• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S24: Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

That tile sounds like another nightmare for the translators, assuming they want to keep the Alola pun...
Didn't even catch that myself, so I wouldn't be surprised if most dub translations end up ignoring it.

JN076: All Out, All of the Time!
Dec. 18, 2021
"When Ash and Goh enter a race in Alola, the other competitors go all out to make it a challenge!"
Source: TV Passport
And I thought they were making better titles. It’s ok, but doesn’t fit this episode. At least next week, we get the title of Volkner episode.

JN077: Excitement From the Ultra-Shocking Start!
Airs on December 25 (Teletoon)
"It’s time for Ash’s first Ultra Class battle, and the competition is formidable indeed!"
Huh, so it is being aired on Chrustmas Day after all. Telethon obviously isn't too concerned with ratings then.

JN078: Detective Drizzile!
Airs on January 1 (Teletoon)
"Cerise Laboratory’s research data has been deleted, and everyone is determined to find out why!"
Okay this is way better than "Panic at Sakuragi Lab"

Also it airs on New Years Day how neat

JN078: Detective Drizzile!
Airs on January 1 (Teletoon)
"Cerise Laboratory’s research data has been deleted, and everyone is determined to find out why!"
The Japanese title was incredibly generic, so I'll give the win to the dub this time.
So we're punning Detective Conan huh? Cool.
Or Detective Pikachu. :p

Night and Day, You are the Ones!
4a7dRGa.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom