• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Y'all do know that the starters are public knowledge now and don't need to be discussed here anymore, right? ;)

Please discuss them in one of these:
Starter discussion/speculation
Trailers and News Discussion (Oct 27th trailers added)
Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Here's some stuff from the credible leaks we still don't know:

Chinese Leak:
- Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear. (we know there's a league being build, but nothing so far about us building it or who the Elite 4 will be).
- Mashadow is a mythical Pokémon who has a very unique typing.

4chan Leak:
-
Pokémon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats.
- S.S. Anne appears in the game.
- Looker ,Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances.

The Riddler Leaks:
- N5: The Strange Souvenir is one of the Tapu. (so far none of the Tapu look like it, not even with their shell closed)
- N7: Salandit's evo will be like one of four pictures shown (Kitsune, Cleopatra, Medusa, Siren). (we've seen the evo in the datamine, but it isn't obvious how it resembles one of these yet)
- N8: A fire (shows up between the Toucan and Tapu Koko in the Pokémon chart).
- N9: A cross with the word 'banned' in it (shows up between the UB's and Magearna in the Pokémon chart).
- N10: Marshadow surrounded by stars which form the sign for Z-moves.
- A picture of Anabel, the brain of the Battle Tower in Emerald.
- A cipher code about chronology: ! [Zelda25],288
I think the Riddler said that the N8, N9 are scrapped ... from today's post.
Though I'm not absolutely sure if that's what he meant.

But previously, he had been saying that some things might have been scrapped.

In a recent interview Ohmori and Masuda said that, for SM, everything they wanted to include in the game, was included. So they didn´t leave out anything that they wanted in the game.

Although that doesn't necessarily mean that they could have had an idea and dropped it because they changed their minds or decided that it wouldn't work (which basically every creative process goes through to some extent). I mean, we already sort of know that it did with regard to the trucks that we saw in the concept art:

> Game Informer: Some of the first trailers for the game shows concept art of vehicles. Are vehicles going to be an important part of the game? Are we going to see more vehicles in Pokémon Sun and Moon?

> Shigeru Ohmori: This goes back to the conceptual stages. We really wanted to kind of re-examine or put the focus again on the relationship between humans and Pokémon and come up with a lot of different ideas about how they might interact with each other and the world. How they might, for example, work together or live together. So a lot of conceptual art pieces in the beginning stages showed maybe humans would be using vehicles and the Pokémon would be riding in them. As development went on, we kind of settled in terms of getting around in the game using the Pokémon ride feature, where you can ride on a variety of different Pokémon, so the focus really isn’t specifically on a lot of more vehicles then you would see in the past. I mean, there are some vehicles in the game that do appear.

They started off with one idea, but then it shifted into something else that was more practical. Obviously there are still some trucks hanging around in the games, but it sounds as though they no longer serve the function that they were initially conceived of as serving.

Yeah,the riddler was partly real,but I think he isn't perfect,and his flaws are starting to crack his secret open.

I know, but Poketrucks were just an idea from the very early conceptual stages. And that feature was not dropped, according to them, but replaced with PokeRide. It´s one thing to scrap an idea, its a differen thing to shape the initial idea into something better.

My point was that Game Freak didn´t scrap any content for this game, according to Masuda and Ohmori. Every feature that they wanted in the game, was included, and nothing was left out due to time constraints or whatever.

And the Riddler saying that the Secret of the Starters was scrapped sounds suspicious. He would´ve known it earlier, if it was the case, and he would´ve warned us earlier. Him saying this just NOW (October) makes no sense. If Game Freak had trully scrapped the Starter Secret, they would have scrapped it earlier (May,June, etc), not one month before release.

I think he is just making excuses to cover himself up. Just my opinion.
I agree very good points!

Seems theres a Japanese 4chan leak.Anyone translate? /vp/ - こんにちは、私は日本人だ、だから私はあなたの質問を読み取ることができない場合があります。申し訳ありま - Pokémon - 4chan

Seems theres a Japanese 4chan leak.Anyone translate? /vp/ - こんにちは、私は日本人だ、だから私はあなたの質問を読み取ることができない場合があります。申し訳ありま - Pokémon - 4chan
Supposedly it says something about lillie and gladion being siblings but idk if i buy thats part of the translation.

I put it in google translate and got this. I will try to break down into english since google translate is a bit wonky.
Hello, I'm Japanese, so I may not be able to read your question. Sorry, just I will give you to handle the information Lilly and Gladio are siblings. Mother is Lusamine. There father is colorless.
Junaipā has a hidden ability land changer. It is flying move, the immunity to the ground of movement, and use, it is the movement of the ground, when if you want to use the immunity to electrical movement. Some of the movement in order to emphasize the leaf blade, ground forces, energy balls, fly, earthquake, shadow ball, shadow strike, and air slash.
Gaogaen has a hidden ability dirty muscle. This will be the movement of the Fighting type to the movement of the evil type. Good move flare drive get it, eruption, patience, counter, Knock Off, is bark out, Infight and Wave of bomb,.
Ashirēnu is, the radio Rage ability hidden make that sound-based motion makes 1.5X the movement of the damage.Notable, have acquired sound wave explosion, boiling water, Moon Force, Psycho shock, freeze-dried, Bell , shouting war, heal insect noise, destruction of the song.
Advance secret in order to fully evolve them, it is that they should reach a limit in the reflation poke. that's all. So I looked at the 4chan thread and it seems this is what it means. Lillie and Gladion are siblings. Father is Colress. Mother is Lusamine. Decidueye has a hidden ability called "Land Changer" If it uses a flying move,its immune to ground for that turn,and if it uses a ground move,its immune to flying. Learns Leaf Blade,I think earth power,energy ball,fly,earth quake,shadow ball,shadow sneak,and air slash. Incineroar has the hidden ability "Dirty Muscle" Makes its fighting moves dark type. Gets Flare Bliyz,Eruption,Bide,Counter,Knock Off,Snarl,Close Combat and the arguably most fake sounding thing in this leak. It gets Aura Sphere. Wut. Primarina gets "Radio Rage". Makes Soundbased moves do 1.5x damage. Boom Burst,Scald,Moon Blast,Psyshock,Freeze dry,splits bell and heal so I think heal bell,Noble Roar,Perish Song,and another nope move,Bug Buzz. Finally,it says starters secret is that to fully evolve you need refresh maxed out. This is just using from translation plus 4chan chat help,so may not be accurate.
Yeah this thing is fake af. Also theres a new 4chan leak./vp/ - Hello! Ask question,and I will give answer. - Pokémon - 4chan

Last edited:
I have played most of the zeldas and recently just beat skyward sword (saying a lot for me since I get lazy and tend to restart games), but if it's the one about the big mouth pokemon it's referring to the sealed grounds monster. That monster is like a fifteen foot tall gaping mouth thing. Eventually it grows arms but to start with its just a giant gaping mouth and somewhat spiked with scales. Now I will not look at the pics, but I have seen the ub beasts, and I think that maybe the one that has the giant mouth over it's stomach could be what this is referring to.

If I am thinking of the same Ultra Beast as you (crab-like one with the giant mouth) then I actually thought it was more like Scaldera from SS rather than The Imprisoned, you know aside from the colours :/

Not to say I believe rumours from 4chan are real, but I *could* believe Lillie and Gladion being siblings. I actually wonder if Guzma is in that family tree too, along with Lusamine.

For a more clear translation. And now in normal words.
Hello, I'm Japanese, so I may not be able to read your questions.

Sorry, I will just give you the information that Lillie and Gladion are siblings. Lusamine is their mother. Their father is Colress.

Decidueye has the hidden ability Land Changer. If it uses a Flying move, it becomes immune to Ground moves, and if it uses a Ground move, it becomes immune to Electric moves. It learns Leaf Blade, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Fly, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Shadow Strike, and Air Slash.

Incineroar has the hidden ability Dirty Muscle. It treats Fighting moves as Dark moves. It learns Flame Charge, Eruption, Patience(don't know what move that's supposed to be, Detect?), Counter, Knock Off, Roar(?), Beat Up, and Mud Bomb(?).

Primarina has the hidden ability Radio Rage. It makes sound moves 1.5X as powerful. It learns Boomburst, Scald, Moonblast, Psyshock, Freeze-Dry, Heal Bell, Uproar (or Hyper Voice), Heal Insect Noise(no clue what that's supposed to be), and Perish Song.

Their secret is that to fully evolve them, they must max affection in Reflation Poke(whatever the Pokemon Amie equivalent in this game).

Last edited:
Hello, I'm Japanese, so I may not be able to read your questions. Sorry, I will just give you the information that Lillie and Gladion are siblings. Lusamine is their mother. Their father is Colress.
Now that's what you call a twist

Their secret is that to fully evolve them, they must max affection in Reflation Poke(whatever the Pokemon Amie equivalent in this game).
What wha???? Guess I'll have to practice in Pokemon-Amie for Pokemon Refresh

Now that's what you call a twist

What wha???? Guess I'll have to practice in Pokemon-Amie for Pokemon Refresh
Remember its probaly fake. The new english one just said Wimpod is Bug/Dragon. Sounds to edgy to be real imo. Also they said Floatzel is the replacement for dive. I feel like Wailord would make more sense.

It's probably the case since all the bios for the second stage starters talk about bonding with their trainer in order to get stronger. I could actually be nice to get you to interact with your pokemon more.
Yeah but I mean that leak as in the abilities and relation between familly

Back
Top Bottom