• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sand Stream team

Surly Old Man

Surlier than thou
Reaction score
I was thinking of building a competitive meta-game team around Tyranitar's Sand Stream. There are plenty of options for sweepers, physical sponges, choice banders and some unusual ones (like Cacturne and Sandslash), but I am having trouble thinking of a Special Sponge to use.

Sadly, the best options seem to be either Shuckle or Cradily. Any thoughts on this?

Possibly. He has nice stats, but unfortunately multiple Special weaknesses. Cradily is only weak to Ice (Special speaking) and Shuckle to Water. Even though Shuckle has a max 614 Special Defense he still has such low HP . . . Cradily has decent Special Defense (Base 107) and better HP. Cradily also has better moves for this, I think.

use skarmory for spikes/physical wall. cradily is a good idea. and armaldo can do good with knock off. knock off lefties and sandstorm. then with spikes, it will do alot of damage to them.

cradily... i guess but i've never made a sandstorm team before ;/

skarm for physicall walling though.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom