• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP26: Scare at the Litwick Mansion!

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
BW26 - "Scare at the Litwick Mansion!"

Continuing their journey, Ash and his friends are suddenly caught in a downpour and hope to seek shelter in a mansion. When nobody answers the door, they decide to try and find the owners inside but with no luck and then strange things start to happen...

I still love this episode sooooo much. :-D It's both funny and pretty scary too!

I'm sad that they didn't do "Here's Jessie!". One popculture reference in the dub I would've been okay with, psh...

Awesome episode. I love how it was Scooby Doo like. Litwick are sooo cute, too bad they have other motives! The rockets were great in this episode, they were trying so hard during their motto haha. I’m glad they had a lot of screentime.

So the writers finally took advantage of a nightmare full endorsing Pokedex entry. Good for them.

I'm now very proud to be raising a Litwick on my Black team.

Speaking of teams, it's no secret that I was very concerned and upset when Team Rocket's returned to their original white uniforms and reinstated their vow to steal Pikachu when they last appeared several episodes ago, and when combined with this being followed up in the same episode with the Diamond/Pearl motto theme making a comeback and James catching a Yamask merely by being nice to it, I feared Team Rocket had gone back to their D/P era goofball ways.

Well, as others have assured me, and as I have now seen for myself, this is not the case.

While the TRio have dropped the tension and fierce conviction that coincided with their hand picked mission in which they reported directly to Giovanni (a plot which seems to have been "GS Balled" for the time being), they haven't quite reverted to the goofball antics either and based on this episode have found something of a healthy balance, though I still would have liked to seen a more decidedly serious TRio interact with Ash & Co a bit more before their reassignment. We also got the first comical revision of the new motto, which wasn't as bad or gimmicky as one may have expected.

For the first time in this series we also see Ash & Co and the TRio putting their differences aside and teaming up for the sake of escaping a sticky situation. While this has become a COMMON plot element in earlier series, here the characters seem to be taking it seriously, where as before when this happened, they barely even questioned the notion of cooperation for a common purpose, as though they were merely friendly rivals rather than long time enemies who fought many battles against each other, so I don't expect this to become a common occurrence.

Anyway, I loved this episode, the Litwick were awesome, none of the characters did anything I can remember as explicitly strange or stupid, and while I've missed several hundred episodes over the years, I think the Litwick were attempting some of the most serious harm I remember any Pokémon trying to do on a human or another Pokémon in the anime discounting the films.

Best episode since Skyarrow Bridge I'd say.

Last edited:
Cilan: But your with Team Rocket!

This episode was pretty funny, I think it would be better to feature Chandelure as well in this episode but oh well. I'm still not use to Yamask's english voice yet though.

This was a fun episode, one of my favorites from BW. The Litwicks were so cute, haha. Suki desu nee.

What about Cilan's scream? Tell me that it was awesome or not!

So we get to see TR acting at least remotely like they used to. Not much that I can say other than Unova's pokemon are evil.

This episode creeped the hell out of me, but Cilan screaming like a little girl made me fall on the floor laughing. Is it bad if I laughed at Team Rocket saying their motto while having their life energy drained? Maybe it was the music that made me laugh xD

Also, was it me or were some of the voices a little off this episode? James sounded too much like Professor Oak in certain parts and Cilan sounded a bit off to me.

This was an OK episode. It kinda felt like the evil Togepi episode, random and unique. I didn't really notice Cilan's scream though. The TRio also tried their best to do the motto.

On that part when the wall just opened up to the ghost world and turned white, there was a freaking commercial break. I just punched the pillow at my anger for its bad timing. Maybe it is a portal to a commercial break.

One more thing, when the gang and Team Rocket were battling the Litwick and the Lampent, I was kinda waiting for Iris to call out a Pokemon. Nope.

When watching this episode, I think Dwebble and Yamask has the same voice actor. Overall, this episode is good because Lampent's in it!

I don't know if this is the creepiest episode ever or the BEST episode ever! I've always liked Litwick and Lampent.

But what really made the episode was Cilan screaming like a little girl and running away scared shitless!

I found the idea of those cute little Litwick sucking the life energy out of the characters and the eventual descent into the "ghost world" to be majorly creepy. I liked how after the Pokedex finished getting through the entire description of Litwick, Iris finally realizes their position by saying "So out lives are in danger?"

It was kinda nice to see the TRio at least a little more loose than before. I give this episode a 10 outa 10!

It was probably the scariest/creepiest Pokémon episode I've ever seen. D:

But I'll have to agree, Cilan's scream made it all worthwhile.

It was a good combination of scary and funny. I just wish that Iris would have helped out when they were battling the litwick.

It was a good combination of scary and funny. I just wish that Iris would have helped out when they were battling the litwick.

I don't really think she could do much....
Excadrill won't obey her, Axew can't attack because of Scratch having no effect on neither Litwick or Lampent, and Emolga, yeah.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom