• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Since we when? I believe a few trainers may have been older, but 20 years of older trainers is a bit of a stretch.

Well, strictly speaking, they've never been 10. Red was 11 according to the game manual, Brendan/May are said (by BuzzNav) to be 12 when they're the non-player character, and everybody else has been ambiguously youthful.

These two protagonists look to be the youngest by a wide margin, though. I mean, look, they even made Ash look younger in the anime to match up. lol

-Red is 11
-Gold/Krys are presumably at least 11
-Brendan/Mary are 12
-Lucas/Barry are presumably 13 with the NPC rival being presumably a year older
-Hilda/Hilbert/Cheren/Bianca are presumably 15 or 16
-Nate/Rosa/Hugh are presumably 15 or 16 with Cheren/Bianca being 17 or 18 in BW2
-Calem/Serena/Shauna/Trevor/Tierno are presumably 16 with Sina/Dexio presumably being 18.
-Sun/Moon are both likely around 15/16

I'm not sure why the PC's age matters when they're trusted to run around without adult supervision carrying creatures that are basically weapons of mass destruction. XD Obviously people in the pokemon world trust young kids a lot. Asking them to start a league isn't a major stretch.

The age matters because of the misconception of "oh Ash is 10 so every Pokemon trainer is 10." Gold/Krys are really the only one who is likely 10.

Subjective. Where in the promo is this explicitly stated?

Being in a different continuity means it does not necessarily apply to the games. The games never said that Dawn was 12, and we don't know if that was how the original artists envisioned her. So in the games, it's ambiguous.

Subjective. Not canon.

I'm not saying that your estimations are wrong. You're allowed to make whatever guesses you like. But they're not fact. Factually, Red is 11, Brendan and May are 12, Hildabert are 16, and everybody else is ambiguous, as I said.
I guess you don't wanna listen to reason think what you want....this is very off-topic for this thread...anyway also I agree with you terra now on ACTUAL topic I hope Z-forms are a stat buff with an extra gimmick to it besides color based on hair color.

The age matters because of the misconception of "oh Ash is 10 so every Pokemon trainer is 10." Gold/Krys are really the only one who is likely 10.

But it's really not an important matter, is it? XD They're all kids, regardless of their age. If you're 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, or 16- you're still a kid, and in the pokemon world, you are trusted with a ridiculous amount of shit. So on the topic of "Would they be able to sell that responsibility to us?" ...yes, I think compared to everything else they've had us do, a kid building a league falls within the realm of believability. It's pretty on par with "Here, have this pokedex- go out and register as many dangerous creatures as you can."

...Pokemon Professors are a danger to children.

But it's really not an important matter, is it? XD They're all kids, regardless of their age. If you're 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, or 16- you're still a kid, and in the pokemon world, you are trusted with a ridiculous amount of shit. So on the topic of "Would they be able to sell that responsibility to us?" ...yes, I think compared to everything else they've had us do, a kid building a league falls within the realm of believability. It's pretty on par with "Here, have this pokedex- go out and register as many dangerous creatures as you can."

...Pokemon Professors are a danger to children.
Honestly the misconception about the PCs ages is probably the only thing that annoys me just enough when it comes to Pokemon.

I don't mean to be rude but by now we should all have learned that you can't argue with Arceus the Dragon's opinions. So let them say what they like and move on so we don't clutter this thread with discussions that are going nowhere.

If @lavandula/Cresselia is around, I would like to know if there has been any update to what the Riddler meant? I remember last night you said it was very hard to translate. I'm assuming we won't get news today after all.
PS: I'm so sorry that nothing came out.
People are saying that I'm translating it wrong.

Not really. His original sentence did have 2 possible meanings depending on how you splice the sentence.
It turned out I picked the one that isn't what he meant.
It's NOT because my Chinese is bad.
I'm confident on my Chinese.

The Riddler had once told me to improve my Chinese before.
But I personally think it's him that isn't using Chinese properly.
I've asked several person to read his stuff, and they commented how bad Riddler's Chinese seems.
Maybe he could be good at Chinese in real life, but that's definitely not what he's showing.
But also, due to him being the Riddler, he might have chosen confusing Chinese on purpose.

Not really. His original sentence did have 2 possible meanings depending on how you splice the sentence.

I've asked several person to read his stuff, and they commented how bad Riddler's Chinese seems.
Maybe he could be good at Chinese in real life, but that's definitely not what he's showing.
But also, due to him being the Riddler, he might have chosen confusing Chinese on purpose.

Cress.. A translation is better than none! If someone is blaming you because they had some kind of expectations, know you are not to blame! It's like blaming the delivery guy because the pizza chef made a mistake xD Specially when it is a hard pizza to.. understand.

In this case, having someone from HK attempt to translate it instead of Google Translate is heaps better! People take things for granted and are usually ingrates. So I want to at least tell you, that I appreciate your efforts no matter the outcome. I know you don't do it attempting to fool anyone.

Cress.. A translation is better than none! If someone is blaming you because they had some kind of expectations, know you are not to blame! It's like blaming the delivery guy because the pizza chef made a mistake xD Specially when it is a hard pizza to.. understand.

In this case, having someone from HK attempt to translate it instead of Google Translate is heaps better! People take things for granted and are usually ingrates. So I want to at least tell you, that I appreciate your efforts no matter the outcome. I know you don't do it attempting to fool anyone.
Thanks a lot.
I can understand why people are angry. They really want their Ash Greninja Z forms. (Me too!)
I'm not happy about getting no info neither!!

Ha, about time someone figured out the meaning of the letter Z! So you also agree that the Z may stand for Zenith? I'm happy, seeing as I was the first one on Serebii to suggest that the letter Z means "Zenith" actually, but no one actually bothered to see the meaning of my post back then. Yes, the term "Zenith" is often used in the term that something has achieved their full potential and power and resides on the highest level possible. In truth though, the term Zenith actually means this:

As you see, the term Zenith nicely relates to the celestial theme of the Gen 7 games, referring to celestial bodies that sit on the highest point of the sky, potentially even addressing the cosmic substance of Aether, the fifth classical element. Seeing as my original post was about Z-Moves, this idea can also be applied into Z-Forms too.

I just wonder how they will work in comparison to Z-Moves. Do they need a move to trigger the transformation? Is it similar in nature to Ash-Greninja? Do they need to hold a specific Z-Crystal as a hold item before evolving? What do you think it will be?

I actually saw your post back then and meant to respond to it... Sorry I never got around to doing so. xD;

But yeah, ever since then, I've thought the "z" stood for "zenith".

As for the requirements, I'd imagine the Pokemon would need a certain move (Water Shuriken for Greninja, for example) as well as a Z-Crystal to hold onto. They could tie Pokemon Refresh into it if they want to.

No need to be sorry! And honestly, those people shouldn't be blaming you for it. It's better than having no translation.

At least we know it should be October 4th now. And about the Riddler... I'd imagine they did it on purpose, but that's just me.

Thanks a lot.
I can understand why people are angry. They really want their Ash Greninja Z forms. (Me too!)
I'm not happy about getting no info neither!!

At the very least, we still have October 4th news to look forward to. As someone else on this forum has once said (paraphrased a little) "despite the information we have regarding the Sun and Moon games, we still don't know much."

We're all excited about this new region for different reasons, so of course some will get a little too zealous if expectations aren't met.

I'm happy you took the time to translate the rumor and speculate, though. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Something that I just thought of but if Z-forms are going to be dependent on the pokemon having a certain move would that mean that Mega Rayquaza was a test run of Z-forms. I mean when you think about it M-Rayquaza does fit pretty well plus it does fit in the the general testing bed feeling that Gen 6 has started to have since all this information from Gen 7 is being released.

Thank you for the translation, @lavandula!

The Riddler is always tricking us. His comments and images have so many different meanings that it's difficult to know which one is the right one until it is revealed officially.

So there are some possible ways it became like this is:
1. His Chinese was very bad. (hardly)
2. He does this on purpose. (maybe)
3. GF changed the schedule (hardly)
4. We mistranslated it :))

Last edited:
Riddler just posts some things about Cress's apologize. Summarize, he said Cress's thought about two possible ways: his Chinese is bad or he choosing confusing Chinese on purpose is all wrong.

So did he mean October 4th?

There isn't going to be Ash greninja in the games since Ash will release it in the upcoming episodes and Anime is undergoing a reboot. They would want to promote the games but they are dropping it which means he isn't present in the games in any form.

There isn't going to be Ash greninja in the games since Ash will release it in the upcoming episodes and Anime is undergoing a reboot. They would want to promote the games but they are dropping it which means he isn't present in the games in any form.
More of he served his purpose in the anime but is still available in game. Seriously, it'd be a dumb move marketing wise to not put him in the games.

Ash-Greninja will most probably be an event Pokemon. It would fit him perfectly.

Take a look all Riddler's post again and yes, he did mentions 仝 (same/together) before. He said this Chinese word is about a certain Pokemon which he stated not a "normal Pokemon". So maybe not Z-form.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom