• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I bet that person must have stolen the copy or paid someone off for it. I find it hard to believe that someone out of millions of people just happen to get their copy ahead of the rest of us.

Well, yea. They're definitely not supposed to have it. That's why it is still considered a leak. But to deny it's credibility as being real or fake is unrealistic at this point.

Or they simply know someone who works at retail who decided to be nice enough to secretly give them a copy before street date.

Which is exactly what happened when XY were leaked early.

People breaking street date has happened before and this certainly won't be the last. Calm down? You're getting angry over nothing.
Oh no. I wasn't getting angry. But it is a bit unfair that they get to have their copy before official date. I heard that Europe was punished for selling games early by having their release dates pushed five days after everyone else got their copy on their release date.

Well, yea. They're definitely not supposed to have it. That's why it is still considered a leak. But to deny it's credibility as being real or fake is unrealistic at this point.
Fair enough but wouldn't that get that person's country punished. I heard Europe got in trouble for selling XY early and that is why they get games five days after the rest of us.

So I have a concern here guys. This leakers named his Decidueye "Fake and Gay" that's a little odd in and of itself but didn't X and Y have the world's most sensitive profanity filter? I just find it odd he could do that at all.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

So I have a concern here guys. This leakers named his Decidueye "Fake and Gay" that's a little odd in and of itself but didn't X and Y have the world's most sensitive profanity filter? I just find it odd he could do that at all.

...since when is the word "gay" profanity ?_?

Although highly unlikely, even if this were true it would still be a legitimate copy of the game with legitimate details leaking. Even if the means of obtaining it were not legitimate.
Point taken. At least we knowing a bit more of the game now. But experiencing it for ourselves is better.

Strangely the word "gay" is allowed in Gen V according to Bulbapedia. I will test it in XY or ORAS later. Homo is, tho.

...since when is the word "gay" profanity ?_?
Do I really have to explain this...

OK look it isn't profan at all. But that's not the point. The point is that there will be people who think it is or just don't want the word mentioned because it might be used in an offensive way. Not to mention this is a worldwide game and people in different countries have a wide variety of opinions on how morally correct it is to be Gay. Yes it isn't fair but if I name my pokemon something that could offend someone in a different part of the world and then trade it to them that could be an issue. That really is the reason behind X and Y,s harsh filter.

If this has been changed then I will be very happy. But since I don't have a copy of SM I can't check to see of that's the case. I just thought that there might be reason to think this could be FAKE.

Edit: Now if I'm wrong and the word Gay is allowed in XY then that's fine but that would be rather odd considering the words I can't use.

Do I really have to explain this...

OK look it isn't profan at all. But that's not the point. The point is that there will be people who think it is or just don't want the word mentioned because it might be used in an offensive way. Not to mention this is a worldwide game and people in different countries have a wide variety of opinions on how morally correct it is to be Gay. Yes it isn't fair but if I name my pokemon something that could offend someone in a different part of the world and then trade it to them that could be an issue. That really is the reason behind X and Y,s harsh filter.

If this has been changed then I will be very happy. But since I don't have a copy of SM I can't check to see of that's the case. I just thought that there might be reason to think this could be FAKE.

OK so I have inadvertently opened up a can of worms here and this is not the place for this discussion so this is the last thing I will say on the matter.

You misinterpret what my point was. What Nintendo chooses to censor is up to them and I could see why they would choose to censor the word especially given the context that most people would use it in would be negative anyway (though I don't agree with it). I was mostly against the stigma that the word is considered profane. It is not. But again this is not the place for that discussion so, apologies for that. You seem to agree anyway.

I found something interesting:

after the aether raid they get away with cosmog, lillie gets the 3rd starter, gets a hairstyle and outfit change and begins to fight

Not sure it's from Lurantis or not but this make 100% sense why because of this:

http://i.imgur.com/JDvFEAb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3hubJBo.jpg

The fact that Gladion is of course good and next to Lillie her text definitely shows alot of confidence especially since the whole kidnapping of Cosmog and Team Skull/Aether fiasco it shows her development as she now uses Pokemon especially since she couldn't even protect Cosmog because she had no other Pokemon with her so it shows she wants to protect those close to her this would definitely make her more into my favorite character if she develops into a true rival this way. Plus the fact in the Q and As they never noticed her outfit/hair change at all at this point in the game which definitely seems to happen later in plot point I feel this is definitely gonna happen when he pours more info!

I found something interesting:

after the aether raid they get away with cosmog, lillie gets the 3rd starter, gets a hairstyle and outfit change and begins to fight

Not sure it's from Lurantis or not but this make 100% sense why because of this:

http://i.imgur.com/JDvFEAb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3hubJBo.jpg

The fact that Gladion is of course good and next to Lillie her text definitely shows alot of confidence especially since the whole kidnapping of Cosmog and Team Skull/Aether fiasco it shows her development as she now uses Pokemon especially since she couldn't even protect Cosmog because she had no other Pokemon with her so it shows she wants to protect those close to her this would definitely make her more into my favorite character if she develops into a true rival this way. Plus the fact in the Q and As they never noticed her outfit/hair change at all at this point in the game which definitely seems to happen later in plot point I feel this is definitely gonna happen when he pours more info!
These were from the train on trailers. They go by real fast so not many notice.

Whoa, so many leaks while I was fast asleep.
Info overload XD
Finally a real leaker has come to the surface. I hope he just posts pokemon and stats, I really don't want story spoilers. But if I do get spoiled, bah who cares, I'll still enjoy the game nonetheless :D
Salazzle is definitely going to be on my team :)

OK so I have inadvertently opened up a can of worms here and this is not the place for this discussion so this is the last thing I will say on the matter.

You misinterpret what my point was. What Nintendo chooses to censor is up to them and I could see why they would choose to censor the word especially given the context that most people would use it in would be negative anyway (though I don't agree with it). I was mostly against the stigma that the word is considered profane. It is not. But again this is not the place for that discussion so, apologies for that. You seem to agree anyway.
All is well no offense taken. Sometimes I just feel like people don't pay attention to the world around them and I thought you were ignorant of why some people might be offended by such words. But I can see how my post might have been taken to mean I was offended by it. I most certainly am not.

But I did find it a little odd that the leaker chose that nickname and that the game allowed it. Since it seemed like no one else was questioning that point. I'm a little suspicious of this leak and was just seeing if I could poke some holes in it.

Edit: Now if I'm wrong and the word Gay is allowed in XY then that's fine but that would be rather odd considering the words I can't use.

Decided to run a quick test:

w1UbAd2.jpg

Off topic but

"Bulbagarden Forums will be temporarily shut down starting at some point in the next twenty-four hours for some site updates before Sun and Moon releases. We expect those upgrades to take a few days, and apologize for the inconvenience."

Few days?
Guess we won't be able to discuss the juicy leaks for a while :(

Off topic but

"Bulbagarden Forums will be temporarily shut down starting at some point in the next twenty-four hours for some site updates before Sun and Moon releases. We expect those upgrades to take a few days, and apologize for the inconvenience."

Few days?
Guess we won't be able to discuss the juicy leaks for a while :(
VERY awful timing especially when at this point it's getting very good....guess we gotta keep watch on 4chan in a couple of hours in other places for a bit.....

Back
Top Bottom