• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP18: A Poached Ego! ・ EP19: Tree's a Crowd

Yesh, Weezing sounded like an elderly version of James to me. *laughs at such a thought* Anyone, I was lucky enough to download the Japanese version of the 6th episode before watching the dub (this really is a big deal for me since I'm mostly a Poke-dubbie, and aspiring Poke-hybrid).

The dub wasn't that bad, but....if you thought the mood of the fight scene was captured badly in the dub, I would've loved to see your reaction if you head James utter, "You big...bully!" before collapsing. That just made the whole end of the scene take a dive, in my opinion.

I'd say something about the Treecko eppy, but I neither have the Japanese version downloaded, nor did I remember that they air more Pokemon at 11:30 AM from now on. ¬¬

copy-pasted from Serebii...

Huh. I only noticed *ONE TIME* the music seemed inappropiate, and that was at the end when they had the Happy Walking Music. But then Cacnea showed up, and the music suddenly fit.

I love Rico's voice. Who was it? He sounded like Eric Stewart at times, and other times far from it.

Speaking of Stewart--one of the gayest James lines ever:

Jesse: I know how to deal with men like that!
James: Tell me. *PLEASE!*

*snerk*

Throughout the entire episode, I wanted to say "Hey Rico! Two words--'Dark Ball'!" (and then I remember Jesse wore a golden mask in one ep...*cough* But that's an image best left untouched.)

Why hasn't anyone but Brock figured out how to tell Jenny apart? It's easy! EAAASY! And I always laugh when someone finds out about the Jennies and Joys. Shouldn't that be common knowledge?

A Poached Ego!

Wasn't a terribly interesting episode to be honest. I felt bad for May at the beginning of the episode, she was so much more tired than the boys and I almost forgot that all Nurse Joy are related. Though it's kinda weird when you think about, Nurse Joy's family must breed like rats. I loved how Max and May interacted with Brock and were so surprised by his behavior for the first time. What was with Brock and Max referring to Hoenn as a country? God, the Ekans were so ugly. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. This is probably the first and last time I actually saw Arbok and Weezing showing some remnants of a thing called a personality. Never cared for TR's OS Pokemon so I wasn't bothered by their releases, this was my first time seeing this episode ever as well. Liked seeing Cacnea for the first time, it always had a somewhat more amusing personality to me than any OS Pokemon owned by TR and it was fresh. Thought it was weird Meowth wasn't bothered by the electric shock by the cage during the second confrontation but the first time he was fried like a chicken. What in the hell was up with the poacher seemingly evolving his Pupitar on a dime? Now that was some forced crap right there. Though it was nice seeing Tyranitar I guess. I actually liked it when Jessie thought to have Wobbuffett counter Hyper Beam back at Tyranitar, shame she was used as a joke. TR all using Fury Swipes on Tyranitar was kinda heartwarming however. It's amazing how quickly Ash and Jenny ex-sponged the poacher compared to TR who got eaten alive. Decent episode I guess.

Tree's a Crowd

Max: I said we should have taken a right in that fork in the road but you insisted on going the other way and now we're lost!
May: But this path looked prettier and and it has all those awesome flowers! There's nothing more dreamy than strolling through lovely flowers~

God, what a vomit-inducing dialogue exchange. I think that just shows right there the writers may have been figuring out May's character, I'm so glad to know in the long run the writers don't make May out to a bland, girly-girl, princessy, air-head. Not to mention she's usually the burden to the group and tires out quickly and her Torchic has been portrayed as useless 100% of the time. Can't wait to see her drop this demeanor, I don't even know when she does. I presume sometime around Wurmple's capture which I'm really looking forward to. Also getting a bit tired of May and Max/Ash's little spats, they're entertaining in moderation but they're happening way too often for my liking. I'm just so glad that May isn't going to be made out to be "Typical girly girl, doing typical girly things."

When you want to catch a Pokemon you should weaken them in battle first so they have no defense when using your Pokeball, is that what you taught me the other day, Ash Ketchum? Pokemon Master, huh?!
Okay, that made me laugh. :p May has a fast learning curve, I must admit.

Anyway this was a decent capture episode, Treecko's capture, one of the best Pokemon in the whole show. I always liked the way he kept a twig in his mouth as a sigh of his badassery. I liked getting a mention of Misty. I liked seeing Ash toss a Pokeball at the Treecko without weakening it despite criticizing May for doing the same thing not to long ago. Way to be a good role-model, guess he got caught up in the excitement of it all. The whole tree plot was not very engrossing at all for me, though I did like the explanation of why Grass-types don't take much punishment from Electricity and I also liked Cacnea's debut to Ash. Shame it didn't do more aside from pop the balloon and fire a Pin Missile at Treecko though.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom