• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP11: A Cacturne for the Worse

I thought the episode title was "Cacturne for the Worst".

Harley finally comes to America. Too bad I already know he's a pathetic loser so it kind of spoils his threatening image in the episode.

Well, I can tell you from a commercial he's done by Andy Rannells. ...Which I hope I'm not wrong on. *halo* Commercials are so unreliable.

EDIT: Wait, nope, not wrong. Andy. Yes. .....Eeeee. *can't wait!*

Last edited:
This is up a bit early. And it is "A Cacturne For the Worse". I know because I reported it after seeng it on the title screen. Ash says it and everything.

So Harley finally appears, and 4Kids are taking no chances by keeping almost everything as it originally was. The episode itself had good pacing and was a good contest in general.

It was nice to see so much of the preliminaries. Seeing Harley’s match was good as well, even if it was really easy!

I like the backstory we get in this episode! Hearing about Miss Tent was a great way to pause from the action, and it was placed well.

It's also good to see Ash pass on the advice he got from Drake a couple of episodes ago... He had really better not lose to cockiness any more!

In all, the best contest episode that I have seen!

Ooo, the background on the boat moved~! *random observation*

....Harley can't take a compliment that isn't made to fan his ego.

XD Jesse's screaming, a potential weapon on its own.

So, a skull and crossbones is supposed to be a good sign?? x_X;;;

Damn, Harley's so conceited. XD And that Tentacool story was pretty cute. Little May? So CUTE!

And sigh, there is no disguising the narrator as that judge guy. *shakes her head*

.....I'm not really enjoying these episodes anymore. x_x They're boring.

Does the judge sound like the narrator in the original? Because I think this must be a part-time job for him!

As for the skull and crossbones... It's nothing to what they awarded Jessie in the last contest!

Trainer's Choice: What is Larvitar's final stage?
4kids's Answer: Tyranitar 4kids was right!

HO. LY. CRAP. That was the best contest yet!

• Harley makes for a great recurring character.
  • TR stayed out of the way for the most part, and missed the contest.
  • Some of the best dub music was played, and really capured the tense mood.

9/10'd

Next in the US: Claydol, Big and Tall!

This episode really, really rocked.

Harley is an excellent rival, his itneraction with May is spectacular.

It's episodes like this which is why AG is so awesome. So much great emotion and character development, this is the show at it's best.

So why was the skull and crossbones replaced with a smiley face?

And it looks like the Max clone in the audience was given a red shirt. Maybe they have spies on our board!

They also cut a shot when Cacturne was called out, when it pans back and we see that Cacturne has matched Harley's pose.

Was it just me or did Harley have a faint lisp?

And did anyone else crack up when he introduced Cacturne as his partner?

Last edited:
Few notes:

1. Jesse was off tune the whole episode. It sounded like Lillis was sick or something.
2. Did Harley say a Tentacool evolves into an Octillery? My brother sneezed, and all I heard was something like "Maybe you'll evolve into an Octillery."
3. All the middle judge says is "That was remarkable!"

I liked the episode overall. We haven't seen a psychopath since that one smooth frutie TR girl. 9.5/10.

O_O. Isn't Harley being played by the SAME guy who plays Drew? This should be interesting when we get to the Grand Festival.

Water Pokémon Master said:
1. Jesse was off tune the whole episode. It sounded like Lillis was sick or something.
2. Did Harley say a Tentacool evolves into an Octillery? My brother sneezed, and all I heard was something like "Maybe you'll evolve into an Octillery."
3. All the middle judge says is "That was remarkable!"
So I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

That's what I heard, too. Jeez, Harley! o_O
Or perhaps he didn't necessarily mean that Tentacool evolves into a Octillery, but that it's a metaphore, like Jessie "evolving into Flareon." (Although I'm not quite understanding the connection between May/Tentacool and Octillery....)

In the Japanese version, all he says is "Ya, suki desu ne!" (which means "I like it"). His name is Sukizo. Heh heh.

The closed captioning sucked this episode, dadgummit. What city did they say they were going to next?

Last edited:
I was out late last night and slept past the episode. Can someone post a sound clip so I can hear what Harley sounds like? Please?

How the hell did I miss this episode!? I should've known getting drunk last night was a bad idea. :banghead:

But I'd like to second the request for a recording of Harley's dub voice. It'll be enough to pacify me until a torrent for it is released.

Swifty said:
How the hell did I miss this episode!? I should've known getting drunk last night was a bad idea. :banghead:
But that's never a bad idea! ;)

I saw someone on SPPF say Harley sounded a bit like a rock star. XD Well, he's got the hair for it, I suppose. *considers what he'd look like in mascara*

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom