• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP10: Tanks for the Memories!

They kept the cross dressing scene in! XD

Their names are...Summer, Autumn, and Spring? Autumn being the youngest with the Miltank problem, the oldest being Summer...I think the middle one is Spring.

So, they translated the names literally. But why Spring? Why Spring? It is not a name! (it is in Japanese, but not in English)

What the hell is wrong with Brock's voice here? He sounds constipated. And the Maid Cafe is his second home? "Welcome back"? He's been there before? WHEN?

Autumn has yellow eyes. That's even rarer than purple in this show.

The line where Autumn says what her Miltank's name is wasn't captioned, skipping straight to "And I just got her."

LOL at high-pitched Wobby.

Coffee was going to save James from a caffene headache? HOW?

Ilta--that's the Miltank's name.

Haha, that was a Homer Simpson-worthy belch.

Man, the bridge going up and down was really aukwardly animated, like the infamous branch from the fourth movie.

That bridge is really unstable for something that wide and sturdy.

Oh dammit. Checking the tape at the commercial pause shows that my tape/VCR are malfunctioning and the tape's full of static even though the broadcast isn't. DAMMIT!!!

...why is Meowth dressed as a baby? That has nothing to do with any sort of theme.

"Acting angry and upset is the worst thing you can do to a pokemon, you know" OH REALLY BROCK? I'll remind you of that next time you encounter Paul (or the IMM, but Paul's more *likely* to show up).

Season names for the maids. Wow, I don't think I've heard a pokemon be referred to with a gender specific pronoun so many times before. Wobbuffet doing a fake female voice, XD. Country music in pokemon? Oh, stuff it, Zoey. Nice ep.

>_< Such a good eppy! Poor Autumn and her unrequited love...she's so cute, though!

Brock could've been there before, but then again, Maid Cafes really do want you to feel comfortable as part of the experience, ne? At least, that's what i've heard.

How come any and all outfits look amazingly cute and awesome on Dawn? Seriously, if they ever brought back her maid outfit, i wouldn't complain. But Ash was just hilarious...didn't two crossdressing experiences teach him to be more subtle? XDD He totally scared off the customers!

Poor Team Rocket; they phailed. Their attempt was interesting, though.

Pretty much the whole episode was kept. Finally all the crying that this episode being video edit could stop since half an hour ago been proof. But to me I really enjoyed the episode. Too bad Ash in the maid outfit for 30 seconds. I always wished he wore it longer. He scaring the customers was too funny.

That is really interesting how all the 3 girls are named after the seasons. I surprised to hear Spring as a name since it is my first as well. But most of the episode had the BGM replaced, sounded different what I remember, but still was ok.

Autumn is so cute, she made me laugh the whole episode about training Miltank, especially the burping part, lol.

I loved this episdoe's animation, of course. Very good.

Loved Jessie's bobble head expressions throughout the episode. I also liked her and James's maid theme disguises.

I also liked Wobuffet's female voice as a maid. Especially in the same disguise as the Claydol episdoe.

I feel bad for those poor guys just trying to get milk. FIrst a crossdressing guy and than TR's craziness.

I liked how Dawn just decided for almost no reason not to train Ampibom. Way to motivate your Pokemon for the next contest.

Loved the blatent ripoff of the Got Milk commerical at the end.

....<.< Oh tell me it ain't so.
Did anyone else hear Jason Griffith as the tall customer? *strangles*
Oh no XD I thought one voice sounded familiar..but...
well I know Amy Palant was in the episode.

Poor Sonic... erm, sorry. Wrong franchise.

You could hear Mimirol and Pachirisu's voices when Ash sent out his pokemon. Brock's voice could have been less strained. Thank God they kept Fall Out Boy outta this one.

Haha, that was a Homer Simpson-worthy belch.

Yeah. I was cracking up when I heard that.

I never expected Autumn to actually have a crush on Brock.

Wobbuffet's girly voice will NEVER get old!

Nice Marina shirt, big guy.

You could hear Mimirol and Pachirisu's voices when Ash sent out his pokemon. Brock's voice could have been less strained. Thank God they kept Fall Out Boy outta this one.

I was wondering whose those were.

But of course they did.

No wonder he didn't have a real crush on her. She obviously had some unsatifying merchandise.

They didn't keep Ash's theme >_< idiots.

Well the episode was quite entertaining nonetheless.

Wow! This was a really good episode!

I enjoyed it. :-D

It was great to see Miltank again. We haven't seen one in the dub since Johto League Champions. XD

Heh, I loved these lines that Ash said:

"Isn't this a bit over the top?" (when he wore the Maid outfit)

"Do you have something in your eye?" (to Dawn, when she was crying) XD

And that was so funny when those two customers were scared by Ash, because he was wearing the Maid outfit. LOL. XD!!

Anyway, my favorite part in this episode was when Ash was training Turtwig. I especially liked the part where Turtwig bit Ash's head! ^_^

Surprisingly, I thought Sarah did a pretty good job in this episode. Because this episode was so funny, I was able to focus more on Sarah's acting ability, her line delivery, and her actual performance, rather than the Ash voice itself. Also, I did notice Sarah change the pitch of her Ash voice, during the scene when Ash was training Turtwig. However, I have come to realize that, Sarah changes the pitch of her Ash voice probably because it's easier for her to use more emotion that way.

Anyway, Brock's voice sounded a bit "off" in this episode. I'm not sure why. O.O

And I, too, noticed how the slim customer sounded like Jason Griffith. I could tell, because his voice reminded me of Sonic. XD

What? Ash's theme played in this episode and they didn't keep it!?

Aww man, I love that song.... ;_;

Why, Pokemon USA? Why? =(

Last edited:

Well the episode was quite entertaining nonetheless.

Ash's theme is what again? Spurt? Mezase Pokemon Master?

Seeing Wobbuffet in its Claydol Big and Tall outfit was awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom