important thing! He was never going to say that they love each other romantically (because that would be the biggest spoiler ever!) But if he addressed Pokeshipping so openly, what other reason would their possibly be to not dismiss Rocketshipping in the same way?

In the final episode of the Rocket radio, Musashi said it was her favourite drama and Kojiro agreed with her :DDD
Kojiro was referencing to this drama later on Twitter too a few times, but I need to check one more what he said, because idr exactly.
Omggggg really?!?!??!?!?! Musashiiiiiiii! Kojiroooooooo! <3

Hey, guys! It's been too long! I'm happy too that all of us are jumping back on the bandwagon here, now that X/Y has begun! Quick question- are there any English translations of the Rocket Radio drama? I'm so jealous that there are a few of you that understand Japanese, and I feel as though I missed out on so much shippyness!

I don't believe there are full translations for any episodes other than the first one (which I cannot now seem to find anywhere!) Tbh, I haven't even managed to hear any of them bar the dramas for the first one and the 7th :'(

I also had a couple of questions for anyone who was around during BW:
1. In the Musashi CD of the radio show she did some interview sections - was anything interesting said in those?
2. This is random, but when the seiyuus got to choose an episode each to air on TV which ones did they each choose? :p
3. (Nothing to do with shipping but has anyone got any of the cute drawings saved from the radio show? Since the twitter got closed down before I'd even realised there was one I didn't get to see any of them!)

Regarding what Shudo wrote about Kojiro's feelings... perhaps "fond of" would be a suitable translation? It implies like/love, but not necessarily romantic love.

3. (Nothing to do with shipping but has anyone got any of the cute drawings saved from the radio show? Since the twitter got closed down before I'd even realised there was one I didn't get to see any of them!)

I was only able to obtain the Kojiro CD, but there are drawings reprinted inside the booklet that came with the disc. I don't have a working scanner, though... :(

Regarding what Shudo wrote about Kojiro's feelings... perhaps "fond of" would be a suitable translation? It implies like/love, but not necessarily romantic love.
I think that gets the meaning (or at least what I've understood to be correct :p ) across quite well!

I was only able to obtain the Kojiro CD, but there are drawings reprinted inside the booklet that came with the disc.
Oooooh, what sort of drawings were they?

FYI, someone on eBay is currently selling a bunch of Rocketshippy doujinshi (including several by Omayu). The auctions end in 2.5 days. :)

I'll allow the pictures to speak for themselves:

v5sr.jpg

zwpu.jpg

47lc.jpg

x46r.jpg

But just, um, hooray?!

OMG I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Anyone who can provide a .gif of that second hug will score massive brownie points with my inner shipper...)

I saw the screenshots on Filb.de and started yelling in my living room. XD

When was the last fearhug before this?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom