• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sailor Moon license available to the west again

Status
Not open for further replies.

fate

Reaction score
After a long period of time in license hell, Toei is offering the Sailor Moon license again.

Earlier this year, it was sold at an event in Italy, though that was called an "international" event. Not much in the way of US distributors was discussed.

Anyhow, according to Moonchase Toei has opened the license for sale over here too.

Funimation has expressed interest in the series. Now is their chance...

I think that I read somewhere else about a month ago that Toei was also offering the license to Dr. Slump. Not that I expect anyone to buy that, but it would be interesting if Funi decided to make something of that series.

I would so buy it and mess with the series for the lulz if I had the money.
But I don't.

I think that I read somewhere else about a month ago that Toei was also offering the license to Dr. Slump. Not that I expect anyone to buy that, but it would be interesting if Funi decided to make something of that series.

At the expo in Italy, yup. Wasn't featured at this one, which is sad. I'd like to see it as it's one of Toriyama's works I'm not overly familiar with.

mess with the series for the lulz

Why would you do this? DiC did a good enough job of that.

Seriously, they turned Haruka and Michiru, simple lovers, into incestuous lovers by making them "cousins".

AND WHY ARE THERE BOOBS IN AVATARS EVERYWHERE THIS IS OVERWHELMING MY MALE MIND :scared:

Oh this is some good news :D. Hopefully since FUNimation has expressed interest in Sailor Moon, this is their chance to license the series and make better work than DiC did with the series :x.

An official release of Sailor Stars?! Hot damn! I wonder if they'll just re-dub the entire series.

Can't say it appeals to me, but seeing Sailor Moon again in the west for the first time in what, ten years (?), will be a bit refreshing.

:O Seriously?

So it wasn't a rumor after all? omg...

Funimation better get this~ Haha xD

I hope they redub it entirely
Nobody could replace the original Serena voice actress I grew up hearing but maybe they'll find someone even better and hopefully it'll be aired on tv again :)

Can't say it appeals to me, but seeing Sailor Moon again in the west for the first time in what, ten years (?), will be a bit refreshing.

10 years for TV, 5 for DVD. The licenses were pulled and everything just vanished...

Funimation better get this~ Haha xD

Funi had a survey last year about projects people would be interested in. Sailor Moon was on that list and got a HUGE turnout. If Funi doesn't get this, it means they hate money. Because the sales from this would be almost as good as DBZ sales.

The kids who watched it on Toonami and probably got into anime as a whole because of it are older now, with expendable incomes.

FUNimation has really good actors, I think it would be interesting to hear Megan Hollingshead or Dan Green or maybe Bella Hudson on Sailor Moon

I hope they redo it. I realize that Usagi is a klutzy crybaby, but the dub seemed to make Serena kind of a moron... Plus that whole Uranus and Neptune "cousins" fiasco... :sweat:

AW FUCK, here comes the nostalgia wagon to pick me up.

Sailor Moon was one of my favorite anime (still is!) back in the olden days of Toonami and if Funi redubbed it correctly I would react in the same way I would react to somebody leaving a mint-condition 3DS at my doorstep: with absolute, unabashed glee.

Didn't Dan Green and Bella Hudson come back to FUNimation for Pokemon? I don't know about Megan Hollingshead but I know alot of the original Pokemon actors came back at some points but others like Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor didn't return.

Funimation never had Pokemon...

Okay okay so I made a mistake. Vivit, do you have to rub my face in it? I got the companies mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom