• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ROGUES GALLERY: Bound in Ice (Winner: HERO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ROGUES GALLERY: Bound in Ice (Glitchipedia & -Gray-)

"Fine, then." John disappeared into the air ducts, leaving the button alone.

As promised, the air duct branched about halfway through. John could keep going straight to get to the next armory and the path to Icira's office on the first floor, or turn left to go to the commissary on the second.

John continued straight, keen on finishing what he'd begun as quickly as possible.

John ended up emerging in the next armory. As with the previous one, there was an inexplicable treasure chest.

"Assuming that sound I heard was you entering the armory," Icira said, her uncanny accuracy totally unjustified given the lack of cameras or anything, "you'd better open the chest in there. I'll explain why once you see the trap beyond the next air duct."

"Oh, again with the lampshade hanging?" John crossed the room to the chest, opening it to reveal...

....an odd sort of contraption resembling the Hookshot from The Legend of Zelda. Attached was a note:
You got the GRAPPLING HOOK! This will allow you to cross wide chasms that can't be traversed otherwise. It can only latch onto certain target posts, however.
"Well, there you go," Icira said in a bored sort of tone. "Now, if you go through the next air duct, you'll come to my next trap. However, this trap is different from the others—it won't attack you or threaten you with death in any way, but it will probably boggle your mind. You'll soon see why I have it outside my office."

"That sounds vague, even for you," John responded, examining the grappling hook with curiosity. Eventually he shrugged and disappeared into the next air duct, whistling a tune as he went.

And when he emerged, he quickly found out what Icira meant. Before him was a massive metal staircase that twisted and turned in all sorts of gravity-defying directions, compressed so tightly that the destination could not even be seen.

"Welcome to the M. C. Escher staircase," Icira explained. "This trap is particularly ingenious—it can't be traversed without a pair of magnetic boots. Fortunately for you, there just happens to be a spare pair in the remaining armory. You'll have to backtrack a bit, which, while definitely inconvenient, shouldn't be too difficult with the third floor gauntlet turned off."

"But how does the grappling hook help me?" John inquired, already backing into the air vent once more. He soon popped out into the latest armory he'd been in and began squeezing up the near-vertical air duct incline up to the second floor. "Does this ever annoy you, climbing through all these air vents to get to your office?"

"Don't know," Icira replied. "This is the first time I've ever been in this office. I'd think repeated visits probably would get annoying, but if you're successful in this endeavor, I won't get a chance to find out for sure. Anyway, the grappling hook will get you into the final armory. Don't you just love dungeons that force you to go back and forth?"

"oh, yes," John muttered sarcastically, walking past the Goon barracks and around the various traps he'd disabled, making his way towards the final armory.

Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs back on the first floor, John might have noticed another map plastered on the wall to remind him of the layout.

55355.PNG

If we assume he went straight to the trap leading to the final armory—which was, in fact, a bottomless chasm with appropriately-marked grappling hook targets on either end—it is also safe to assume he was met with minimal resistance. Goons were, truthfully, very stupid, and they weren't exactly known for their communication skills. Thus, if information traveled through the complex at all, it traveled very slowly.

Entering the final armory after the simple trap, John quickly crossed to the chest, opened it and pulled out the anti-gravity boots, and began walking back towards the stairs, across would would now be the disabled trap.

Wow, the first floor is a wreck. Piles of scrap metal from the explosion were everywhere.

Skipping over the gratuitous details, John eventually made it back to the M. C. Escher staircase.

"Well, this should be very easy for you now," Icira said. "Just walk up and down the stairs, and there'll be the door to my office. It's unlocked, so feel free to just waltz right on in."

Of course, what she didn't tell him was that she still had one more trick left up her sleeve....

John materialized a ball of psychic energy and walked down the hall, kicking the door open to reveal...

....seemingly nothing out of the ordinary. For all intents and purposes, it appeared to be an ordinary office, with Icira seated behind the desk. Looking up, Icira gave John a little smile.

"And so it seems," she said, "that you have mastered my fortress. Well done."

But there was something....off about her. Like she wasn't looking at John, but rather....through him.

Which is exactly what the real Icira was wondering if John would notice about the hologram behind her desk. Swiftly and silently, she emerged from her true hiding place behind a false wall in the hallway leading to the office door, armed with a steel frying pan.

I only get one shot at this....

Hoping John wouldn't have time to react, Icira sneaked up behind him, aimed for the back of his head, and swung her makeshift weapon as hard as she could....

John crumpled to the ground, knocked unconscious by the surprise blow...

Or, rather, so it seemed. John, being both no fool and a master of illusions, had materialized a fake version of himself to walk in the door first, and now came into the office, wielding handcuffs and a dual-barrel shotgun.

"Icira," he said, walking up behind her. "That was fun and all, but I'm afraid you're under arrest, courtesy of The Illusion."

Icira just smirked.

"Yeah, I didn't expect that to work," she said. "I guess you're not as stupid as I initially thought. Thank you for this valuable insight. You've won this round....but I'm far from through."

And without another word, Icira's avatar dropped dead.

~ R G ~ R G ~ R G ~

In an underground laboratory in different state entirely, one of Icira's other avatars emerged from its stasis pod. She had been visiting this laboratory for several months now, working on something big. And it was almost complete. Slowly, she approached the giant glass tube in the center of the room, contained within which was her latest cloning experiment.

"Soon," she said. "Soon, my ultimate scheme will come to fruition. And you will make it all possible....my son."

The sheer cliché nature of this whole thing made her unable to contain herself. She began to cackle maniacally.

This marks the end of Bound in Ice. Icira's further schemes will be continued in her next appearance, An Icy Wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom