• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'll need the patience of a meditite for that

Tell me about it. I hope the games won't come out much later in Europe that in N. America.

Anyway, on topic. It's kinda refreshing to see so many bug Pokémon. They've been kinda neglected.

Well, Tajiri's initial vision was about bug collecting. So it really is a "back to the roots" sort of deal.

I'm thinking he's so thrilled to think that his dream of having a pokemon-world has developed so nicely.. to think that all of this started that long ago and bloomed so nicely.. all of these kids and adults alike enjoying and loving what he envisioned. I don't think he minds all the new pokemon,since he started it all off anyways

I'm thinking he's so thrilled to think that his dream of having a pokemon-world has developed so nicely.. to think that all of this started that long ago and bloomed so nicely.. all of these kids and adults alike enjoying and loving what he envisioned. I don't think he minds all the new pokemon,since he started it all off anyways

That's what I think too. Must be great to see that something you thought of is being so well-accepted (to say the least). Interesting, such a simple idea becoming such a big part of our culture, having so much impact on us.

Tajiri's a genius.

That's what I think too. Must be great to see that something you thought of is being so well-accepted (to say the least). Interesting, such a simple idea becoming such a big part of our culture, having so much impact on us.

Tajiri's a genius.

For me it hits me a bit in a sweeter spot. Since I,like him, have asphergers and also make up monsters. But unlike him my works aren't going to be adored the world over

Ahem,anyways.. so we're down to only a few more pokemon? Kinda makes me sad >:

I am surprised. I have been offline 8 hours and the only thing updated from Pokexperto was the new silhouette. It seems Melkor is slowing down his pace a bit.

It looks like a Baltoy-esque spinning top. Any guesses on the type combination?

Speaking of Tajiri, he's really not involved these days, is he?

Tajiri hasn't been a direct part of the game production since Gen II. It's still good of Game Freak to take a nod to his bug collecting days and properly give the type a lot more this generation.

Man I can tell you right now. Breeding is going to be pain before you have the National Dex.

Unless breeding mechanics change, or there's a ditto like Pokemon this generation. We'll have to more than likely have to wait until we can use the Pokeshifter (or maybe dream world if what I heard was true) in order to breed freely.

Here's B. Dragon's overall type-list for this Gen based off what Melkor has said.

Number in parentheses is amount of pure-type
Grass - 20 (10)
Bug - 19 (3)
*Water - 17 (8)
*Dark - 16 (6)
Normal - 16 (9)
Psychic - 16 (10)
*Fire - 15 (6)
Flying - 15 (1)
Fighting - 14 (5)
Steel - 12 (3)
Ground - 11 (1)
*Electric - 11 (5)
Rock - 10 (3)
*Dragon - 10 (3 or 4)
*Ghost - 9 (2)
*Ice - 7 (6)
*Poison - 7 (2)

The types with the asterix next to them means that we know all the Pokemon belonging to that type, as Melkor has mentioned how many Pokemon some of the types have. Thus, the remaining 2 must belong to one of the un-asterixed types. I'm hoping it's Rock or Ground myself, anything but Grass or Bug.

A pretty nice balance, I'd say. Every type got at least 5 for once.

Unless breeding mechanics change, or there's a ditto like Pokemon this generation
Yeah, I was wondering if any of the new ones could possibly be sex-slaves...but I can't think of any we know who would fit that bill. Except Buffalon. Chicks and dudes dig the afro.

You beat me to it.

That's rather odd. Why aliens?

Melkor just updated but the link doesn't work. Could someone post the pic

Last edited:
The truth is out there. :0

Anyway, alien Pokemon are cool, but I'm kind of disappointed the first-form sounds like it's just a generic Grey (well, green) as opposed to a specific alien. Hope the final form rectifies this...I'm still hoping for Flatwoods Monster!

Seems like pure Psychic was given a lot of Pokemon this generation. The rest comes from legends like Victini and the Normal/Psychic Pokemon and that egyptian mask and Koromori to fill 'em out. Seems like they could've done so much more. (Electric/Psychic? Psychic/Dark? Psychic/Dragon?)

GOing by that List from b.Dragon the 2 remaining ones are Ghost types.
No, that list states we already know there are nine and that's it.

Desukan and pre-evolution, 2 Ghost/Water, 3 Ghost/Fire, and 2 Ground/Ghost.

There are certainly a lot of pure Psychic-types this gen, not too much on dual-type Psychic.
I'm relieved that this is a 2-stage line instead of the 3-stage lines for Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom