• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sarah Brightman Sings 10th Pokémon Movie Theme

Aaron was at the end of Movie 8 in the credits, so we don't know for sure if he is dead since the Anime always tries to hide deaths or twist them or do somethig to confuse us with them, and the New Island scientists probably escaped, except for the "We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokemon" guy. He didn't count, anyway, since he wasn't a huge part of the movie like this blond girl might be. :p

Maybe it's talking about the girl in the movie?
I'm pretty sure it's the last one. :p Wouldn't be the first time a movie theme focused on a very minor portion of the story though. Revelation Lugia's theme was about love, but Kasumi's little fits of rage only showed up a few times in the story.

Aaron was at the end of Movie 8 in the credits, so we don't know for sure if he is dead since the Anime always tries to hide deaths or twist them or do somethig to confuse us with them,

Aaron and Lucario were in the afterlife at the end of the movie. I thought it was pretty clear.

So...is Darkrai actually a good guy? It protects Ash and Alice.

Time for another nutty Butler prediction!

The new story outline says Alberto is trying to capture Darkrai. Perhaps he intends to try and turn the town against it by painting it evil when it is not, therefore having the illusion of stopping an evil force when he makes his move to claim it, tricking the townspeople into helping him capture Darkrai?

I think one of the main points about Pokemon is that there is no such thing as a naturally evil Pokemon. Evil is like, a purely human or human-caused trait, and they want to make a point of that. I personally don't mind this take. Sure, it makes for a perhaps overly cushy view of Pokemon, but oh well. I'll actually be glad if Darkrai isn't a villain/enemy to the heroes--the "bad guy who wouldn't be" cliche is one of the few cliches I actually rather like.

Aaaaand I realize we're turning this into just plain old discussion of the movie rather than the song, so I'll shut up now. :X

But it's *boring*. Here we have these creatures of great power and intelligence, and you expect me to believe that none of them could possibly be evil without human intervention?

Besides, Meowth said he's always evil without his trainer. People forget that he refuted Ekans' claim in the very next line.

At the risk of making this moar offtopic... I hafta say it's pretty obvious that Meowth is anything but truly evil (though he sure likes to talk big), and power + intelligence =/= capacity to be evil if things like wanton cruelty are not present in the equation. I guess the reason I'm okay with the inherent boringness/predictability of this is that it makes for some interesting theories as to why no Pokemon can be naturally evil despite their abilities and intelligence.

How about that kleptomaniac Teddiursa? It didn't have a trainer, and it stole stuff just for the hell of it. It even used its cuteness to get close to people, then basically backstabbed them.

And let's not forget Gyarados and how it goes on rampages.

Real life animals can be evil, doing things without reason against the good of the pack or whatever. I see no reason Pokemon should be any different.

Real life animals can be evil, doing things without reason against the good of the pack or whatever. I see no reason Pokemon should be any different.
Last I was aware, most animals that do behave that way, only do because of an illness or whatnot. I have yet to hear an animal that attacked one it's own kind that couldn't be explained by their living patterns or the possibility of having some mental problem.

Oh yeah, it happens. At least I've read about it. Oftentimes they're kicked out of the pack, and sometimes they start their own packs with a grudge against the original one--criminal orginizations, anyone?

How about that kleptomaniac Teddiursa? It didn't have a trainer, and it stole stuff just for the hell of it. It even used its cuteness to get close to people, then basically backstabbed them.
There's a difference between being mischievous/naughty/mean and being really evil. A typical schoolyard bully is mean; a serial rapist is evil (or insane, or both).

And let's not forget Gyarados and how it goes on rampages.
Elephants do it too, often without warning. I guess that makes them evil!

Real life animals can be evil, doing things without reason against the good of the pack or whatever.
^ Invalid argument due to one simple fact: real non-human animals can't reason. They can feel complex emotions and exhibit complex social behaviors, but they can't reason, at least not on the level of humans, and the capacity to reason at the level of humans is required in order to be what humans consider "evil".

Now Pokemon, on the other hand, ARE capable of human-level reasoning, yet all instances you can think of them being truly evil are directly influenced by people (i.e. any of the Teams' Pokemon and Shadow Pokemon), and any other bad behavior is just mischief like the Teddiursa.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom