• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP03: A Marathon Rivalry!

I just hope that the pokeathlon never shows it's ugly face in the anime ever again. On the bright side, if I remember right, we have 3 really good weeks coming up. Next week Ursula is back, then the conclusion to the daybreak contest and finally the Monferno episode.

At least they somewhat made up for the boring episode(it should have been banned)

Apparently Ash and Brock know what this event is.

'Bet they just made that up not to sound like morons since they were in Johto a few months/years ago.

Well this episode was boring. Once again, a game event is way different in the anime.

We didn't see everything the characters do. They do stuff off-screen. We only saw like 2-3 total days of Johto, after all.

Yeah, I wonder if Ash actually visits Pidgeot when they're off-screen.

What I meant to say was, that if it comes in the new anime series (PKMN Black and White) was that if there were Pokeathlons in that region, James could compete in them as a side story like Jessie does in contests.

Queen Cynthia said:
I must say that the idea of using scientific methods in order to try to perfect your Pokemon appeals to me.

I like how made-up terms such as "synchronicity" between people and fictional monsters can be measured using random percentages.

It's not real science silly. It's just science sounding mumbo-jumbo :)

Yeah, we already know that you don't take it seriously. How often do you have to repeat that? ;)

Anyways, sorry guys, but university is putting me under stress at the moment, so I haven't created the promised "logic/physics discussion thread" yet. But I'll do so as soon as possible!

How did Ash and Brock know about the Pokeathlon from traveling in Johto? There was no Pokeathlon when they were in Johto.

The writers probably purged the Johto saga from their memory due to disappointment from fans and somehow thought they made a Pokeathlon ep in Johto.

I think they might be refering to, "Extreme Pokemon" from Johto, where Ash and Gary raced with their Bayleef/Arcanine.

Only thing that comes close to a Pokeathlon event.

How did Ash and Brock know about the Pokeathlon from traveling in Johto? There was no Pokeathlon when they were in Johto.

Ash and especially Brock mentioned that they had been traveling around in Johto for a long time. Maybe they wanted to suggest that they picked it up somewhere.

Awful, awful episode. Honestly if this was supposed to hype up the Pokéathlon for the games, it does a really crappy job at it.

Starpator getting poked to death was amusing though.

Also, Gay Background Characters!
From beginning to end, the episode is ridden with mediocrity and overused elements. The way the scenes and the poor excuses for action flowed together felt so half-assed all the way through and horribly boring. The biggest example? Watching the part where Spoink jumped and touched the lamps. So goddamn boring.

Especially since they took a whole minute for the damn thing. Not to mention everyone bobbing their heads again and again.

I thought it was alright, although the Pokethalon was much more interesting in the games than the show. I was actually looking forward to seeing this, and I don't feel it lived up to my expectations. I think this really shows that the Pokethalon won't be focused on very much, or at all, any more in the anime.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom