• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumored Pokemon and Prediction Thread

Surely it was Tajiri-san who snuck it in?

Nope. Morimoto-san is the guy you have to thank for Mew. He designed her himself and programmed her in. He was one of the people designing the Gen I monsters and programming the games, so he was in the perfect posistion to do it. Granted, the rest of GF knew about the secret, but I don't think Nintendo did.

Mew wasn't even supposed to be released, she was just a joke character. The only reason they started giving her away at events was because certain people had found her through glitches and word spread that there was a secret Pokemon. It's what made the games sell so well.

Photoshop is not proof of fakery. Photoshop is an art tool. It is not created solely to troll video game fans on the internet. It's "Photoshop", as in used commonly to manipulate images. It is not "Fakeshop - Your number 1 forgery software worldwide!"

Why was photoshop used on the image at all? Especially to the degree that the picture shows? For official art I think that sounds a bit sketchy.

It's weird how Mew could be the joke character, because Mewtwo fits that role perfectly. It's a clone of Mew, and it even has Mew's name as part of its own to prove it (Mewtwo).

I find it weird that GameFreak could place Mew after Mewtwo in the Pokedex listing, because surely Mew should've inspired and created (literally) Mewtwo.

Why was photoshop used on the image at all? Especially to the degree that the picture shows? For official art I think that sounds a bit sketchy.

"Professional artists never use photoshop" is a really stupid concept that somehow proliferated on the internet through means I can't begin to understand.

It's weird how Mew could be the joke character, because Mewtwo fits that role perfectly. It's a clone of Mew, and it even has Mew's name as part of its own to prove it (Mewtwo).

I find it weird that GameFreak could place Mew after Mewtwo in the Pokedex listing, because surely Mew should've inspired and created (literally) Mewtwo.

The way I see it, Mew was created but wasn't going to be put into the games. They had limited space so they could only put in their favorites. They put in Mewtwo but not Mew probably because they liked it more.

"Professional artists never use photoshop."

Run some of Sugimori-san's art through that site. It looks different, where the outlines are the only thing that's really bright like that.

Bah, double posted on accident. How do you merge posts?

The way I see it, Mew was created but wasn't going to be put into the games. They had limited space so they could only put in their favorites. They put in Mewtwo but not Mew probably because they liked it more.

Yeah, I can see why they would like Mewtwo's design over Mew, but how would they explain Mewtwo's name and backstory without the inclusion of the original?

^^I just copy the 2nd post to the first post and then delete the second one.

Run some of Sugimori-san's art through that site. It looks different, where the outlines are the only thing that's really bright like that.

Bah, double posted on accident. How do you merge posts?

. . . do you have any images of Suigmori's art that are photographs of the art itself instead of direct scans or digital images.

Yeah, pictures from Pokemon Sunday and the like. People were running all sorts of things through it to see what would happen.

Yeah, pictures from Pokemon Sunday and the like. People were running all sorts of things through it to see what would happen.

Is there no difference in the image quality from a personal camera and a live-action television camera?

Another thing - why would the art of Miju and Tsu's first evos perfectly match that concept art from the anime, while the three starters all had different poses in it?

Yeah, I can see why they would like Mewtwo's design over Mew, but how would they explain Mewtwo's name and backstory without the inclusion of the original?

^^I just copy the 2nd post to the first post and then delete the second one.

That's the thing: Mew was supposed to be alluded in the game's backstory, just not making a physical appearance, just like we know Red has a father even if he doesn't apepar at all. "Mew's last minute inclusion" deals with it being catchable (and having proper sprites, stats and movesets) not that it didn't exist at all before the last minute inclusion.

On-topic, the Bulbanews article says the Pokémon might be real because "there is evidence", but it fails hardly as it doesn0t say what are those evidences. And no, appearing in every site and their webmasters "believing" it's real is not an evidence at all. So I'm holding my breath. Anyways, I loved Tsutarja's evo and liked Mijumaru's, but hell, Pokabu's evolution... I don't want yet another Fire/Fighting .

EDIT:

Another thing - why would the art of Miju and Tsu's first evos perfectly match that concept art from the anime, while the three starters all had different poses in it?

While I still don't believe in those images, here's your simple explanation: some anime artworks are recolorings of Sugimori's artworks (May, Oak's BW artwork, Pikachu...) while others are anime-original (Dento, Dawn), therefore some Pokémon's anime stock art will resemble original Sugimori artwork while others won't.

Kibago and Koromori's sugimori art also matches the anime's spreadsheet art. Obviously the animators had a better grasp of the starters than the other Pokemon.

Dman, I'm not even sure what you're trying to say.

I'm not sure what you mean.

It seems like you don't even know what WPM (aka Pokebeach) said in his news on the starter evolutions. I'd say read it (specifically the second paragraph), and then come back and read my post.

Edit: About the art of the evolutions, we don't even know if an official person drew them or are that they'll be the ones exactly revealed as is when the time comes. Now that doesn't scream fake if only because I compare it to a really good artist drawing a quick sketch of Victini from the Movie it kind of showed up, and then drawing it in Sugimori. Sure the picture is fake but that doesn't mean the Pokemon itself is fake. So in other words, the art images might just be fan mock ups of the actual sprites they may have seen. I wish it being photoshopped was proof, but drawing Bulbasaur in photoshop doesn't automatically make Bulbasaur fake.

Last edited:

Torchic beta art outlines the picture, and isn't as dark as the above pictures.
Not to be picky, but guys? Quit calling this stuff beta art. It's called concept art.

What if the smilie face is only part of the coverup? What if the outfit is a coverup too?

What if the whole Pokemon is eyebrows?

What if they finally put Tajiri-san into the game as a playable Pokemon?!

I'm not sure what you mean.

It seems like you don't even know what WPM (aka Pokebeach) said in his news on the starter evolutions. I'd say read it (specifically the second paragraph), and then come back and read my post.
What I mean is, you started to say something relevant, and then went off on a tangent about WPM. All I original said is that Masuda is going to be on Pokemon Sunday. I wasn't talking about what he was going to reveal, if anything.

What I mean is, you started to say something relevant, and then went off on a tangent about WPM. All I original said is that Masuda is going to be on Pokemon Sunday. I wasn't talking about what he was going to reveal, if anything.

My third paragraph had nothing to do with Pokemon Sunday, it's just that WPM implies that eyebrows are going to be a big part of Mr. Smiley Face. And I'm saying a lack of said eyebrows would not be confirmation of the starter's evolutions, but obvious eyebrows would sort of make the starter evolutions more on the confirmed side because of what he said about the starter evolutions and who he talked to, and blah, blah, blah.

I just don't want WPM, to flip and say something contrary to what he was implying, it would make me upset since like I said there are more Pokemon without eyebrows than there is Pokemon with eyebrows, so a lack of eyebrows isn't proof.

I know what you said about Masuda, but I was clarifying (he won't be on today, unless I'm wrong there) and adding to it. Why would Masuda reveal Mr. Smiley Face, when there's probably an even greater chance it will be revealed on Pokemon Sunday today since unless I misremembered its going to revolve around Pokemon Musicals (the B/W information stuff anyway) and that's where Mr. Smiley Face is seen in. Pokemon Musicals.

So to reiterate my point, the identity of Mr. Smiley Face may or may not give credence to the starter evolutions, going by what WPM said.

Heres another thing to think about. If something about the starters is announced tonight or the week after, they will most likely show some silhouettes on PS, and if that turns out to be true, recalling past events we could know for sure what the actual evos are beforehand. Of course, this is all under the assumption that the leaked drawings are fake, otherwise we could tell just by looking at the silhouettes :]

Worst case scenario, we wont find out until the 18th. 12 days sure feels like forever :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom