• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP39: A Three Team Scheme!

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
"A Three Team Scheme" Discussion

EDIT FROM DOGASU: This thead was started for the premiere of the episode in the U.K. For all the Americans on the board who want to discuss the episode, the discussion on the American premiere starts here.

Well, nobody's started a topic about this yet since apparently it hasn't aired in the States, but it's aired in Britain and I've seen it (no I don't live there), so I'm starting this. :p

I thought it was really good. One stupid mistake though, they confused Hidden Power with Secret Power, since they said Nincada's Hidden Power was what Keanu and Nincada used to make the base. :|
A very cool episode though. We got to see Magma and Aqua confront each other for the first time, and learned the names of two key Elite members of each: Field Commander Harland and Tactical Commander Isabel...or do I have the "Field" and "Tactical" mixed up? I forget. :p And I loved the references to what TA and TM are ultimately trying to do, what with the discussions about "G" and "K", as well as "the power of land" and "the power of water". From what I know about the dub and the Japanese episodes, Advance is turning out to be an extremely well-written season.
8.5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite members before the leaders, eh?

I want to place bets on who will do their voice. I picture Maxie sounding like when Eric Stewart was the voice of Shirunai. And if Archie doesn't sound like a pirate, I'll be disappointed.

Now then! I feel I have to ask--is it "Isabel" or "Isobel"?

Sounded more like Isabel. And Keanu's voice, at times, bore a striking resemblance to that of Misty. Is Rachel Lillis taking a page out of Veronica Taylor's book and doing voices of young boys now?

And FYI, Harland did sound a bit like Eric Stuart.

BTW in case you hadn't figured it out...those who've played the games know, but still I should have made it clear...Harland is with Magma and Isabel is with Aqua.

Oh, and I forgot...Giovanni is in this episode too, in case you didn't know that, Blackjack. :-D And Jessie actually refers to him by name later (not when they're talking to him).

Wow, that's the...third time he's been called by name on the show? Once was by JJ&M in the cheerleading sequence in "I Politoad Ya So", and another by Wendy in "Dues and Don'ts" (and yes, he's called by name about twice in MSB and...I forget how many in MR, but those aren't the *show*)

Wait'll you see the conversation between Giovanni and JJ&M. It was...interesting...odd...not sure what to call it.

Sort of. But interestingly enough, what Giovanni says isn't his usual constant berating of their ineptitude. He actually seemed like he was expecting them to get information regarding Magma and Aqua...weird. It's kinda hard to explain without typing out the whole thing.

Huh. Maybe he finally realized that the one time they fulfilled their objective and brought him a rare pokémon, he kicked them out on their asses. Perhaps he was doing paperwork one day, and his mind happened to drift to the price of Togepis on the open market...

And he said to himself, in that dialected Ted Lewis voice we all know and love, "Oh SHIT!"

Heh, since I can't resist seeing your reaction, I'll post the conversation:

(Jessie is going on about how great her "Silcoon" is. James and Meowth are using Keanu's computer to contact Giovanni.)
Meowth: I don't wanna spoil da party, but ain't it a Cascoon, not a Silcoon?
James: I guess we'll find out...when it evolves. It sure seemed different to me.
Giovanni: *comes onscreen suddenly* What's different?
*James & Meowth facefault*
Jessie: Giovanni, sir!
all 3: Lovely to see you again!
Giovanni: Hmm. Yes, well you'd better have a good reason for disturbing me this time.
Jessie: Good?
James: It's great, superb!
Meowth: Stupendioso!
Giovanni: Oh? Is it possible you've finally gathered some useful information for me?
Jessie: Uh...not exactly...
*J&J spread their arms in a "ta-da" pose to show off the base*
James: We've built ourselves a secret base!
Meowth: And custom-designed it specifically so we can gather info on da Hoenn region.
Giovanni: *a little angrily* It looks to me like some kid's room.
Jessie *sweatdrops* Yes, ok!
James: *sweatdrops* We'll remodel it immediately!
Meowth: And make it not only da foist Team Rocket branch in da Hoenn region, but da best branch in da woild!
Giovanni: That's fine. Report back to me when the base is complete. (signs off)
*all 3 sigh with relief*
James: I need a hug.

Last edited:
Heh...I love James' last line. :-D

And I was wrong, Jessie DID refer to him by name while they were talking to him..but she did afterward as well.

Muahahaha. I love James's last line too, Geodude!

"I need a hug." =)

Can't wait for Saturday when I'll actually see it.

As for the episode itself.. eh, it could've been better. Professor Birch didn't really do much to justify his role in the episode, and the Nincada kid was annoying. They should've concentradted more on Team Magma and Aqua, and less on that base.

Not as good as the previous episode.

Think about it this way. This episode in Johto would have focused solely on Keanu and Nincada. But in Hoenn, we also had the Professor showing up, as well as Teams A&M and the hints about their real plans. Clearly, a great improvement over Johto.

Hee! Britain's ahead of the USA! That may well be the only time I ever get to say that. *makes the most of it*

Anyhoo, I enjoyed this episode, mainly because ever since learning Keanu's name I kept imagining him in a trenchcoat and shades and bursting into peals of laughter for no good reason. The best bit was when he and Ash were sliding down that rope, and Keanu timed his landing wrong and crashed on top of JJ&M - I half-expected him to say, "I need to work on my Matrix moves". :D The only part of the episode that annoyed me was the way that Ash and co. and TR kept repeating all of the relevant bits of dialogue when Harland and Isobel were talking. That got very irritating.

(TR and "the twerps" are watching TA and TM from two different hiding places.)
Meowth: "What in da woild are dey talkin' about?"
Brock: "What in the world are they talking about?"

XD

Hehehehe, lol, Geodude! ^_^

I can't wait to see this episode on Saturday! It should be really good!!!

And now, the US premiere:

Japanese Episode 027: "Team Aqua VS Team Magma! Secret Base Battle!"
American Episode 027: "A Three Team Scheme"

0529.jpg

James needs a hug.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom