• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP01: Clamperl of Wisdom

Did James get the "shell of a shell" line? If so, that makes the second time he's pseudo-sworn (the first of course being "it might finally stop all of Jessie's...... complaining" :D). Strange, he strikes me as the least likely Team Rocket member to curse.

Okay, just so everyone knows, I've changed my rating scale so that it's now a 1 to 5 scale, and that way it doesn't seem like I'm giving a really high rating to every episode, lol.

Anyway, here's my review of this episode:

I thought this was a pretty good episode! And it's kinda funny how that Spoink seems to keep losing its pearl like that. Do all Spoink lose their pearls like that? Or is it just this one? XD Anyway, I loved all the parts where Ash and everyone was looking for Spoink's pearl, and Spoink kept thinking other things were its pearl, but they really weren't. That was so funny! And I also liked the part when that one guy (forgot his name) showed them the blue pearl. That was cool! And I liked getting to see Clamperl in the anime. That was cool too! And one of my favorite parts in this episode was when Team Rocket was trying to open Clamperl to get the blue pearl. That was hilarious! And I also liked the part where Spoink's pearl (the blue one) got switched with the Clamperl's pearl (the pink one). That was funny too! And overall, this was a pretty good episode, it was interesting and really funny too.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Last edited:
Is it me, or did Chibi Gio's foot get almost as big as the chibi in the second fantasy?

Spoink-chan's pearl loss was a plot device in both episodes featuring him. I don't think they can really do that in the games, but it could be possible as the Pokedex does detail part of it, the Clamperl part on the FR/LG Pokedex anyway.

The loss of the pearl can make sense as the Pearl amplifies its powers, it also says in R/S/E entries that it can get very sick or die if it doesn't bounce about.

That's gotta be the weirdest case of chibi proportion I ever saw..
proportionslapse.jpg

LMAO, nekusagi-chan.

That's hilarious!!!!!!

XD

Corvair said:
Spoink-chan's pearl loss was a plot device in both episodes featuring him. I don't think they can really do that in the games, but it could be possible as the Pokedex does detail part of it, the Clamperl part on the FR/LG Pokedex anyway.

The loss of the pearl can make sense as the Pearl amplifies its powers, it also says in R/S/E entries that it can get very sick or die if it doesn't bounce about.
Yeah, that's true, Corvair.

Oh, and I forgot to mention one thing in my review, and that was what I thought about the new opening theme.

Anyway, as opposed to what most people thought about it, I'm actually one of the few people who liked it!

It's great!

And I like both the music and the opening visuals!!!! ^_^

I love how the music is really catchy and everything. And I've always found all the themes to be at least a little bit catchy, but this one seemed more catchy to me than any of the previous ones.

And I love how they used footage from the Battle Frontier in the opening, along with the footage from Pokemon Symphonic Medley too. I wasn't expecting them to do that. And that was awesome!!

Last edited:
The beginning of the episode, while funny, shows that Ash is a danger to his Pokémon. Torkoal could have died out there, all because Ash has no brains!

This was a really good episode, though the long Team Rocket scene was definately the highlight.

...Actually, I think it is possible for that to happen in the games (Spoink pearl loss)
According to the strategy guide, certain Spoink can be caught with attached Big Pearls.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom