• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP13: Let Sleeping Pokémon Lie!

Actually, they do (well, mine do). It just flashes by quickly because there's so much text, so I have to rewind over and over to catch everyone.

Who reads Who's That Pokemon?
I think who reads is: Ash, Professor Burnet and Rotom Pokédex
Close, assuming the closed captioning is right. CC said Ash/Rotom Dex/Professor Kukui/Professor Burnet.

Actually, they do (well, mine do). It just flashes by quickly because there's so much text, so I have to rewind over and over to catch everyone.

Close, assuming the closed captioning is right. CC said Ash/Rotom Dex/Professor Kukui/Professor Burnet.
Great. @BigDocFan, please add Professor Kukui to the "Who's That Pokemon?".

Have to say, the new animation is starting to look better in my opinion, just watching the underwater shots at the beginning, the faces still don't look that good though

No previously on Yugioh!
dance.gif

They really need to upgrade Rock Throw and Ember.

Wait, Ash was training WITHOUT breakfast? this is new unprecedented levels of character development.

Random shirtless Ash. We shoujo now. Is this where that meme with shirtless Ash and Pikachu on the couch comes from?

Poor Rotom lol. Let's hope he doesn't use Thundershock and kill literally everything including Professor Kukui♀ (cuz her first name is professor and now she'll have Kukui as a surname)

Ash sure can breath under water a long time. Should've sent him and not Kukui♀, cheaper since you don't need any equipment.

And LMAO at the Ash getting punched in the face. He's had it coming. That's for stealing the Thunder of Gladian and Lille in their story arc! and now I'm sad that Pyukumuku can't learn moves like Ice Punch, cuz now we know it has a fist.

Also... Munchlax also doesn't need to breath underwater? wtf lol. All he had was eye covers.

Good job Kukui♀ has Kukui♂, or she'd get fired. Then again who's her boss lol? why hasn't her boss invited to the wedding? she's getting fired!

Wait, has the bell ALWAYS been a Bronzong? that seems harsh/painful to the Bronzong lol.

Teaching Ash how to battle when he's had about 9 million of them and saved the world three days ago. Neat.

COUNTER THAT FIRE MOVE WITH A STEEL MOVE! BRILLIANT IDEA! and jesus, Marowak's head breaking like that to use it looked REALLY painful.

That's a really pointless plant then.

Komala is my spirit Pokemon. If Ash caught one, he prob wouldn't feed it that grass and it would wake up lol.

How would Komala takes commands in battle then lol? and I actually have little clue about it. I think you can't put them to sleep in game and it has nothing to do with ability? and I don't think it can be poisoned etc?

Lol, I didn't actually see it using Samson as a log coming. Pretty funny.

THE GREAT GIOVANNI! LET'S GO FIND SOME UB AND TAKE OVER ALOLA WITH MY EVIL BFFS!

It's better than an UB! Did we see Bewear in that last arc? I don't think so. And I'm expecting Bewear to no sell the sleep lol. Or... Komala will cuz it's already asleep.

That was Wood Hamer lol? no special effects or anything lmao. And that counts as a loss for Ash.

Seemed more like Jump Kick than Rapid Spin to me lol.

I did think of Rowlett sleep battling too. And damn, now Samson is shirtless. ...more evidence of Shoujo!!!!! I suppose Kiawe and Kukui always are too... jesus, it took me this long to realise.

So much for Rowlett.

How in the hell did Rotom record all that? it moves in its sleep, I guess? that literally made no sense.

Did it literally draw on Lille's open eyes lol? or did Lille watch the video with her eyes closed? skills.

Why do they conveniently have those goggles lol?

Crap goggles if they fall off lol. At least they're extremly cute on Lille. Like she's cosplaying.

Why is the song working on them lmao. Does Komala learn sing I guess? ...oh it does, by breeding. Cool. I bet Bulbapedia doens't count it tho lol

Damn after 20 years, someone got revenge on Jigglypuff.

Why did I expect Kiawae to throw water at Jigglypuff to make things worse lmao

Jigglypuff found a boyfriend. Neat.

I guess we're back to the slice of life stuff lol. Guess I forgot I grow tired of it. Let's get to some proper battles and such.

Well, the episode was mainly just to be humorous and thankfully it actually succeeded. As someone who's never cared all too much for Jigglypuff, I really liked her here. Maybe because she finally got a good taste of her own medicine, I'm not sure, but this episode was fun. It was nice bringing back Jigglypuff to star in an episode, but also giving us a real introduction to Komala as part of the plot as well. My favorite moments were easily when the gang tried to trick Jigglypuff with the glasses and when Pokemon started singing to teach Komala the actual move.

Overall I really enjoyed this episode...but please send Jigglypuff back to Kanto... and don't bring her back. 8/10.

Wait, has the bell ALWAYS been a Bronzong? that seems harsh/painful to the Bronzong lol.
Actually, it's not a Bronzong. It's just shaped like one.
Why is the song working on them lmao. Does Komala learn sing I guess? ...oh it does, by breeding. Cool. I bet Bulbapedia doens't count it tho lol
Actually, it does.

Interesting Carrie Savage is here.

Next week since we have Hobbes, Sophocles's mother and OluOlu (if he even speaks) in Rotom's ep we might get three FUNi VA's for the price of one.

I really liked this filler episode, it was a really nice change from the dramatic Lusamine storyline. I like the funny episodes from time to time and it actually was funny especially when Jigglypuff kept coming back on a wave - I literally cried. Komala is such a good Pokemon for the anime - it just fits. Also, the gang reacting to Komala was funny too. All in all, this was a really good, well put together episode.
Jigglypuff found a boyfriend. Neat.
Funny :p. Also, I totally ship it...
.but please send Jigglypuff back to Kanto
In my opinion, I want it to stay! It was a really nice surprise and I have nostalgia from Jigglypuff. I was glad to see it come back.

9/10

As a fan of "day in the limelight" fillers, this episode did not disappoint. We get a Jigglypuff-focused episode for the first time in almost a decade and a half and we get a Komala-focused episode for the very first time. And I have to admit, I underestimated the little guy. Sure, it did miraculously win that pancake race last season but I mostly saw it as just an arbitrary bell-ringer. But we got a cute little backstory for it and a hilarious showdown with the puff which both pleasantly surprised me. The various ways Ash and co. tried to outsmart Jigglypuff were pretty clever, too. The weakest part of this episode was ironically Samson Oak himself. He's amusing in small doses, but just gets grating after a while even when the jokes are supposed to be cringeworthy. But otherwise, it's a nice time-waster and hey, the narrator's back! Missed opportunity for him to play cheeky about being gone for so long, though...

A Komala focus episode?! LET'S GO!!! :X3:

Ash rekt'd by Pyukumuku LOL. :LOL:

Kukui helping Burnet like that was so cute.

Oh so, the leaves it feeds on are the cause of a Komala's endless sleep. That's good to know. (y) Now, what happens if it doesn't get to eat them?...

Nice Samson Oak and Komala backstory. (y)

Damn Komala is a strong battler... Hmm, I guess 115 base Attack is nothing to look down upon. :p

So, Jigglypuff just gets randomly carried places by the wind. #FeelsBadMan ;):notworthy:

Komala trolling Jigglypuff was priceless. :LOL:

Fake glasses? Pretty clever, I must say. :cool:(y)

Komala learns Sing. That's great! Here's hoping we get to see it being used in future as well. :X3:

LOL Jigglypuff got a taste of its medicine. Though, Jigglypuff got to fulfill its ambition finally, I guess. Glad it was happy about it. :)

Hmm... wonder what this episode means for Lana and her Popplio.

Bewear's face though! :eek::LOL:

All in all, a pretty cute and fun episode. Liked how the writers used Jigglypuff's gimmick to focus on Komala's. I'll give it a 9.5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom