• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet/Violet DLC

• It's a bit worrying we haven't seen any new forms or the release date yet, though there's hope that this is just the trailer that starts the news cycle and not the last one like it happened in SWSH.
  • Fezandipiti and Terapagos look amazing in 3D, and Okidoki and Munkidori at least look more detailed and less cartoonish. I think the Kitakami trio's types will be Poison/Dark, Poison/Fighting and Poison/Flying.
  • Nice to see Golett and Reuniclus, but special mention to Metagross' textures. I hope they include a way to get those camera angles in the overworld.
  • Similarly, the Snorlax in today's trailer definitely moves at an speed closer to the trainer, though knowing Game Freak I think that QoL fix is obviously trailer-only lol.
  • I don't mind the Indigo Disk's dome zones, I think is a new and interesting way to do a map. My only worry is that the Ice zones will be as hard to traverse as the ones in the base game and will have the same Pokemon over and over.

• It's a bit worrying we haven't seen any new forms or the release date yet, though there's hope that this is just the trailer that starts the news cycle and not the last one like it happened in SWSH.

I mean, Fall is still 3 months away so there's plenty of time to get more details. I wouldn't have been surprised to get nothing until August, now maybe we might be waiting until then to get the real details like release date, new mechanics/quests/facilities, new forms, etc.

I was wondering, have anyone try to analyze the symbols on the 4 corners of the logos???
The one on the lower left is the toxic chain of the loyal 3, what about the other 3 symbols.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Maybe Polchageist has an evolution line in reverse to the Sinistea line?

So Sinistea starts as a cup of tea, then evolves into the vessel the tea is stored in before it's poured.
Maybe Polchageist starts as the vessel the powder is stored in, and then evolves into the actual drink later.

It mentions in the reveal trailer how the woman drops a cup and that agains Polchageist. The cup is then zoomed in on. It then talks of the masters regret. Maybe the evolution is the tea ceremony finally realised?

Maybe Polchageist has an evolution line in reverse to the Sinistea line?

So Sinistea starts as a cup of tea, then evolves into the vessel the tea is stored in before it's poured.
Maybe Polchageist starts as the vessel the powder is stored in, and then evolves into the actual drink later.

It mentions in the reveal trailer how the woman drops a cup and that agains Polchageist. The cup is then zoomed in on. It then talks of the masters regret. Maybe the evolution is the tea ceremony finally realised?

I think Sinistea evolves into Polchageist

I’m going to be brutally honest - while I understand the DLC is basically supposed to be akin to a school trip abroad, a lot of what we’re seeing in the Teal Mask setting is so different from Scarlet and Violet, it makes me wonder why they didn’t just save some of this for the next generation? Again, I get that it’s supposed to be different because you’re literally going to a different “region” in some ways, but still. I don’t know, maybe I’m nitpicking.

I’m going to be brutally honest - while I understand the DLC is basically supposed to be akin to a school trip abroad, a lot of what we’re seeing in the Teal Mask setting is so different from Scarlet and Violet, it makes me wonder why they didn’t just save some of this for the next generation? Again, I get that it’s supposed to be different because you’re literally going to a different “region” in some ways, but still. I don’t know, maybe I’m nitpicking.

I think the DLC is hinting that region 10 will be back in Japan, not in Kitakami, but somewhere else.

I think Sinistea evolves into Polchageist

That's been deconfirmed on the website.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/poltchageist/

It may resemble Sinistea at a glance, but Poltchageist is actually an entirely different species of Pokémon.

Though Ecologically Similar to Sinistea, It’s a Completely Different Pokémon​

Poltchageist has a swirl pattern similar to the one that’s known to be Sinistea’s weak point. However, one thing that sets these species apart is that Poltchageist’s swirl is not its weak point.
After a target is sprinkled with some of Poltchageist’s powdery body or eats food dusted with it, Poltchageist drains their life-force and absorbs it as energy.

They seem to be implying that it's a convergent evolution of Sinistea and Polteageist (i.e. like Diglett/Wiglett and Tentacool/Toedscool), it looks like them and is based on them but Sinistea does not evolve into Poltchageist.

That's been deconfirmed on the website.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/poltchageist/

They seem to be implying that it's a convergent evolution of Sinistea and Polteageist (i.e. like Diglett/Wiglett and Tentacool/Toedscool), it looks like them and is based on them but Sinistea does not evolve into Poltchageist.
Agreed.

Question is though, just as Diglett and Dugtrio had Wiglett and Wugtrio, then Tenacool and Tentacruel had Todescool and Todescruel... will Polchageist be to Polteageist as Sinistea is too ???

• Toedscool, Tentacool, and their respective evolutionary lines have exactly the same base stats in the same distribution. They also have the same levels for evolution.
  • Wiglett and Diglett both evolve at the same level.
From Bulbapedia

Agreed.

Question is though, just as Diglett and Dugtrio had Wiglett and Wugtrio, then Tenacool and Tentacruel had Todescool and Todescruel... will Polchageist be to Polteageist as Sinistea is too ???

• Toedscool, Tentacool, and their respective evolutionary lines have exactly the same base stats in the same distribution. They also have the same levels for evolution.
  • Wiglett and Diglett both evolve at the same level.
From Bulbapedia

That is a bit peculiar. Convergent evos tend to match in terms of number of evolutions, naming schemes, and other more detailed stats and evolution methods as you point out. But on the website they say that Poltchageist is a counterpart to Sinistea, not Polteageist. They might've just done that so people don't think Polteageist is an alt evo of Sinistea (but then you also have to wonder why they didn't reveal the Sinistea counterpart, not the Polteageist counterpart first, were they not finished with the Sinistea counterpart's design or something?), but if there isn't an analogous Pokemon to Sinistea (Sinistcha?) that evolves into Poltchageist, this is very different from how the other convergent evos have been handled.

We're getting a lot of updates to Galar Pokemon in the dlc huh?

You know, feels kinda weird. When was the last time a Pokemon from the previous generation got an evolution one generation later? It's not a bad thing, of course. But, I noticed all the new evolutions/convergent speices in the first part of the dlc are all of Pokemon originally from Galar.

When was the last time a Pokemon from the previous generation got an evolution one generation later?
Afaik, last time it was gen 4. Lots of evos and babies for gen 3 there. So yeah, it's been a while since they followed up so quickly. Technically Decidueye got a regional form it's following gen via Legends, but that was one instance and a form rather than a new mon.

But yeah, the sudden Galar mon appreciation is definitely weird, particularly when they decided to let it all out for DLC rather than say base. Idk, as someone who really appreciates cross gen evos in particular, I'll take what I can get

Back
Top Bottom