• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S12 EP12: The Drifting Snorunt!

Lethal Carnivine

TR PR/executive
Reaction score
Here's where we see Froslass...

lol at Jessie yelling at Wobbufet heh.

Froslass looks good in Takeda's ep(surprising).

Well, as far as we know that soup is poisoned...

lol, shaved ice.

Leaving piplup will be a wonderful thing....

Awww, how nice. Jessie and James are actually trying to help.

Say no Froslass...don't give Piplup back.

Why is Carnivine randomly out lol.

Well, rather mature of you Brock.

This snorunt isn't as annoying as Ash's...

That Glaile sure seems to be tough.

Snorunt is that valuable?

Well, this isn't as bad as some of the dub music.

This Glaile sure seems to be invincible.

Takeda's animation doesn't seem to hurt my eyes as much today...

Well that was smart of this poacher.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see this poacher on Hunter J's team.

Those attacks sure hurt heh.

Awww, how cute Jessie and James really cares about Meowth.

I wonder how they know Officer Jenny is coming there to help.....or if she's coming at all...orn if she even knows.

They blast off by tripping lol.

This was actually a good episode heh. Even with Takeda's animation.

Last edited:
Ah, the old "hold someone hostage and force their friends to help you" plot. Never works in real life, but in this show, it's surprisingly effective a ploy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I LOVE Twerp/Rocket cooperation episodes!

Hee! Pretty good Meowth impression there, Dawn. :-D

Oh-HO! I smell a custody battle!

Edit: well, not quite.

Pokemon Black Market?

Plus How a filler poacher can defeat the twerps and Team Rocket together?

First off, Froslass lures the entire main cast and captures Meowth and Piplup, respectively, to force them into finding a Snorunt. Ash and the others find Team Rocket, whom they had a rocky alliance, and manage to find the Snorunt. The main cast encounters a poacher whom wanted Snorunt because of the rumor it can bring its owner a lot of good fortune and riches. The entire cast fights a superpowerful Glalie and it took 5 pokemon and a wild Froslass to defeat. The group leaves Froslass and Snorunt.
TO BE CONTINUED

Dub-wise: I have no doubts that the dub will wander off from the original script (no jokes), although I am getting tired of the dub music that they keep using. 7.9/10

The dub is actually pretty good at translating the script correctly. This isn't 4Kids we're tlaking about here...

I tried to make a thread for this and screwed up. Now it says "The D" review thread cuz i can't fix the title. So close and yet so far -.- Anyway...

Piplup and Buneary look disgusting like that.....

Haha bye-bye fire.

lol hallucinations.

Aw, poor Ashy, he's so cold....*hugs*

Meowth looks kinda drunk.

Ash looks so cute in his little coat ^-^

Stupid poacher people.....

Of course, Froslass comes in and helps save Snorunt.

Overall, an alright filler.

Dang...I was hoping we'd get out of this without a Rocket doublecross...but having one go unnoticed is almost as good. ;-)

Kind of a dull story, really; not much suspense and nothing remarkable, but hey, we get RocketFriendShippy warmth and Hero/Antihero cooperation, plus lovely snowy forest instead of the ever-present green one, so it was kind of cool. No pun intended (for once! LOL)

Was it me, or did the poacher seem surprisingly...er, inexpressive, facially speaking? His animation style seemed different from the Pokemon norm. (And with that costume, I was expecting a faux-French Canadian persona <snicker>; at least we weren't "treated" to that. :p)

-This episode was good. Frosslass tricking both Ash and Co. and Team Rocket just find a Snorunt.
-I wonder what was that red stuff in the shaved ice.
-Also the poacher's Glalie sure was strong. It was still using moves after the Hyper Beam although it's suppose to recharge for a while.
-I liked the ending too. I laughed when Team Rocket tripped on ice while trying to get Pikachu.

I liked the Rocket/Twerp interaction in this thread. Good to see that some times.

This was a good filler episode, but I'm waiting for them to get to the Snowpoint gym.

This episode really makes me want to see Ash's Glalie again. Its a shame Ash's most evil looking Pokemon got little screentime.

The dub is actually pretty good at translating the script correctly. This isn't 4Kids we're tlaking about here...

Except Team Rocket of course. But surprisingly they didn't really screw them up this week.

It's ridiculous how this seems to be the only blizzard route they come across. I mean what the hell? At least they did a good job conveying what a pain in the ass that route is.

I was hoping Jessie and James would mention why they have a special hatred of Pokemon Poachers, but of course they didn't go that route.

I really loved how Chimchar kept going even though it was getting its ass kicked. Though Ash really should've just kept up with the fire attacks.

Twerps/Team Rocket working together stuff is always fun.

Anyone laugh when James talked about wanting to keep the team together? Poor James... and speaking of that, next week we FINALLY get to the episode my avatar is from! You'd better not screw this one up PCI!

This episode goes to show that Glalie is a beast, whether in the party or outside the party.

I'll do this in the "disconnected notes" style:

It's good not having Piplup in most of this episode.

Maybe Team Rocket won't try to steal anything this episode. I won't get my hopes up.

I just noticed how poorly animated Chimchar's tail is. It's not that hard to make a flame; they should have tons of experience by now.

Why would the poacher go out and say that he's a poacher? All he had to say is, "it's my daughter's/friend's/whatever Snorunt who ran away." But this is a children's show and they like to mark villains as obviously as possible.

Gah, more beam + beam = explosion.

It seems like only villains teach their Pokémon Hyper Beam these days. I wonder why that is. And they never have to recharge.

How did they contact Officer Jenny? Even if they managed it, how would they tell her where they were? If she got lost, the guy could freeze to death, or even starve. Nice job, heroes.

Team Rocket's "crime doesn't pay" line sounded conspicuously like it was not intentionally hypocritical. I mean... It had to be, but it didn't really sound like it.

Overall: just a typical Sinnoh filler. At least they're closer to the next badge if it's getting snowy. And Team Rocket broke (most) of their once-an-episode traditions. Hooray for that.
-I wonder what was that red stuff in the shaved ice.
It's syrup. Or blood.

Last edited:
How did they contact Officer Jenny? Even if they managed it, how would they tell her where they were? If she got lost, the guy could freeze to death, or even starve. Nice job, heroes.

I don't think they left the poacher until Jenny came. It would make no sense, considering he could wake up and escape. And if Jenny didn't know where they were, surely someone has some type of GPS on them. Perhaps the Pokedex for instance.

I hated the poacher's Glalie, not only because it didn't seem to go down, but because of the Poacher's tactics. Of course Ash is probably to blame for some of it, when Glalie went under Chimchar to prevent it from using dig, why stop, I mean this is a poacher he doesn't care about proper battle etiquette, if I was Ash and Glalie did that I would've told Chimchar to use flamethrower or flamewheel.

Unless of course I misunderstanding the real time frame here, while it seemed like Ash had the time to order attack after all he said "OH NO" I suppose its possible that there wasn't enough time.

I just find it annoying that they have the perfect amount of time to counter a move and they don't. While some of it is understandable, like maybe you used all your attack quota and can't order so you have to get hit, but I doubt this was the case, and there are plenty of instances where a person has used three attacks in a row or more.

I just noticed how poorly animated Chimchar's tail is. It's not that hard to make a flame; they should have tons of experience by now.
But this is Yuusaku-I've-been-working-on-this-show-since-Kanto-and-am-still-crap-Takeda :rolleyes:
To be fair though, I thought this ep's animation was better than normal for Takeda.

Yay for next week :-D

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom