• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S24: Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

JN073: Grabbing the Brass Ring!
Airs on November 27
"A trip to the Galar region has Ash and Goh doing some surprising research about Pokémon teamwork!"
Source: TV Passport
Well, I think "brass" refers to a Falinks leader, so that makes some sense, at least.

Not sure what the "ring" is referring to though.

Edit: Oh. It's a saying. Whoops.

Last edited:
The "brass" part is definitely in reference to how the Falinks leader is called the brass, but "grabbing the brass ring" is an American figurative phrase/idiom (derived from the brass ring prizes on old carousels). It means something like living life to its fullest, or aiming for achievement and success.

I don't think it's a super common phrase now (I mean, this is the first time I'm hearing it) but there's your context.

The "brass" part is definitely in reference to how the Falinks leader is called the brass, but "grabbing the brass ring" is an American figurative phrase/idiom (derived from the brass ring prizes on old carousels). It means something like living life to its fullest, or aiming for achievement and success.

I don't think it's a super common phrase now (I mean, this is the first time I'm hearing it) but there's your context.
Now that I think about it, that title makes much more sense and I love the brass ring analogy. I remember at a carousel made in the late 1800s where you grab the ring and throw it at a target which is the first thing I thought of when I saw this title.

I guess "A Midsummer Night's Dream" was too on-the-nose for TPCi. Even though it's in public domain so there would be no problem referencing it.

JN074: Nightfall? Nightmares!
"A series of mysterious events are occurring in Sinnoh, so our heroes are off to investigate!"
Source: TV Passport
It’s a good title for a companion return, way better than Advice to Goh(Yes I am still sore about that, they brought back Gary, Infernape and Ash’s old Pokemon for a terrible title)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom