• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I not sure how I feel about the pre evos. It kind of defeats the purpose of legendary pokemon being legendary but if this is how Game Freak wants to do things then I am cool with it.

I'm not sure that it really defeats the purpose. If anything, it may just build on it. Like... think, what happens in most games? The legendary shows up, you fight it aaaand you catch it. Big whoo, all done, you just mastered a legendary, time to either use it or box it, no one cares that it was a "legend" anymore.

But what if the pokemon is truly legendary... a literal legend... and you find it hidden away in a weaker form? And now it's up to you to help it unleash its true power? The legendary would become a more lasting part of the plot. It would build so much more importance to it than this supposedly powerful pokemon that just shows up for you to kick its ass once.

My only complaint with this theoretical approach, though, is... what if you don't want to evolve it? XD I think maybe the "pre-evos" were designed intentionally to not be that appealing for that reason, but still... if you're one of those people who actually likes it, what would happen to the plot if you just decided "Nah, you don't need to be a bat/lion."
Also, what if you just don't want it on your team, period.
...unless you wind up carrying it around like a key item. I suppose that could be a thing.

My only complaint with this theoretical approach, though, is... what if you don't want to evolve it? XD I think maybe the "pre-evos" were designed intentionally to not be that appealing for that reason, but still... if you're one of those people who actually likes it, what would happen to the plot if you just decided "Nah, you don't need to be a bat/lion."
Also, what if you just don't want it on your team, period.
...unless you wind up carrying it around like a key item. I suppose that could be a thing.

Maybe it could be a plot-induced evolution. You know, kind of like how any Rayquaza that you send to ORAS cannot Mega Evolve until you have completed the Delta Episode. Maybe you have the option to use the pre-evolution throughout the game, and when you reach the plot climax, it will automatically evolve. Leaving it in the PC the entire time wouldn't really be a problem; they could just prompt you to switch it out for something when it became relevant, like they did for Reshiram/Zekrom in BW and Xerneas/Yveltal in XY.

This looks awesome!!!!

HaaKJOo.jpg
7zzTmEO.jpg

Polygon just broke NDA and gave us a rather big spoiler on the story.

Lillie hides the pre-evo legendary in her bag.

Pokémon Sun and Moon’s leaked new Pokémon, reviewed - Polygon
I bet the article's going to get taken down if NoA finds this. Also, since they posted datamined stuff, they're probably going to get the dataminers in trouble as well.

Also, I'm not surprised about the Lillie thing. Everyone already thought that she was either hiding a legendary or an Ultra Beast anyways. The real question is this: why does Lillie have the legendary pre-evo in the first place?

I'm all for people's own opinions, but when you are trying to talk in general consensus like that and saying what you are all you do is make people angry. The word choice of just the first few sentences was extremely irritating and I super agree with knightwolf. It pissed me off

I'm all for people's own opinions, but when you are trying to talk in general consensus like that and saying what you are all you do is make people angry. The word choice of just the first few sentences was extremely irritating and I super agree with knightwolf. It pissed me off
Then again, everybody's been pissing me off with their reactions today. They drove me to the point that I don't feel like being part of the community anymore.

Then again, everybody's been pissing me off with their reactions today. They drove me to the point that I don't feel like being part of the community anymore.

Yeah i just skim around the arguments for the most part of course i will not look at the pics of anything yet either i enjoy the reveals, so most of the arguments are nothing for me.

Dunno what you two are getting so worked up for. People have different opinions on things. Only natural for some people to hate aspects of what's been revealed and others love them.

Personally the only thing I dislike so far is... Alola Persian's face.

That's how I look at it, those who make such long posts about disliking this and that, that's all preference and perspective. And of course people will have their own opions.

I get it though sometimes it feels like nothing will please people when you see a lot of negative comments, but that's just the nature of things when a franchise as big as pokemon is goes. Soon after the release it will be a thing of the past lol and there will be other things to nit pick on ;) haha

Kinda have to agree. Today has been a bit of a shit show for the community and media. Also ended up in a toxic argument with a pretty arrogant VGC player, but I won't go into it. I was wrong in the end, but they were pretty uppity and arrogant about it, even if I wasn't the most soft spoken debater. On the plus side, I think most of the new mons are pretty rad.

My thoughts:

-Wimpod's evolution is a fucking beast!! I really hope it keeps the same Bug/Water typing. Much more likely to be on my team now.

-Alolan Persian.... just no. Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio... just as bad. Blegh. Also not a big fan of Alolan Geodude line. Honestly the only Alola forms I really love are Vulpix/Ninetales, Exeggutor, and Marowak.

-If the data mined is truly ALL of the new Pokemon... Really shocked/disappointed that Komala doesn't evolve. I was sure it would evolve. Also disappointed that several other Pokemon arent getting evolutions, namely Minior, Comfey, Pyukumuku, and the other 1 stage mons. Also Cutiefly I thought would have a third stage. But oh well.

-Overall, lot of cool and good stuff, some disappointing things. I'm just really ready to play the games. Unfortunate how everything has been spoiled, but such is pre-release and leaks nowadays haha. Can't wait to play the full game. I feel like the games won't live up to be as amazing as their hype was, but they'll still be really good for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom