• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

Well... The Young And The Restless just resumed new episodes on CBS this week. So I'm assuming any VA work has been safely done given something like Y&R is back in production and airing.

I love Y&R, lol.

I'm definitely curious how they're moving forward with recording. It's been interesting watching the soap operas that have resumed because you can tell they're filming it with the actors socially distanced (comes across as a little awkward, but obviously it's understandable). You wouldn't notice that with something like Pokemon, where they're just recording their voices, but it'll be interesting to see if this has any impact on future episode releases (and, of course, I do hope they're staying safe no matter how they're going about recording.)

I'm not 100% sure if this is what Lisa meant but I asked her a while back when they would be returning to the studio to dub, sounded like they were

I have no problem with the episodes airing on 9/11, as tragic as the events are (massive understatement), none of the episodes airing are related to anything involved so I doubt people will be offended

If they are recording at studios again, I really hope that they're taking safety measures. Neither New York or LA are in the best shape right now. I don't live near LA, but I do live in California. I can safely say that things have not gotten any better here and it might not for quite some time for a few reasons. Having multiple people going in and out of a recording booth sounds like a really terrible idea. I'm sure that they are being safe since they wouldn't want anyone to get sick, but I'm just extra nervous about stuff like this, especially when I still feel like places are reopening way too soon in general. I love Pokemon and want to watch new episodes, but I obviously don't want anyone to risk their health to make the dub happen.

Some person might be offended somewhere in the world, for instance I don’t doubt that there’s at least one person amid seven billion people who'd be offended that anything is being done on the date at all worldwide. (It’s just an example, the population is so high and there are so many trolls that somewhere on the internet we might get some "offended" posts),

Also, I don't think any of those episodes have any unfortunate implications in them.
Well...
20200817_175529.jpg
20200817_175559.jpg

We now have the initial schedules for POP in the UK:
  • Sept. 1 at 5:40 a.m. - JN012: "Flash of the Titans!"
  • Sept. 1 at 6:30 p.m. - JN001: "Enter Pikachu!"
  • Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. - JN002: "Legend? Go! Friends? Go!"
If they keep airing one new episode every weekday, they would get to JN024 and catch up with Netflix by October 2.

EDIT: Can now confirm weekday airdates are scheduled for episodes 1-12.

Last edited:
If they keep airing one new episode every weekday, they would get to JN024 and catch up with Netflix by October 2.
Excited for episode 12 and 13 airing.

Episode 12 first, huh! What an interesting way to start POP’s run.

Can’t really complain since it’s a good one they’re kicking off with.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom