• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP48: The Garden of Eatin'

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 88: "The Snorlax in Slakoth's Banana Garden!!"
American Episode 360: "The Garden of Eatin' "

0805.jpg

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
No known encore airing this week

On the way to Lilycove City, our heroes come across a banana garden where Slakoth live. However, a problem arises when a Snorlax appears and starts to gobble up all the Slakoths' bananas! Can Ash, who's had experience with a Snorlax before, get rid of the Snorlax and return the garden to the Slakoth?

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

I loved Giovanni's pajamas. It was a decent episode. "Predictable" is a good way to describe it.

But don't forget, Oak's Snorlax Pokeblock will play a role when Munchlax comes around.

"And tight pants?!"

Since when do Snorlax live up in mountains? I know they're kinda bears, but...

Is Cacnea really better than Delibird to battle Whiscash? They both have a type advantage, but I'd go Flying versus something that uses Earthquake every chance it gets.

So Marcel decides that they must be great trainers just because they know Oak. Doesn't Oak cover a huge area when it comes to trainers?

That Slakoth is hacked. Seriously. Shouldn't it be flopping down to take a rest every few minutes?

Vigoroth's red hair thing reminds me of Sidney.

Why does Yawn use pink bubbles?

Since when do Snorlax live up in mountains?

Since always? I remember someone saying something about Snorlax coming down from the mountains in RBY...

And yes, Cacnea is definitely the superior choice. The exception would be if Whiscash had Ice Beam, but 4Kids obviously can't think that much.

Snooooooooooorlax! *passes out*

This episode was really boring to me. It just wasn;t that funny or interesting. Even Team Rocket didn't liven things up too much. I think the animation was also really bad; the battles were mostly just a bunch of still shots. The only things i liked about the episode were May's Banana joke and Team Rocket's dream sequence. Why didn't they get new clothes when the show became AG?? Also, was Ted Lewis the one playing the French waiter guy. I kept hearing little bits of Tracey in the guy's voice overall: 1/2 a star

Is Cacnea really better than Delibird to battle Whiscash? They both have a type advantage, but I'd go Flying versus something that uses Earthquake every chance it gets.

Doesn't Cacnea have a double advantage though? Isn't grass super effective against both water and earth?

Yeah um, James' tight pants line made me bust out in laughter and yell obscenities at my computer (I have to download the new episodes b/c I can't watch them while at college). That was so funny. And you know, the gayness of it makes me irritated. B/c he's not gay in Japan. Yet, we make him gay here? -.-*

But yeah this episode was great. And their outfits in the end were AMAZING. I wish they'd wear them!

I thought the waiter guys voice was Eric. B/c he had kind of a James laugh to him.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:

Cacnea's grass type gets a x4 advantage on Whiscash's water/ground type. That's the point.

And Habunake, how about marking for spoilers, yes?? Not everyone knows that. Or wants to right now.

The episode wasn't great, but Marcel was pretty awesome for a CotD. :D And he set himself up for being paired off with Brock, the stupid, stupid man. *snuggle* Though I don't see why he had to go change the name of the park. Adding the Vigoroth part to it was redundant.

Vigoroth was also voiced by Dan Green. And here I though he could go an episode without being in it. *excuse the bitterness*

6.5/10
Marcel's crying and cheap accent saved the episode.

And your EQ argument is irrelevant, since Ground is weak offensively against Grass as well.

Here's the Trainer's Choice from "Pokeblock, Stock, and Berry" or whatever it's called.

Which one of these Pokemon is the best choice to battle against Spoink? Swampert, Makuhita, Qwilfish. - Makuhita

I mean they are going back to stupid. Makuhita's a Fighter. Spoink's a Psychic. You test it out for yourself 4Kids.

It'd make sense with a simple rewording... "Which of these three Pokemon is the best choice for Spoink to battle?" And it'd still be Makuhita. Qwilfish is weak to Psychic as well, but unlike Makuhita, it can learn Shadow Ball.

Geodude said:
Qwilfish is weak to Psychic as well, but unlike Makuhita, it can learn Shadow Ball.

We haven't seen Shadow Ball since Johto though (correct me if I'm mistaken); they probably don't know it's a TM, and if they do (because you'd think they could run these by their semi-intelligent children) would assume a water/poison blowfish couldn't learn a Ghost move.

...We should write our own TC thread, dammit. o_O Alternate between stupid questions, hard questions, impossible questions, and incorrect questions.

We've seen Shadow Ball several times. -_- Norman's Slakoth knew it, the elder guy that protected the forest where Venusaur lived (when May got Bulbasaur) had 3 Poochyena that knew it, and Team Magma's Mightyena know it.

Geodude said:
We've seen Shadow Ball several times. -_- Norman's Slakoth knew it, the elder guy that protected the forest where Venusaur lived (when May got Bulbasaur) had 3 Poochyena that knew it, and Team Magma's Mightyena know it.

..... <.< Well that explains it then. I missed two of those episodes, and I don't remember the Venusaur using Shadow Ball. *dunce cap*

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
"And tight pants?!"

Why does Yawn use pink bubbles?

Yeah, I had to yell at the screen for that as well, but it made me laugh. Now it's just getting ridiculous. I think they're throwing it in to screw with the older fans. XD Considering in the Japanese, they don't even mention the type of clothes they want. Originally Koji just says "Good, good!"

Flamboyant is one thing, but Kojiro's not that flamboyant. And James' voice is deeper now!

I was wondering about the pink bubbles myself. I dunno why, but it reminded me of Pepto-Bismol.

I really like the coats at the end. It'd be fun to make one.

Yeah it makes me mad. It would be one thing if AMERICA made Pokemon, then Eric could do whatever he'd want w/ James and it would make sense. But when you've got James having crushes on girls and then him saying "W/ TIGHT PANTS?" and his usual gayness... god. Eric makes me really hate the show some times.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom