• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
No, I remember somebody here running a check on it and it was actually there.

Check the August 11th leak in the first post of this thread. That was posted on 4chan quite a while before the Ultra Beasts were revealed, and it's like the only leak that mentioned them before that first trailer came out.
Still don't buy it 4chan I rather get back on topic.

Hey bud, I know where you come from, even I don't really like change of normal traditions that have been here since ages....but just think....if we are able to create our own gyms and league, we can appoint our own gym leaders and elite 4. We can give them our fav.types and Pokemon. And probably we can fight them out later on to test their mettle. I think that's a neat feature if it is just as customize-friendly as I mentioned.
I do have a massive soft spot for most games with a "level creator" feature to them, so a custom league exactly like you've described would honestly be one change that I'd love. It doesn't even need to be in Sun and Moon at all for me to want this.

Basically, I used to draw up platformer levels with a pencil and a piece of paper when I was younger. This speaks to my inner child.

Hey bud, I know where you come from, even I don't really like change of normal traditions that have been here since ages....but just think....if we are able to create our own gyms and league, we can appoint our own gym leaders and elite 4. We can give them our fav.types and Pokemon. And probably we can fight them out later on to test their mettle. I think that's a neat feature if it is just as customize-friendly as I mentioned.

About legendary pre-evo, welllllll I don't know how I feel about that, I'm neutral. Doesn't matter as long as it's cool.

About "building your own gym" things, if that's real then I still think that GF already programmed and built a team for all trial captains and 4 Kahuna.

The only thing you can do is choose 8 captains to become gym leaders and what city they will live. After that, Kahuna will automatically become E4.

And then, we see gym leaders and Elite Four using 100 legendaries with Life Orbs attached to each of them. See the problem with this? Also, pre-evolution of Solgaleo and Lunala has a 1% chance of happening.

About "building your own gym" things, if that's real then I still think that GF already programmed and built a team for all trial captains and 4 Kahuna.
The only thing you can do is choose 8 captains to become gym leaders and what city they will live. After that, Kahuna will automatically become E4.
Yeah, highly possible. Mainly to avoid the situation where people make elite 4 teams of 6 low level Magikarps :p

And then, we see gym leaders and Elite Four using 100 legendaries with Life Orbs attached to each of them. See the problem with this? Also, pre-evolution of Solgaleo and Lunala has a 1% chance of happening.
Wellllll, it's their game. They can do what they want. The problem will be if their gyms will be available for battle to other players Online. But anyway, I hope it is customizable.

So I decided to check out the starters evolved forms on the websites and something that I noticed was that there seemed to be a trend of being deeply bonding with them, such as helping Dartrix through his narcissistic phase makes him even stronger. Torracat being specifically stated to act like a spoiled child around people that it trusts, such as feeling like it's okay to show his childish side. Then there is Brionne which is stated to only show sadness to a trainer that has opened it's heart completely which much like Torracat shows that it trusts you and feels it's okay to show that side. Honestly with this and the way that they focused on the whole battle bond mechanic for the Demo rather than Z-moves... I know it is circumstantial but I think it may be likely that the starters will be getting battle bond as well. Also something else that has my curiosity is that when I looked at the leaked images of the starters final evolutions I noticed that they all seem to be very humanoid, like really humanoid does that strike anyone else as odd.

And then, we see gym leaders and Elite Four using 100 legendaries with Life Orbs attached to each of them. See the problem with this?
Because the GTS and Wonder Trade haven't already been saturated with impossible requests/com mons.

People will go nuts over a feature in a Pokémon game. It's just an unavoidable part of this franchise.

Because the GTS and Wonder Trade haven't already been saturated with impossible requests/com mons.

People will go nuts a new feature. It's just an unavoidable part of this franchise.
People in GTS are nuts!!! They're asking for an Arceus lv100 for Caterpie lv5 or something!

I hope Sun and Moon brings mechanism where impossible trades can't happen. They just shouldn't let them ask for pokemon that can't be traded!

Some people on the Riddler's post said that Marshadow's stars look like the character 仝 --the one that Riddler has teased before.
Owing to the fact that 仝 is composed of 人 (human) and 工 (made),
some people are guessing that Marshadow is another man made Pokemon.

That would be interesting- I wonder if it would act as a thematic counterpart to Magearna?

...Or maybe that's ruled out because it's already getting it's anime moment in the spotlight with the Volcanion movie. Hmm...

Btw: Riddler has said this: I already said about team Skull before, if you don't like their style then it's okay, a villain of this game actually...

Quoted this again although I think everyone doesn't care about team Skull anymore :)

Just found something on Riddler's thread. I'm not sure if you guys have discussed this but here is what I found.

He used to say some new Pokemon have secret, like Vilkavolt's secret is: "its true identity is *beep*" (I think Vikavolt is Totem Pokemon since Vikavolt can clasp Charjabug to charge), Yungoos line's secret is: "a certain old Pokemon line's *beep* (I think he wants to say about Alolan Rattata since they are like archenemy), and Rockruff's secret and *beep* are the same. <- this makes me feel interesting :)

Last edited by a moderator:
And then, we see gym leaders and Elite Four using 100 legendaries with Life Orbs attached to each of them. See the problem with this?
I very much doubt this, more than likely it'll be a simple fetch quest or have very heavy restrictions to make it like realistic gym leaders and elite four. (For example, only picking from a pool of trainers, or choosing low level pokemon for the first gym with no held items, etc)

So I decided to check out the starters evolved forms on the websites and something that I noticed was that there seemed to be a trend of being deeply bonding with them, such as helping Dartrix through his narcissistic phase makes him even stronger. Torracat being specifically stated to act like a spoiled child around people that it trusts, such as feeling like it's okay to show his childish side. Then there is Brionne which is stated to only show sadness to a trainer that has opened it's heart completely which much like Torracat shows that it trusts you and feels it's okay to show that side. Honestly with this and the way that they focused on the whole battle bond mechanic for the Demo rather than Z-moves... I know it is circumstantial but I think it may be likely that the starters will be getting battle bond as well. Also something else that has my curiosity is that when I looked at the leaked images of the starters final evolutions I noticed that they all seem to be very humanoid, like really humanoid does that strike anyone else as odd.

When I first read the description of them, especially Dartrix, what came up to me first is the PokeRefresh. But yeah, they do have a common "bonding with their trainer" theme, and I doubt that that's not important.

Wellllll, it's their game. They can do what they want. The problem will be if their gyms will be available for battle to other players Online. But anyway, I hope it is customizable.

And even if the custom Leagues are available to other players, nobody's actually forcing you to play them.

So I decided to check out the starters evolved forms on the websites and something that I noticed was that there seemed to be a trend of being deeply bonding with them, such as helping Dartrix through his narcissistic phase makes him even stronger. Torracat being specifically stated to act like a spoiled child around people that it trusts, such as feeling like it's okay to show his childish side. Then there is Brionne which is stated to only show sadness to a trainer that has opened it's heart completely which much like Torracat shows that it trusts you and feels it's okay to show that side.

Interestingly, this seems to hold for both forms of Lycanroc as well:

> Midday Form: "Lycanroc obeys its Trainer’s orders dutifully. In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners."

> Midnight Form: "Contempt rises in this Pokémon for Trainers who give orders it doesn’t agree with or who try to force it to battle. On the other hand, it will feel a deep trust in a Trainer who can truly draw forth its power in battle."

However, Lycanroc clearly does not have the Battle Bond Ability.

Quoted this again although I think everyone doesn't care about team Skull anymore :)

Just found something on Riddler's thread. I'm not sure if you guys have discussed this but here is what I found.

He used to say some new Pokemon have secret, like Vilkavolt's secret is: "its true identity is *beep*" (I think Vikavolt is Totem Pokemon since Vikavolt can clasp Charjabug to charge), Yungoos line's secret is: "a certain old Pokemon line's *beep* (I think he wants to say about Alolan Rattata since they are like archenemy), and Rockruff's secret and *beep* are the same. <- this makes me feel interesting :)
Now that's interesting could he be saying that the Starters and Rockruff share the same secret?

I agree he could be fire/ground, you can see in my signature.
But the reason why I think it is possible is because of a graphic found on the official site shortly after starters were revealed. plus of litten having the sulfur symbol on him, it just makes since. its a heated ground substance that can be poisonous.

beyond the water flying grass and fire there were fighting and ground listed. it has since been removed.

All of this. As such, I can expect a Fire/Ground Heel Wrestler to learn some Poison moves, like Acid/Acid Spray, or Toxic to emphasize the sulfur part more. No matter what people say, there is a alchemy theme going on and sulfur is likely a part of Litten's line. Just because its a Heel Wrestler in the final form doesn't always have to mean Dark-Type by default. Heck, Fighting-type would be more likely, but i already know how much the Fire/Fighting type is hated among the fandom.

More, if you read Torracat's bios, nothing alludes to it being Dark-Type by default. Yes, Dark-Types are underhanded, sneaky, stealthy, they cheat, they are destructive, etc. In comparison, Torracat's bios states it likes to fight, break iron bars and its punches can take down full grown men. Nothing hints to the nature of a standard Dark-type.Torracat also looks to be pretty heavy in design, which fits nicely with Ground-types, for aside Garchomp, most Ground-type Pokémon are heavy by default.

Its possible that Litten3, as such, may be a defensive/offensive oriented mon and doesn't have much speed to use, akin to being a Fire-version of Torterra, whereas Rowlet3's evo is more likely a glass-cannon with its archer-theme.

You make it sound like it is hard to kill something with a Regular Greninja. Just use it to revenge kill something and get you're glorified Moxie boost with a hint of mega, or better yet use the convenient new Z Stones that have been introduced!

True, but be honest. What is more likely viable in the long term? Mega Evolution or a Battle Bond Greninja? Remember, Greninja is a super fast, but frail Pokémon. It doesn't have the defensive stats to take powerful hits and survive (unless it carried a Focus Sash). It would require a user to perfectly time and execute the use of a Battle Bond Greninja, and if you fail, you're done and out. Also it requires a Greninja to faint a enemy Pokémon first before it triggers the ability. Battle Bond Greninja also doesn't gain any new abilities. The least it will gain, is a stat boost, but how much we don't know yet.

Mega Evolution, on the other hand can be done instantly on your turn, and provides a new ability, and a 100 point stat boost at cost of holding a held-item....unless you are using Mega Rayquaza of course. Mega Evolution is way easier to perform and plan out in usage.

Lastly, Protean Greninja is likely way more viable than Battle Bond Greninja. In fact, although I don't play competitive, I expect 85% of the people to prefer a Protean Greninja over a Battle Bond one any day anytime.That said, for those who will play a Battle Bond Greninja, they have likely a limited use in how to use said variant and as such, before you know it, there will be counters to this variant for sure.

But who knows...maybe I'm wrong, but at the moment I can't really see a effective use for a Battle Bond Greninja, especially if its exclusive to Greninja alone.

Now that's interesting could he be saying that the Starters and Rockruff share the same secret?

Looks like it. Explains why the Starters were featured in the same page as Rockruff being mentioned having a secret. If true...just goes to see how much Japanese language is loved with their thousands of interpretations :LOL::rolleyes::D:p:ROFLMAO:!

"No, its a mistranslation you fools! Its not shared!" ----> before the shared secret happens to be the truth afterall. Oh boy, now that is going to be a hillarious situation indeed!

Last edited:
That would be interesting- I wonder if it would act as a thematic counterpart to Magearna?

...Or maybe that's ruled out because it's already getting it's anime moment in the spotlight with the Volcanion movie. Hmm...

if 仝 is composed of 人 (human) and 工 (made), is true then perhaps magerna and marshadow are version exclusive.

More points pointing to Litten's evo possibly being a Fire/Ground type maybe:

Sulfur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Petroleum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. Sulfur is found commonly near volcanoes
2. Sulfur these days, is produced from petroleum, a black oily, flammable substance used as fuel*
3. Sulfuric Acid is harmful and burns people, and is likely the substance that Litten3 is spitting out.
4. Its commonly associated with the Sun and Stars.
5. Its been commonly speculated as the symbol representing Litten.

*= Litten's bio:
From the Pokémon Sun and Moon official site:
Litten can attack with flaming hairballs! Its fur is rich in oils and immensely flammable. Litten grooms itself by licking its fur, and then uses the collected fur as fuel for fireball attacks!

Sulfur also resides in massive stars, so if Split Evos are true, this could be the Day Evo Form, whereas Fire/Dark is the Night Evo Form. Now whether either form is bipedal or/and quad, and which one is the wrestler (unless its both) we don't know. That is up to personal interpretation.

As of now, regardless of what happens, I support both Fire/Dark and Fire/Ground at this point, and in my view, both can work nicely with a Heel Wrestler. They both have equal points to lead to either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom