• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP05: Triple Leaders, Team Threats!

Just watched the epi (well I skipped some parts but oh well XDD) I like Cilan's voice *is very happy he has the same va as my favorite movie character with a lucario ;-)*

"Connoisseur" fits more than "Sommelier". The latter is a bit more specific; it's more wine related than anything else...

Wine tasting is a profession, and just a real-world sommelier tastes a wine for its flavor, a Pokemon Sommelier like Cilan will taste a pokemon's relationship with its trainer.

Since the name is generalized as being the "expert of criticizing pokemon," as opposed to "tasting pokemon for their flavor," Cilan's dialogue might be changed around in future episodes in the dub to that end.

It still fits, but the name is more generalized than before. You might as well brand Cilan as a member of the Pokemon Fan Club, since he will be fawning over these pokemon like a fanboy now.

And is it Sy-lan or Sy-lon? ^^

It is pronounced Sy-lan.

Did anyone notice that the tone in Pikachu's voice was different after Dento picked up and said hi to it? The "pika pikaaaa" kind of had a higher tone to it in the dub or maybe it was just me.

Wine tasting is a profession, and just a real-world sommelier tastes a wine for its flavor, a Pokemon Sommelier like Cilan will taste a pokemon's relationship with its trainer.

Since the name is generalized as being the "expert of criticizing pokemon," as opposed to "tasting pokemon for their flavor," Cilan's dialogue might be changed around in future episodes in the dub to that end.

Since a connoisseur is a "critic" rather than a "taster", maybe they might change his catchphrase to fit?

"It's Critic Time!" xD

I love how Cilan's Gym is so different than Brock's. He has a fanclub, has two brothers, everything is well organized.

Misty/Brock's Gyms had poor management which is why there were so many problems in them.

I'm glad we finally see a competent Gym leader in the show for once, one who gets along with his siblings and doesn't have endless problems.

Since a connoisseur is a "critic" rather than a "taster", maybe they might change his catchphrase to fit?

"It's Critic Time!" xD

0jytW.jpg

I have no problem with anything in this episode.

I LOVE Cilan's voice! It suits him perfectly. I've also been pronouncing his name wrong. I like the real pronounciation better, actually! Pansage's voice was pretty similair to the Japanese version.

Awesome episode. No complaints!

Huh. For a second there, I thought Dent's English name was pronounced like "Cylon," from Battlestar Galactica.

Ha! Totally nailed it. A-thank you, a-thank you.

Nice :) it may still sound a little weird in Hebrew, but it surely sounds much better than "sommelier" which in Hebrew would be same as "waiter"
So... starting with this ep, the Pokémon in Who's That Pokémon actually "talk" after they're revealed? I prefered it when they didn't, but whatever...

"Pokemon Connoisseur" once again brings up the image of him eating his own broccoli monkey. XD

I like the name though.

"Pokemon Connoisseur" once again brings up the image of him eating his own broccoli monkey. XD

I like the name though.

Why does TPCi leave out people from the credits? Oh well.

Anyway, not much to say about this episode, obviously. Wasn't my favourite by a long stretch.

Episode 5: Triple Leaders Team Threats

Pros
-Cilan's(pronounced Cy-lon) voice sounds amazing!
-Chili sounds great
-Cress sounds great, and British!
-Pansage sounds so AWESOME!!!
-Pansear has a great voice.
-Panpour sounds good too.
-Dialogue is great! Especially Cilan's dialogue.
-Love how they use the Gym music from the games!
-Tepig wins it's first match!
-Osahwott's battle with Pansage was absolutely hilarious! Like Iris said, he's more bark than he is bite!

Cons
-Iris' catch phrase is just becoming increasingly annoying! Ash has never been to the Unova region once again!
-Pikachu gets his ass kicked by Panpour! He never stood a chance :O

I thought it was a great episode, and a great dub intro for Cilan. And I'm not surprised they changed Sommelier to Connoissure due to the wine reference. I can't wait for the next episode!

Connoisseur? Sure Sommelier might have a wine reference but it doesn't necessarily have to be wine related, but whatever. I guess I'll have to get used to Connoisseur though I don't much like it, it's not as fun. Whenever I hear "connoisseur" I'm going to keep thinking he's going to eat something. "You're Pikachu is going to be tasty with Ketchup, or something.

However there is a problem with Connoisseur, how can they dub Cabarnet now? She actually smells and "tries to taste" a Pokemon. That's only suitable for a sommelier (well the "smelling" part mostly). Maybe the dub shouldn't have proceeded like it did, because when they decided to change it to Connoisseur, they probably didn't take in account of BW019. But whatever.

The pronunciation of Cilan? Bleh, don't care too much about it.

Cilan's dub voice? I don't think it's fabulous enough, but I suppose it will work (it was too deep?). Well at least it isn't Sean Schemmel like I was kind of fearing. Not sure if he would nail it or not, but it would be awkward to hear Sean Schemmel throughout the series as Cilan.

As for Panpour beating Pikachu? Once again people do not know what Pokemon (anime) is all about. If you cannot see why Pikachu lost so badly, then you just need to stop watching, period? Especially with Panpour dishing out all those attacks and Pikachu not getting a hit in. Cress is clearly superior.

If anything complain about Chili's loss. I mean I didn't find anything wrong with it, because it was mostly, Ash encouraging Tepig for the win. BUT as you'll find out, Chili has to be the weakest gym leader at the Striaton City. Hell I won't be surprised if he comes back mad at Ash, with his newly evolved Simisage and creams the heck out of Ash's team, just because of the poor treatment by the writers. At the very least, he should win one battle.

I'd say Cress is the strongest, but Cilan might take that title (given future events).

Sigh-lynn. :3

Did I hear the Pokedex correctly? It sounded like the voice has been filtered this time.

Also, I never noticed, but the animation of this episode is a little off.
prettyderp.png
Is it me, or does Cilan look pretty derp? Yeah, it's probably just me.

EDIT: I like how the restaurant girls apparently carry cheerleader uniforms with them. Or does the Gym supply them those clothes?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom