• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
That concept art is way too busy compared to what we've actually seen from Game Freak, also the fact Ash is in one seems odd...

Shame because I like all of those. Fuck, give me another Fire/Fighting if it's a good design.

That concept art is way too busy compared to what we've actually seen from Game Freak, also the fact Ash is in one seems odd...

Since Ash is in there and if it's real, that'd mean it's anime concept artwork.

Which is a good time to bring up something. Axew, Woobat, Servine, and Dewott were first leaked via anime concept artwork, sometime in the beginning of July while the starters were revealed in May. In this case, it'd be a month later instead, but with the final evolutions.

I really don't like any of them except Rowlett, which is frustrating to me because it's my least favorite of the first stage starters and I was planning on picking Popplio and Litten first. I hope that these aren't legit, although they feel very unexpected for fanmade evolutions (and have a lot more thought put into how they move and behave than fan creations tend to) so I'm honestly a bit worried. I'll warm up to them if they turn out to be legit, but MAN do I hope that doesn't end up being the case.

EDIT: You know, looking at Popplio again, I just don't see it evolving into that type of design; I feel like the whiskers will probably factor into the final design in some way (I know that didn't happen super obviously with Froakies' bubbles, but usually when Gamefreak makes a starter design that they want to be interpreted more femininely, they start that off from stage one, and Popplio is kind of goofier and more gender neutral looking than I'd expect them to turn into a mermaid. I could definitely be wrong, but that one feels like the weak link in these starter designs... also, as a side note, the complete lack of anatomy in the Litten evo's hands really REALLY bothers me.

I'm going to go and say that these are fake. I just feel that these designs just "leaked" way to early and try to get more credibilty by making them look like anime concept art. I know we had the concept art for Best Wishes leak back in gen 5 but it just seems too off for me. I will say that these are pretty good designs though. Rowlet's line looks cool, Litten's looks beast, and Popplio's is unexpected but nice. If I'm wrong and these end up being real I wouldn't complain.

For me it is logic that fire/ground and grass/flying are posibble, fire hits grass, but flying allows it to be immune to ground.
Maybe the starters get dual type moves this time?
- Aqua Combat -water/fighting - physical,
- Forest Daggers or Forest Arrows - grass/flying - special,
- Magma Claw - fire/ground-physical,

Water/fighting maybe its weak to grass/flying but dont forget that water types learn also ice attacks.

The fire/ground (slower then Greninja I think it depends on its second ability) will be the fast one this generation(good against electric, steel, fighting and fire, it even could counter Charizard X and would make sense),
grass/flying after it (it will be faster then Delphox and slower then Serperior and maybe Infernape ) and last water/fighting but it won't be slow but rather between 90-100+Aqua Jet+ amaizing movepool I hope.

Tigers swim and hunt in water Im curious how they will implement that through its secondary ability.

I have enough fire/fighting, its a good typing but not only for starters. We had 3 starters with it its enough.

Last edited:
The tiger is everything I don't want in another Fire starter - looks part Fighting and is bipedal/humanoid. Would someone really go for the most disliked Fire typing in the franchise (for a new starter) in fanart? Idk. Hope it's fake and we get a quadruped tiger final stage.

Still think the owl is neat though. I could see it getting something like Sniper and a signature move based around Grass-type arrows maybe with an increased crit ratio or something. (Maybe I've been playing Fire Emblem too much lately where my archers seem to crit 99% of the time! :p)

The mermaid one seems to give off a Fairy vibe, but who knows since Fairy seems to be hard to predict at times.

Wonder when the artist will claim them or if we'll be left with suspicion until whenever they reveal the second stages :eek: (Oh yeah and the lack of second stage art is suspicious, why only the final ones?)

Could somebody try and translate the blurbs? Usually fakes are proven by the horrible/cut and paste Japanese.

Let us all form a prayer circle and hope that this isn't another Wottergate because that Litten evo sucks big time and is kind of inappropriate with it's literal fire crotch.

ETA: Actually I just realized that if this was video game art it would use one of the protags instead of Ash. Considering that this is clearly in the style of the Sugimori concept art from the last couple gens but is using Ash kind of gives it away.

Last edited:
Could somebody try and translate the blurbs? Usually fakes are proven by the horrible/cut and paste Japanese.

Pokejungle said this

There are no names listed for the Pokémon (just Owl 3, Tiger 3, …) but there are some details about each (including color palette):

Rowlet evolution:
  • Stores arrows in its wings (orange tips), uses the vines from its bow as the string
  • “Hood” closes around its face when it is unhappy
Litten evolution:
  • New attack or fighting style “tiger swing”
  • Fire attacks come from belt
Popplio evolution:
  • Attack seems to be listed but too hard to read

They're all ugly save for Robin Hoot Hood. Tiger 3 is literally just a human with oversized claws, a tail and a cat's head - even Blaziken wasn't as anthropomorphic as that monstrosity..

That aside, would they fit in the gaps in each starter's Pokédex screen?

Last edited:
These remind me of Hawk's Eye, Tiger's Eye, and Fish's Eye in Sailor Moon. D:
latest

I really like the Water one. And it doesn't help that I had a dream about Popplio yesterday /dead

gt6x9aX.jpg

G47KRnX.jpg

T4oFbgZ.jpg

So these (probably fake) final evolutions popped up.

If they're real, then they look nice imo. Popplio would be very surprising.

I'm not sure which I'd like more. xD

Real or fake, these are amazing starter evolutions, probably the best ones I've seen yet. The Rowlet one has a bit of a Robin Hood vibe to it (Robin Hoot?), which is pretty cool since it makes it seem like a forest warrior of sorts.

Not a big fan of the Litten one and it kinda makes the fake-ness a bit justifiable since it appears to be Fire/Fighting (and a bit too similar to Emboar), along with the prescence of Ash Ketchum as opposed to the S/M male protagonist (then again, the female shown next to Ash doesn't resemble the female player either, so why bother to complain). I would have preferred Litten to stay on all fours throughout it's evolution, granted I wouldn't mind having another Fire/Fighting starter, since we did get a break from it in Gen 6 with Delphox, so why bother to complain really.

My favorite one is the Popplio one, it's just so beautiful with it's mermaid-like look, since we have yet to have a Pokemon based on a mermaid, and the only way the franchise usually handles mythical creatures that are human-based by replacing the human aspects with an animal, in this case, a sea lion. The evolution itself is kinda like an aquatic Delphox, I love it, and I would definitely choose Popplio as my starter if this was the real one.

While I still think that it's too early for the real evolutions to be leaked so early (since something I have noticed about all these fake starter evolution leaks is that they're almost always the final stages and never the mid-stages. At least they're FAR better than the last fake starter evolution leaks, like the one with the creepy monster clown Popplio evo.

Since Ash is in there and if it's real, that'd mean it's anime concept artwork.

Which is a good time to bring up something. Axew, Woobat, Servine, and Dewott were first leaked via anime concept artwork, sometime in the beginning of July while the starters were revealed in May. In this case, it'd be a month later instead, but with the final evolutions.

True, this could be anime concept art, but it's also possible that Ash could be there just to give off a general idea, since the girl next to Ash doesn't match up with any known characters in the game either, so anything's possible at this point. I do remember that leak though, and it was interestingly leaked 2-3 months before the infamous "Wottergate" incident that revealed the actual Gen 5 starter evolutions.

I agree with Falconwing, I very much doubt these are real. At least I very much hope they're fake, they look very over the top and too 'human' for my taste. Especially hope that Litten's finale evo looks anything but that :(

Yeah, I will agree that they're far too humanoid as well, but that was also my problem with the Gen 6 starters as well, the final forms of those, especially Delphox and Greninja were way too "anthro" for my tastes. The Litten one is the only one I don't really like, yet at the same time I see it as the most likely thing it would become, even though I think it looks a bit too much like Emboar for my tastes. If this is true, then the last starter final we have ever gotten that wasn't humanoid would be Serperior. I still love the Popplio final here though, and I hope the final one is something very similar.

Last edited:
Just to give my thoughts on them.

Rowlet: I'm expecting Rowlet to become bulky, so this would surprise me tbh. It's nice they continued the archer theme.

Litten: Instead of Fire/Fighting like everyone is suggesting, it could be Fire/Dark. Doesn't seem to be fighting fair based off of the attacks. @Cute Charm It's not a fire crotch btw, it's a fire belt. The belt isn't on its crotch, just a bit above it like how people wear belts. Though Popplio is in a awkward spot.

Popplio: This one is beautiful. Would be completely unexpected. I can see it being Water/Fairy.

I'd probably be tied with Popplio's and Litten's as my favorites, though Rowlet's isn't too bad.

Last edited:
Real or fake, these are amazing starter evolutions, probably the best ones I've seen yet. The Rowlet one has a bit of a Robin Hood vibe to it (Robin Hoot?), which is pretty cool since it makes it seem like a forest warrior of sorts.

Not a big fan of the Litten one and it kinda makes the fake-ness a bit justifiable since it appears to be Fire/Fighting (and a bit too similar to Emboar), along with the prescence of Ash Ketchum as opposed to the S/M male protagonist (then again, the female shown next to Ash doesn't resemble the female player either, so why bother to complain). I would have preferred Litten to stay on all fours throughout it's evolution, granted I wouldn't mind having another Fire/Fighting starter, since we did get a break from it in Gen 6 with Delphox, so why bother to complain really.

My favorite one is the Popplio one, it's just so beautiful with it's mermaid-like look, since we have yet to have a Pokemon based on a mermaid, and the only way the franchise usually handles mythical creatures that are human-based by replacing the human aspects with an animal, in this case, a sea lion. The evolution itself is kinda like an aquatic Delphox, I love it, and I would definitely choose Popplio as my starter if this was the real one.

While I still think that it's too early for the real evolutions to be leaked so early (since something I have noticed about all these fake starter evolution leaks is that they're almost always the final stages and never the mid-stages. At least they're FAR better than the last fake starter evolution leaks, like the one with the creepy monster clown Popplio evo.

True, this could be anime concept art, but it's also possible that Ash could be there just to give off a general idea, since the girl next to Ash doesn't match up with any known characters in the game either, so anything's possible at this point. I do remember that leak though, and it was interestingly leaked 2-3 months before the infamous "Wottergate" incident that revealed the actual Gen 5 starter evolutions.

Yeah, I will agree that they're far too humanoid as well, but that was also my problem with the Gen 6 starters as well, the final forms of those, especially Delphox and Greninja were way too "anthro" for my tastes. The Litten one is the only one I don't really like, yet at the same time I see it as the most likely thing it would become, even though I think it looks a bit too much like Emboar for my tastes. If this is true, then the last starter final we have ever gotten that wasn't humanoid would be Serperior. I still love the Popplio final here though, and I hope the final one is something very similar.
Is it me or is the fire coming out the belt thing of Litten's fake final stage looks kind of wrong?

Is it me or is the fire coming out the belt thing of Litten's fake final stage looks kind of wrong?

Yeah, you're not the only one who thinks that, it's a weird place to shoot fire from, but Pokemon has had stranger ideas.

Also, looking at the evolutions again, as much as I liked the Popplio final here, it's face and body are very similar to that of Mienshao (my favorite Pokemon from Gen 5).. It also has similar hair to Zoroark (the pearls) and Keldeo Resolute forme (the shape of the hair). Yeah, I'm starting to see through these images.

That is one of the more unique fake evolved forms for Popplio I've seen. It looks almost like a mermaid and it could definitely fit as a Water/Fairy starter. Rowlet looks pretty cool and I like the arrow bit there. Litten's fake final form is the only one I dislike since it would make it look like a Fire/Fighting type. Plus, I'd prefer for Litten to stay on four legs as it evolves instead of walking on two legs. It looks like a tough wrestler, which is pretty neat, but unlike the other two, I wouldn't be okay with this final form for Litten.

Honestly. If this is a fake, it's one of the best ones I've seen in years. I actually like all three of them, and I certainly wouldn't mind Litten's final evo (honestly, I have a soft spot for hammy acting, and that litten evo reeks of it).

It certainly is miles above Emboar (nothing against the tepig line, it just is my least favourite starter).

If they are real, then thats awesome and I'm going to have a hard time deciding. If they are fake, then I'll have to tip my hat to the creator because these are excellent.

@Cute Charm It's not a fire crotch btw, it's a fire belt. The belt isn't on its crotch, just a bit above it like how people wear belts. Though Popplio is in a awkward spot.

It's close enough.

Especially considering it wouldn't be a belt and it's a part of its body (going by machoke and machamp). It's literally shooting fire out of its bellybutton like it's some kind of powdered toast man attack.

But like I said, the fact that Ash is there means thathat these can't possibly be real. They're obviously based of the video game concept art and not the anime since they're in Sugimori's style. The only Sugimori anime character designs were specifically for the movies and the Raikou special.

The fact that they don't have any names listed is also a dead give away. Especially considering that they would have trademarked the names long before now.

Back
Top Bottom