• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure somebody would notice the beak, tail and the freaking insect legs and not call it a cat :p
If they saw the entire body that could possibly work, but what if they only saw it's face from the front? The cat ears stick out more than the "beak" does.

Last edited:
So this whole "Bond phenomenon" is only exclusive to greninja, and not to other pokemon, so what was the purpose of the bond phenomenon concept, it was only made for greninja, i was expecting to happen on the other pokemon beside ash-greninja, like for example the gen 7 starters and lyranroc, and gen 6 starters, but that sucks:(

D= Well it was a stupid anime mechanic that they brought into the games purely for fanservice. Though why the anime couldn't just give Ash a pokemon with a legitimate mega evolution is beyond me.

The Chinese leak never mentioned the breeding cat. Only a person on 4chan did.

To give Ash a Mega without actually giving him a Mega and to make tons of money doing it.
Oh? I only figured the Chinese leaks because they're all connected on pokejungle. Woops. If that really is the reason behind Ash-Greninja though, then that makes me care about the anime even less. Q_Q

If that really is the reason behind Ash-Greninja though, then that makes me care about the anime even less. Q_Q

Well, it's only a theory at this point. But a quite likely one, if you ask me.

I think it's interesting that the recent interview seems to suggest that Ash-Greninja really was an anime invention that they later decided to include in the games. It was revealed at the same time as Zygarde's Formes (which I highly doubt were an anime-first creation; see Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows in XY's data), so I would have assumed that it was designed by the game makers and then handed off to the anime to deal with throughout 2015/2016.

I don't think either of the first two posts of that 4chan leak with the breeding cat were legit. Most of the things they got right were vague, an educated guess, taken from other more legitimate leaks or fan-wishes that Gamefreak just happened to have granted.

Aside from the fact that it is a vaguely cat-like 2-stage pokemon that changes type, Silvally does not really resemble the description of the cat:

"There is a 2-stage cat Pokémon that is normal when captured in the wild, but it will inherit the father’s primary type as its 2nd type when hatched; the color/pattern varies by type (think Vivillion)."

It does not inherit its father's primary type.
It doesn't even have a secondary type.
It's genderless, so it's likely not even breedable with anything except possibly Ditto.
It does not change patterns, only colors, and not remotely in any way that would make one think of Vivillon.
And based on its origin, I don't feel like Type: Null is something that you would really just capture in the wild.

Well that was a waste of money, i was assuming if ash-greninja was in the game, they would introduce the bond phenomenon mechanic that happen to other pokemon

What money did you waste on Ash-Greninja? The demo is free...

I'm talking about in the anime, ash-greninja, the designs and episodes with ash-greninja, they only reason they introduced ash-greninja in the demo because it's rare and exclusive to anime and not in the main game

It was hardly a waste of their efforts. Greninja was already very popular; they gave it another marketable form and were able to lay out a whole arc about it in the anime, and created a bonus incentive for the SM demo in the process.

you know how they would make ash, stupid and unexperience trainer
They do that to him all the time anyway. From what I watched of the Kalos league, Ash shouldn't have even made it to the finals- strategy-wise, he performed worse in Kalos than probably any other region, yet he was a semi-finalist? Ridiculous.

I feel like i'm the only person that actually likes ash-greninja (and greninja in general for that matter.).
It was the best thing in the anime for a long while.

Hell, the XY anime was really good (as someone who only watched the important matches anyway) in general.

I feel like i'm the only person that actually likes ash-greninja (and greninja in general for that matter.).
I like Ash-Greninja as well and I'm not opposed to anything hinting at Ash being canon in the games, especially cause I see him and Red as two separate characters and don't over-glorify Red.

Nah, I'm a big Greninja and Ash-Greninja fan. Hell, I've loved Greninja since it first leaked and tons of other people were trashing it.

They could have did more than just ash-greninja, they could have introduce the bond phenomenon/synchro evolution/z-formes mechanic to other pokemon, they could have done that

Not if the Bond Phenomenon was an anime invention. If Ash-Greninja was truly the anime department's idea, then it means that the game makers probably never had plans for any sort of mechanic like that - they only took what the anime came up with for this specific Pokémon and recreated in the games.

Greninja is basically my favorite starter ever. It actually took six gens for them to make one I loved more than Venusaur. I mean, I love all three of this gen's starters, but Greninja and Venusaur still hold a special place in my heart. To be honest, I think design-wise this is the best starter trio since Gen IV. Rowlet's obviously my favorite, but Popplio's a very close second and I also really love Litten because of the Tiger Mask homage.

They do that to him all the time anyway. From what I watched of the Kalos league, Ash shouldn't have even made it to the finals- strategy-wise, he performed worse in Kalos than probably any other region, yet he was a semi-finalist? Ridiculous.
I have no clue how Ash was doing bad. He seemed to be doing just fine to me.

I have no clue how Ash was doing bad. He seemed to be doing just fine to me.
Okay, let's put it this way...

You send out a pokemon. You have your pokemon attack. Your attacks have little to no effect and your opponent does literally nothing. As a sensible trainer do you...

A) Just keep attacking it until your opponent finally decides to knock your pokemon out.
B) Change pokemon and try something else.

Your pokemon is a fire-type. Your opponent sends out a water-type. As a sensible trainer do you...

A) Keep using your fire-type pokemon.
B) Change to your more effective electric-type pokemon.

Your opponent just sent out a fairy-type pokemon. As a sensible trainer do you...

A) Send out a dragon-type.
B) Send out literally anything else.

If you answered A for all of the above, congratulations- you're Ash Ketchum.

Okay, let's put it this way...

You send out a pokemon. You have your pokemon attack. Your attacks have little to no effect and your opponent does literally nothing. As a sensible trainer do you...

A) Just keep attacking it until your opponent finally decides to knock your pokemon out.
B) Change pokemon and try something else.

Your pokemon is a fire-type. Your opponent sends out a water-type. As a sensible trainer do you...

A) Keep using your fire-type pokemon.
B) Change to your more effective electric-type pokemon.

Your opponent just sent out a fairy-type pokemon. As a sensible trainer do you...

A) Send out a dragon-type.
B) Send out literally anything else.

If you answered A for all of the above, congratulations- you're Ash Ketchum.
1. A) Sawyer would've just kept switching along with Ash.
2. A) Same as 1. and it at least got some damge in.
3. A) Ash only had Goodra left and wanted to save Greninja and Pikachu for last

Guess that means I'm Ash. Ash was still handling the battle well despite the disadvantages. Pretty sure that means he wasn't doing bad.

Back
Top Bottom