• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Here is the lengthy description of what is in the video. Sorry for any spelling mistakes. I typed in a hurry -

At the beginning the player gets some mail in the mailbox regarding something about greninja (I'm assuming it is a welcome letter to Alola)

They show your mom coming out of the house

The scene then shifts to Hauholi city
You see Machamp(flexing it's biceps) and Corsola in the city with a lady and a kid

You enter a big building with your mother
Then you can move around freely

You open your Pokemon menu, you already have Greninja with Ash as OT id 131017
Water Shuriken, Aerial Ace, Double Team, Night Slash

You meet Hau in the building
You, hau and your mom start talking about something.
Hau gets happy and starts jumping then exits the building

You exit the building and meet Hau outside. 2 team skull grunts approach. You battle them (Cool battle music)
The grunt sends out Yungoos.
You defeat the grunt and he is shocked and waves hands in rage. Then they both run away.
Hau is happy and says something then leaves.

You roam in the city. See Hau outside pokemon center.
You enter the Pokemon center.
It has the usual mart and other stuff, and some other counter (cafe is it?)
You come out of center with Hau and meet Kukui
They talk about something. Hau starts jumping happily again then they both leave.

Then in the wild grass Kukui tells you something.
You encounter Pikipek in the wild grass, the game suddenly freezes and turns black?!
returns to normal.

You encounter rockruff in the wild.

You encounter some trainer kid and he tells you something(doesn't fight you)

Then you come across another trainer kid and he battles you. Sends out rockruff. You defeat him.

You enter a cave. See Kukui and Pikachu. Receive Rotom Pokedex.
Pikachu starts jumping and joins your party/

A trial begins it seems? Rotom pokedex snap catches a wild Jangmo-o. You snap it! Jangmo-o noticed you. It attacked!!
You switch in to Pikachu instead of Greninja.
Pikachu fights Jangmo-o valiantly. Jangmo-o ded. Fight over.

Kukui tells you something. You wander in the cave and open the rotom snap again. Come across another jangmo-o. Battle screen starts! Video over!

Wasn't it said that we'd get another thread for the datamines? I was kind of expecting it would have been made already...

If they do someone should post the thread link here. Its odd i can find the randomest crap hidden in places but get lost navigating forums haha

Wasn't it said that we'd get another thread for the datamines? I was kind of expecting it would have been made already...
I guess some mod will make it sooner or later. There is still time for the datamine info to be leaked.

What we got now was just a sneak-peek or a 'leak' of the demo a little early.
Here's hoping we get all the leaks from the demo datamine too. :cool:

Here is the lengthy description of what is in the video. Sorry for any spelling mistakes. I typed in a hurry -

At the beginning the player gets some mail in the mailbox regarding something about greninja (I'm assuming it is a welcome letter to Alola)

They show your mom coming out of the house

The scene then shifts to Hauholi city
You see Machamp(flexing it's biceps) and Corsola in the city with a lady and a kid

You enter a big building with your mother
Then you can move around freely

You open your Pokemon menu, you already have Greninja with Ash as OT id 131017
Water Shuriken, Aerial Ace, Double Team, Night Slash

You meet Hau in the building
You, hau and your mom start talking about something.
Hau gets happy and starts jumping then exits the building

You exit the building and meet Hau outside. 2 team skull grunts approach. You battle them (Cool battle music)
The grunt sends out Yungoos.
You defeat the grunt and he is shocked and waves hands in rage. Then they both run away.
Hau is happy and says something then leaves.

You roam in the city. See Hau outside pokemon center.
You enter the Pokemon center.
It has the usual mart and other stuff, and some other counter (cafe is it?)
You come out of center with Hau and meet Kukui
They talk about something. Hau starts jumping happily again then they both leave.

Then in the wild grass Kukui tells you something.
You encounter Pikipek in the wild grass, the game suddenly freezes and turns black?!
returns to normal.

You encounter rockruff in the wild.

You encounter some trainer kid and he tells you something(doesn't fight you)

Then you come across another trainer kid and he battles you. Sends out rockruff. You defeat him.

You enter a cave. See Kukui and Pikachu. Receive Rotom Pokedex.
Pikachu starts jumping and joins your party/

A trial begins it seems? Rotom pokedex snap catches a wild Jangmo-o. You snap it! Jangmo-o noticed you. It attacked!!
You switch in to Pikachu instead of Greninja.
Pikachu fights Jangmo-o valiantly. Jangmo-o ded. Fight over.

Kukui tells you something. You wander in the cave and open the rotom snap again. Come across another jangmo-o. Battle screen starts! Video over!

Since I know some German, let me explain some of the things that happen (under spoilers for those who don't want to know yet):
The welcome letter is from the person who gifted you the Greninja (probably Ash then). Says Greninja likes hot weather and that it's hot in Alola, so it'll like it there.

Your mom and you are at town hall to register. Hau comes to meet you and your mother says you and Hau should check out the town while she waits to be registered.

You visit the Pokémon Center with Hau and as soon as you leave, Kukui is outside asking you if you want to do a trial.

While the screen is black, the guy playing explains that he's battling a Pikipek and notices there aren't any Poké Balls, so you can't catch it.

In the cave, Kukui asks you to take a picture of four Pokémon in the cave, gives you a Pikachu to help you with the trial. You receive the Poké Finder.

After the battle with the Jangmo-o, Kukui explains that Pokémon sometimes become angry and attack when you take a picture of them.

Also, we're making a thread for datamines as soon as any datamining is actually happening.

Oh gooood yes. Instead of being a random no name island its actually the starting areas. Having an actual grasp of what the game is going to be like in the final version is great, and those are some wicked overworld tunes. If this also has timed events leading up to the release like ORAS, even better. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Edit: Town Hall? OMFG if these games have an actual government body that needs registration for the island trials unlike the gyms this is gonna be a wild ride.

Until we know for sure there's lots of information being datamined there's no use for a datamine thread.

We have a bunch of mods watching the section, ready to post a thread as soon as something shows up! So if some stuff does start showing up and no thread is made them PM either Merida, Slife, Snow White, Tinker Bell, Nala, TM28, Belle or myself to give the heads up that one needs to be made.

Just for clarification - playing the demo/demo spoilers aren't the datamine. Datamine will be things like Pokemon stats, unknown/new Pokemon, new moves/abilities/items, trainer rosters etc.

I don't think I'm going to watch any demo vids yet because I want to play the demo myself, but I'm so hyped for the datamine. ♡
Same. I only watched the first five minutes of the demo, and I want the rest of the demo to be a surprise! In terms of datamining, I hope we discover new pokemon, and hopefully we know the final pokedex before the games come out, as I like to plan out my team beforehand (However, i'm fine if that doesn't happen, I have no problem with having some new pokemon being a surpise!) But, I would rather not know anything other than that... I want the story to be a total surprise, since it already looks really interesting from what we already know.

Same. I only watched the first five minutes of the demo, and I want the rest of the demo to be a surprise! In terms of datamining, I hope we discover new pokemon, and hopefully we know the final pokedex before the games come out, as I like to plan out my team beforehand (However, i'm fine if that doesn't happen, I have no problem with having some new pokemon being a surpise!) But, I would rather not know anything other than that... I want the story to be a total surprise, since it already looks really interesting from what we already know.
I know my best friend is really excited for mimikyu's stats, so I hope we learn those.

I think I'm going to get overwhelmed for a sec if we actually get a datamine of the entire dex. I've been obsessing over these new pokemon for months now. Getting full info about their stats, movepools, hidden abilities, evolution methods, shinies, etc all at once might actually be crazy.

I'm pumped as shit about new moves and abilities, especially if they're as exciting and kooky as the ones that came in Gen 6, or better. Coming up with teams using dumb ass random ass strategies involving moves like Venom Drench and Electrify is so exciting for me; I could do it for hours.

I have this strange feeling though like everything is gonna get datamined and it turns out there's only like 30 new pokemon GF didn't show us
3094wpe.gif

I have this strange feeling though like everything is gonna get datamined and it turns out there's only like 30 new pokemon GF didn't show us
3094wpe.gif

Well, you're more optimistic than I am; my favorite part is seeing the designs and I'm already convinced that there'll be like, 10-15 new Pokemon. I guess at least if I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised!!!

Back
Top Bottom