• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What new "kinds" of Pokemon do you predict?

I like the sponge idea. Maybe one of the few Pokemon without eyes?

I could see them making another attempt at an owl. Burrowing owl perhaps? Ground/Flying. Not a unique combination, but it's not overused.

I think we need a narwhal Pokemon. 8D

I want to see a burning Tree a Fire/Grass Pokemon :)

We don't need an 18th type. The types are balanced as is.

Water has only 2 Weaknesses and every Water Pokemon can learn Ice attack, that means the grass Weakness is gone
and they arent bad in the Offense too

Poison is only effective against Grass and has common Weaknesses

Steel isnt good at the offense either

Dragon have only 2 weeknesses and only steel ressist Dragon attacks

Fighting are effective against 5 Types and are only week against 2 uncommon Types

Fire are extremly weak in the defense especialy since stealth rock

They dont need to introduce new types (even tough I would be happy to see the light type)
They just need to ballance the types that are allready there

It was my impression steel was meant to be a defensive type and it was the secondary type that would be utilized as the attacking type. Think Bronzong. A pain to take down do to abilities and typing. Steel makes them tanks and psychic makes them killers.

Yeah, Steel's a defensive type. Think about Lucario.

Lucario is a sweeper. The Steel type gives him so many resistances, making him hard to take down.

Without the Steel type, Lucario would just be another mediocre Fighting type.

OH WAIT NO, A CTHULHU POKEMON.

-spasm-

A sponge would be cool, though I'd prefer to see something based off of oceanic vents (Or whatever they're called) that release heat from the plates of Earth's crust. Something fire/water.

You reminded me of the tube worms, the undersea creatures that live next to and inside these oceanic vents. Basically, I've considered these to be good candidates for a Fire/Water type if they ever decide to use a living creature for the design.

Or anything steam-based would work, too. That's what most people think of when they mix water and heat. There's also the idea I like of a lava fish that can live in both searing magma and cool water, much like a real world example of a salt water and fresh water fish.

Water has only 2 Weaknesses and every Water Pokemon can learn Ice attack, that means the grass Weakness is gone

Um, Magikarp can't learn an ice move....Well...it can't learn a water move either (I think)

We don't need an 18th type. The types are balanced as is.

Not that its totally true, but we don't need anymore types, I can't see anymore coming.

They dont need to introduce new types (even tough I would be happy to see the light type)
They just need to ballance the types that are allready there

Agreed

New pokemon ideas I have:

Water Spider (Do we even have a spider pokemon yet that looks similar to a spider?)
Centipede like pokemon - Bug/Poison
Water Snake
Fungus - think this was mentioned, I like the idea, closest we had is paras/parasect, but not 100% the same. This could be Grass/Poison

wonder if another Ground/Poison will appear? All we have is nidoqueen/nidoking for that combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyro143
Aren't LATIOS and LATIAS Pokemons based on JEt fighters??

Vaguely, but they're too bird-like to count as an actual fighter jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinx3000
What about Garchomp? Its based like a Jet plane too?

Too reptilian.

So unless its transformer like, it won't count to you as being based of a Jet? (I doubt we will see something based very much of something like that without having something that makes it look or act or both like something like a jet or car etc... but it will also resemble an animal/creature some way too. Even rotom formes don't look 100% like what the forme takes, but close enough for you to tell.

Last edited:

Except Fighting that super effects five types and only has two weaknesses.

Because Water, with only two weaknesses, 5 resists, and SE against 3 types, with usually high HP, Defense, and Sp. Defense stats, isn't broken at ALL. *eyeroll* If by some 1 in 2938743928653452345428765o45287458768427985478 chance we GET a new type, make it one that resists and is super effective against water.

New pokemon ideas I have:

Water Spider (Do we even have a spider pokemon yet that looks similar to a spider?)
Centipede like pokemon - Bug/Poison
Water Snake
Fungus - think this was mentioned, I like the idea, closest we had is paras/parasect, but not 100% the same. This could be Grass/Poison

Water Spider: Surskit (or for generic spiders that look like spiders, Spinerak and Ariados).

But I agree on the fungus. We need more 'shrooms in our pokemon!

Some poison-dragon

Some grass-electric serpent would be cool

Bug legendary (king of the forest)

A huge ant pokemon (bug/ground)

Flying/poison beast

Dark is going for a leap!

Kanghaskan family will be enlarged hopefully farfetched's will be too

Sudowoodo will see itself given an evolution (via trade)

The only change to the type chart I would like is Poison being super-effective against Water.

But I agree on the fungus. We need more 'shrooms in our pokemon!

I read that a particular specimen of honey fungus in Oregon, due to connected mycelium, is the largest single organism on Earth, covering about 4 square miles of ground. It'd make an interesting legendary, that's for sure. Maybe with an underground and above-ground form.

Illumise and Volbeat should evolve into an Electric/Bug.

The only change to the type chart I would like is Poison being super-effective against Water.

Definitly not, super effective against, bug, like in the first generation. Like pesticide!

Because Water, with only two weaknesses, 5 resists, and SE against 3 types, with usually high HP, Defense, and Sp. Defense stats, isn't broken at ALL. *eyeroll* If by some 1 in 2938743928653452345428765o45287458768427985478 chance we GET a new type, make it one that resists and is super effective against water.

That's one of my arguments for a Light type - evaporation!

Definitly not, super effective against, bug, like in the first generation. Like pesticide!

Bug doesn't need any more weaknesses, and so many Bug-types are also Poison that it would be somewhat pointless.

We need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more ghost and dragon types

There won't be any light types we have enough types. We do need more ghosts but I don't know about dragons as they are mythical creatures which means their rare.

We need more Dragon ones for a fact! We need less water types and way more fire types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom