• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Saddest Team Rocket release?

Saddest Team Rocket release?

• Total voters

L-05308

Reaction score
I always cry when a Pokemon leaves the main cast and I still cry at these episodes even after watching them about 20 times. Of course Team Rocket has had some incredibly touching scenes with their departing Pokemon and its such that have made me love Team rocket as much as I do today. (Although Unova team rocket can be a hard pill to swallow) Because of this I'm fairly annoyed we never got emotional exits for their final DP teams, but whatever.

Of course I'm not including Lickitung and Victrybel's exits, I'm sure you weren't in tears.

The contestants are:

Arbok and Wezzing. Jessie and James' original partners were hard to see leave. The episode was incredible emotional, showing Arbok and Wezzing crying real tears, not those silly fountain like anime tears, as the TRio fourght of a freakin' Tyranitar with their bare hands. Somehow I missed this episodes air way back when it came to the Uk and never realising they had left (and never knowing where Cacnea came from) untill I got the AG volume 2 dvd, I first saw this and sobbed,

Chimecho. Though not on the main cast very long, like with all of James's pokemon we were very aware of a great relationship between Chimecho and James. Mabye it was the Dub's song that really made this a tear-jerker, but I cryed and Cryed.

Cacnea. Like with Chimecho, we knew James and Cacnea were as thick as thieves, pun not intended. Watching James decide he was not good enough for Cacnea was hertbreaking and despite being older than before, I couldn't hold back the tears.

Dustox. The dramatic effect here was probaly Jessie's emotions. Even when sending Arbok away we didn't see Jessie like this, with it being so counteractive to who she is usually. Through my tears I developped a love for Dustox as a species, and oddly, I think this was of the main origins of Bug types becoming my favourite.

But the saddest for my will always be Arbok and Wezzing's departure from the show.

So, go ahead and admit what made you cry the most of these four eye watering episodes.

Wobbuffet, Mime Jr., Seviper, Carnivine, and Yanmega.

Saddest because they didn't get a proper release and we might never see them ever again. :(

I watched the Kuno Yubi Tomare (which I just realized was the move's Follow Me's Japanese name) part of Movie 11 today, and I teared up seeing them hanging out with everyone else. They'll probably never be seen again, outside of Wobbuffet in the new short.

I think they were all sad in their own way but Dokucale's really stood out to me, not necessarily because it was going, but because how we got more incite into Musashi's past and how she regretted some of her decisions previously and didn't want her Pokémon to make the same mistake. The release was more personal compared to some of the others like Butterfree's and I think that's what made it so impactful as a viewer.

Dokucale's release was by far the saddest, to me. Musashi smashing its poke ball broke my heart.

Also, I think we will see Megayanma and the others again, since the old Pokémon are back in the anime. We didn't -_-

Last edited:
Arbok and Weezing, I'd say. Think about it: these two have been with Jessie and James ever since the beginning, and are forced to leave their Trainers behind as they're getting whalloped by a poacher. Those real tears just silently running down their faces really touched my heart...

Arbok and Weezing. I thought those two were going to be in the show forever, so seeing them leave that suddenly was a huge shock, it's a reminder that you never know quite what's around the corner. We had seen the TRio get beaten up many times in the past, but in this episode, it was heartbreaking to see how far they would push themselves for the sake of their Pokemon.

All these years later and we still don't know what's happened to Arbok and Weezing, and that's what makes it the most upsetting of all for me. Sigh.

Dokucale's has to be the saddest. The music just made the scene so incredibly heartbreaking, and it was really confronting to just see Musashi completely break down. And when she smashes the Poke Ball.... I lose it every time. Easily one of the most emotional scenes in the entire series.

I think the episode where Arbok and Weezing were released really showed me how much I loved Team Rocket haha. So I have a special place in my heart for Arbok and Weezing, also Dustox's was very sad. I almost cried when Jessie smashed the Poke Ball, and I never cry. ):

Arbok and Weezing were definitely sad because of nostalgia for sure. They were with TRio since episode 2 and seeing Arbok and Weezing cry was really sad. Dustox's episode was such a well done episode and seeing Jessie break the Pokeball is still one of the saddest scenes from the whole anime. And I get emotional when James says goodbye to Cacnea because it showed how much James cared for Cacnea. He knew Cacnea would be better off without him which is also partly why Jessie let Dustox go. Jessie and James didn't want Cacnea and Dustox to live the lives they have to live and they want them to be happy.

I will agree that Dustox's was pretty heartbreaking, especially since Jessie had to drive the point home, but for me, there is no contest. Arbok and Weezing. Not only do they release them for their own good and for others, they sacrificed themselves in the process. It's up there with the most powerful moments in the anime.

Dustox's was the saddest for me I remember in hoenn Jessie would always take care of it and then she released it just so it could be happy.

Arbok and Weezing's release. Seemed the most emotional in my eyes.

Cacnea's was pretty deep, too.

The releasing of Dustox was the saddest imo. Jessie remembered her past and didn't want the same to happen to Dustox. And when she broke the pokeball, that scene was really sad

Back
Top Bottom