• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S15 EP12: Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 2

garrison-san

someone in the dark
Reaction score
BW060 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

On Milos Island, Ash and friends find themselves caught up in the ongoing rampage of Thundurus and Tornadus, who have been wreaking havoc upon the island due to Team Rocket damaging their sacred shrines. Their only hope now lies with Landorus, whom they have successfully summoned to pacify the other members of the Kami trio. Team Rocket, however, have their sights upon capturing all three...

205ja.jpg

Did anyone else feel like the voice actor for Landorus was about to sing while he was talking to Thundurus and Tornadus?

The way he said "Landor!" gave me that impression.

I think these two eps still show how far TR have come, but I can also understand how people would think they're rather lackluster for a two parter about a set of legends.

"How far they've come?" You mean by being completely unprepared for when Ash and his friends actually fight back (because who could have ever predicted that!?!?!), and how "having their helicopter attacked" is the exact same way they lost back in Nimbasa City? And then how they ran away when their first and only attempt failed, because they apparently didn't think to have a Plan B when dealing with a trio of legendary freaking pokemon?

Yeah, they've come a long way alright.

This week we got 6 pieces of Japanese music. There were 14 pieces in the original.

This was a pretty "meh" quality episode. The two-parter was pretty average.

The Kami trio was pretty nice. I like how their tail goes over their shoulder. Similar to my jacket.

I wonder what the purpose of the TRio catching the trio was. It's amazing how they got them, and I like their serious ways. Nice to hear their awesome motto again.

During the capture scene, I disliked the fact that they didn't think up of destroying the helicopter earlier, before they got a chance to run away. I was also thinking that it would turn into a Death Star situation (aim for the laser source!).

I really like how the trio cooperated replenishing the Revival Herbs to the island. Could easily teach little kids of how nature works.

Quite a nice conclusion of this two-parter, though I have to admit that the battle between the three legendary Pokemon could have been more intense and dramatic. For my taste there were a little bit too many "static" scenes in which not much happened while our heroes were just standing around. Here, I'm particularly thinking of the rather tedious scene at the end when the three Pokemon where reviving the land.
Nevertheless, the concept behind this story (including TRio planning their mission in advance) seemed to have been carefully thought-out and the writers put in into practice quite decently. If only the three Pokemon weren't so ugly...

Dogasu said:
"How far they've come?" You mean by being completely unprepared for when Ash and his friends actually fight back (because who could have ever predicted that!?!?!), and how "having their helicopter attacked" is the exact same way they lost back in Nimbasa City? And then how they ran away when their first and only attempt failed, because they apparently didn't think to have a Plan B when dealing with a trio of legendary freaking pokemon?

Yeah, they've come a long way alright.

Yeah, I understand that, for whatever reason, you still refuse to admit that Team Rocket have become more competent and I'm not trying to stir up the old discussion but I've got to say that you're being unfair to the Rockets!
Yes, I do agree with you that they could have protected their helicopter better but as you're obviously criticizing that they once again used a helicopter, let me ask you this: Which means of escape would YOU have used instead? Don't forget you're on a far-away island, have to transport heavy cargo AND, as if that's not enough, need to get away as quickly as possible. No matter how you look at it, a helicopter is the only possible choice.
Also, you're saying that they were not prepared and again I'd like to object. Inventing cages that resist attacks of legendary Pokemon is quite an achievement, isn't it? It also proves that Team Rocket had indeed made the necessary preparations. Now let's come back to the question if the helicopter was too weak. It goes without saying that EVERY plan, and in this case every vehicle, inevitably has a weak point.
Nobody is invincible, except for Cynthia, and to expect Team Rocket to invent a totally indestructible helicopter is a bit utopian, don't you think? As I said before, every machine has its weak point.

No, they're not more successful than they used to be but they're at least more threatening and must finally be taken seriously and that's what counts as well.

Last edited:
Queen Cynthia said:
Yes, I do agree with you that they could have protected their helicopter better but as you're obviously criticizing that they once again used a helicopter

No, I'm obviously criticizing them using a defenseless helicopter again. Big difference.

and to expect Team Rocket to invent a totally indestructible helicopter is a bit utopian

It's a good thing I don't expect that then!

Look, they lost last time because Ash and his friends attacked their helicopter. They lost this time because...Ash and his friends attacked their helicopter. Again. It's like they didn't even *try* to figure out what went wrong back in Nimbasa and decided to just try the same thing again, hoping Ash will just sit this one out or something. They didn't think to put any weapons on their helicopter, or anything to deflect their opponents' attacks. And they didn't use either of their pokemon, again! You know, the ones who can fly, have long-range attacks, and desperately need the screentime? Sure, they most likely would have been defeated, but at least they would have, y'know, tried.

And this is all going up against a trio of legendary pokemon!

(...) Sure, they most likely would have been defeated, but at least they would have, y'know, tried.

And this is all going up against a trio of legendary pokemon!

But would it have made any difference, or to put it differently, would you have acknowledged the fact that they tried? As you already said, their Pokemon would simply have been defeated anyways.
As for the argument that they could have equipped their helicopter better, well I already said that I partly agree with you on that, but tell me: How should they have done it? Even the Apache, the arguably best helicopter of the Armed Forces can easily (!) be destroyed if a missile hits, say, the rotor.
My point was that in a world where animals can breathe fire, throw stones and attack with electric shocks, you can hardly protect anything from them.

So that means they shouldn't even bother trying then?

And I already explained how they could help protect the helicopter: Use the pokemon they have rotting inside their PokeBalls. Remember them?

Queen Cynthia said:
would you have acknowledged the fact that they tried?

Absolutely.

So that means they shouldn't even bother trying then?
And I already explained how they could help protect the helicopter: Use the pokemon they have rotting inside their PokeBalls. Remember them?

And after they have been defeated, you will still say that TRio is incompetent because they didn't train their Pokemon properly.

It would depend on how the battle went down, really.

And, again, at least they would have *tried*, which is more than they did in this episode.

Wow, what an action-packed ending to this two-parter. The part where Gotherita pushed that bottle towards Landorus so he could heal was pretty intense. I really liked when the trio as restoring the land, now finally Ash can get back to battling Clay.

The only thing I didn't like is how when Team Rocket was flying away with the legendaries, Ash and co. took a bit of time to decide to attack the helicopter. I would think that by that time the helicopter would have been farther away from their pokemon's attacks, but of course all of their attacks hit and down goes the back of the helicopter and it's the end of the TRio's scheme. Oh and the last bit from Jesse when she says that they'll return to Milos Island and get the legendaries, who actually believes that's going to happen? Not I, that's fo sho.

The fighting between the Kamis was interesting, and seeing all of the Pokemon chip in to save them almost made it seem more like a war than a battle. Team Rocket gave up pretty easily, however (surprised they didn't have a backup in case this one failed). A couple nitpicks too: was Landorus actually damaged from Thundurus's Wild Charge attack? I figured it wouldn't be affected, considering it was Ground/Flying. Also, when Axew and Gothorita were being healed by that Revival Herb, which may I add seemed to come out of nowhere (deus ex machina, anyone), was it me or was Lilligant already back on her feet and perfectly fine?

Also, when Axew and Gothorita were being healed by that Revival Herb, which may I add seemed to come out of nowhere (deus ex machina, anyone), was it me or was Lilligant already back on her feet and perfectly fine?

You're right. This was obviously a mistake.

So, with today's news, I guess we might see a sequel to this episode in the future? :p

Rev up those helicopters!

actually the battle animation was epic,the battle it self was boring, each of the kami members have about 2-3 animation for 2-3 different attacks and are repeating the same animation for about half of the episode,no change.

and they animators really did made them looks uglier than what they are.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom