• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet & Violet Travelog

Status of my Scarlet adventure:

To be the very best--halfway there
Stop the evil team--grinding for Poison Star Base
The Herba Mystica--two more Herba remain...

Current team at the moment:

Zelda the Kirlia (grinding to evolve to Gardevoir)
Fénix the Armarogue
Menta the Floragato (hoping she will evolve to Meowscarada soon)
Lita the wonder Pikachu
Tails the Buizel
Cuidachta the Corvisquire

Yesterday was yet another day where I made a LOT of progress. I'm talking 3 badges in one day. Not to mention 5 aced final exams! :bulbaLove:

Episode 9: Final Exams and the Final Titan

Okay so I last left off in Medali and yesterday I did the gym test which I completely misunderstood at first, but once I figured out what I needed to do, it was actually really fun. In fact, this might be my favorite gym test out of all of them. I still have one left to go tho, so maybe that'll change after I challenge Ryme. But I liked having to explore the city and look around for clues in order to properly get the correct secret order. Back to the gym though, I was really surprised to see that the regular businessman who told me about the lemon season was in fact Larry the gym leader. o_O And my gosh does this guy fit the character of a completely average joe for a Normal-type gym leader. Seriously, there's nothing standout-ish or interesting about this guy at all...I love him! He's just so plain and his occupation fits his type and personality so well.

Now I'd been going all over the place and doing other battles without knowing any future levels so I was actually overleveld when I got to Larry. Combine that with having two fighting-types and Larry was a complete breeze. I was confused on why his final Pokemon was a Staraptor though. I can at least understand the other gym leader's choices on why they'd Terrastallize the Pokemon in question as they ended up changing types which would benefit them in some way. But Staraptor was already partially normal-type, so having it Terastallize into a pure normal-type just seemed odd. Unless he literally just wanted the STAB power boost? Idk, but like I said, I had 2 fighting-types and was overleveled so I had no issue at all beating him.

After beating Larry I met adorable little baby Poppy. And this girl told me she's one of the Elite 4????!!!! :lapras: There's no way that true right? She and Rita are just playing with me, right???? How is this precious baby an Elite 4 member? I'm stunned, but either way, after my victory I also got notice that new classes were available at the academy, so I headed over to the Naranja Academy to take them. Just as Jacq said last time, we only had one last class per instructor and then our finals. I won't lie, I failed my Math and Battle Studies exams a few times and had to retake them, but I aced everything else with perfect scores. I was stunned that I passed Salvatore's stupid Pikachu cry portions because I always got those wrong in class. Either way, I then went to talk to a few teachers and Ms. Raitfort informed me of some secret legend missions I can do later, but I think I'll be finishing up my Treasure Hunt first.

After leaving the academy, I headed over to take on the final titan, the False Dragon Titan. And my gosh was this fight crazy. I was surprised that not only did I have to battle Dondozo twice, but I also had to take down a Tatsugiri! Thankfully I was healed after the 2nd Dondozo battle because I'm pretty sure most of my team had been K.O.'d and I would have been really upset to have had to take another Pokemon on with no warning and no time to heal. But we beat it, and with that I finished the Path of Legends Story.

Arven finally fully healed his stupid ugly mutt and then Sada called us over to her lab. Arven then revealed the reason he can't stand his mother is because she was never there for him and he worships that mutt because it was the only companion he had while his mom was chilling in Area Zero all day. So I finally get it now, he hates Koraidon because it was presumably what was taking all of Sada's attention away from him. He's not just a jerk, he's a neglected child. Man, I really feel for him now. I think his hatred of Koraidon is a bit much, I mean it's not like Koraidon said for Sada to neglect her son, but I can empathize with him more now. Wow, Path of Legends ended up being way more interesting than I thought it would be. :bulbaLove: But things don't end here, because Sada requested for Arven and I to join her in Area Zero...you know that place Clavell specifically BANNED all academy students from going to... Surely he would tell her this right? So why is she asking us to go. Well she said we can wait until we get some 'trusted allies' before we show up, so I'm gonna finish my Treasure Hunt before going. Besides, Arven wanted a battle to test out strength before leaving and I'm super under-leveled compared to him, so I may as well wait on that.

Instead, I headed north to battle Ortega of the Ruchbah Squad. I think this dude has my favorite design out of all of the Team Star bosses. He just looks so swaggy and I always like rich snobby smol characters in media. I raided his base without much issue, but the battle against him was really tough. I started with Charna (Armarouge) who burned Azaumarill with Wil o wisp before I called her back. Then I sent in Mija (Pawmot), thinking she could easily live a few attacks due to the burn. Nope. She took one attack, got off one Thunder Fang, which did do a lot of damage to be fair, before a follow up Play Rough took her down. I mean I know she's weak to the move, but I really thought she'd be fine due to the burn. Oh well, Azumarill was weak enough that Charna could take it down with Psyshock.

Next was Daschbun and this stupid thing was so annoying. I tried to use Wil-o-wisp, barely paying attention, having no knowledge of it's Well Baked Body ability. I missed a Play Rough attack I think. Then for some reason, like a fool I tried Heat Wave not realizing what the ability was actually doing. Only then it was too late and the stupid thing had taken Charna down with a Crunch. Since the thing was so bulky, and my entire team minus Charna are physical attackers, I had no choice but to send in Tanaranja (Maushold) to wear it down with Thunder Wave and Super Fang. Tanaranja did eventually go down but weakened the bread mutt enough that I could send in Lyran (Quaquval) to end it.

I sent in Tina (Tinkaton) to take on Wigglytuff. She avoided a Confuse Ray thanks to Own Tempo and destroyed the guildmaster with a Gigaton Hammer. Last was Revaroom and I was terrified of this thing, so I had Tina stay in to use Baby Doll Eyes as much as she could while the Starmobile took Rocky Helmet damage from each weakening hit. I had Lyran come back in next, but he got confused by Confuse Ray. He then proceeded to hit himself in confusion THREE times in a row. So even though Magical Torque (or whatever the hell the name of that move is) wasn't doing as much damage, the stupid bird still went down without landing a single hit!

I had no one left except Shrooran (Grafaiai), the only Pokemon with a super effective move. Shrooran did get confused and hit by a crit, but I healed him and THANKFULLY. He eventually was able to hit two Sludge Bombs for the victory.

After our victory we got a LOT of lore on the backstory of Team Star and everything is coming together so clearly now. Not only were the Team Star bosses victims of bullying but they were made out to be the bad guys when they finally decided to stand up for themselves. Then a single person (perhaps their big boss?) took the blame for everything and got shipped off to Galar for a year so everyone would forget. And all of the records of these events we scrubbed by the previous director which is why Clavell had no clue about their backstory! Damn, this is getting crazy and I am loving it. I cannot wait to see how this story ends.

But getting to the end will have to wait because I have one last gym battle along with a final Team Star base, at to avoid just doing two bases back-to-back, I'm next going to finish up Victory Road by battling Ms. Tyme's sister Gym Leader Ryme. Then I'll battle the last Team Star boss, Eri. Very excited to see how things wrap up.

I've done quite a lot since this last time I posted here. I went to Mela and won the battle without too much challenge. Next I went to Levincia for Iono's gym. I've got to say, though, so far the gym test is quite fun and unique so I'd enjoyed it quite a bit. Iono was actually one of the gyms I was wary about since some people here have had a difficult time with her. But I don't find it very challenging personally, for better or worse. Her Mismagius didn't do too much to my team.

After that, I went to defeat the steel titan. Once again, it wasn't too much of a challenge to my team. If I went with the recommended order I'd have to go to water gym after. I didn't since it's on the other side of Paldea. I instead challenge the poison crew of Team Star, and this time I was quite overwhelmed by Atticus. Most of my party fainted during the battle and I just won because I stale with Haaku the Clodsire. It was a stressful yet fun battle.

I also caught some Pokémon I encountered, including Zorua which disguised itself as (mostly) Pineco. I don't know what's its deal about Pineco, but I began to wonder is Pineco even available around that area. I also tried to enter the great crater from above but quickly teleported back up instead.

One last thing I forgot to mention before, some of the caves here is the best cave they've made since the transition to 3D. Two in particular that came to mind is the cave to the psychic gym's town and the one's in Glasdeo Mountain. I'm glad they moved on from making all caves linear and boring.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaxell (M) - Lv. 33 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 33 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatuff (F) - Lv. 33 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Lokix (F) - Lv. 33 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Kilowattrel (F) - Lv. 33 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 33 - Repeat Ball

I arrived at Medali and took the Gym Test there and given yet another enjoyable test. I have to say, though, that I almost got the secret menu right before even receiving any hints from anyone including the Gym Leader. The battle isn't that hard, though his Staraptor's facade nearly ended me, as Pátrica had previously paralysed it.

I went to Porto Marinada after that and attended the auction as a Gym Test. After that I have to cross the Asado Desert to arrive at Cascarrafa, so I thought why not try to challenge the Quaking Earth Titan first. I did do it and quite unexpectedly won the battle, leaving me with just the False Dragon Titan to be defeated. After that I plan to explore the desert first before going to challenge the Water Gym.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I found and caught my third shiny: a Tropius. I almost missed it since the colour is really similar to the non-shiny ones, but I'm glad I checked it with the Let's Go feature.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaxell (M) - Lv. 40 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 40 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatuff (F) - Lv. 40 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Lokix (F) - Lv. 40 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Kilowattrel (F) - Lv. 40 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 40 - Repeat Ball

Last edited:
I officially completed Starfall Street yesterday and MAAAANNNNN was the end crazy.

Episode 10: Operation Starfall Street Complete!

I did complete Starfall Street, BUT before that I actually had my final gym battle against the Ghost-type gym leader Ryme. I thought the gym test was fun and Ryme was really entertaining. Even though I didn't interact with her much, I think she's one of my favorite gym leaders. Tanaranja (Maushold) and Tina (Tinkaton) one shot all of the gym trainers Pokemon.

I ended up using Tanaranja and Shrooran (Grafaiai) against Ryme. The gym battle wasn't hard at all. We were super over leveled so we took them all down without much issue at all. Like a fool I tried to use Tanaranja's Double Hit against Toxtricity stupidly forgetting it would Terastallize into a ghost-type. But again, it didn't matter much because we were so overleveled AND we kept getting stat boosts out of nowhere. I think it was the hype from the crowd but regardless we really didn't need it.

After we got our last badge, Nemona and Geeta stopped by to invite me to the Pokemon League. But I decided to take a pass on that in order to take on the final Team Star boss, Eri of the Caph Squad. And the battle was hard as hell because I was so underleveled. I started the battle with Charna (Armarouge) and easily defeated Toxicroak with a single Psyshock. I sent out Mija (Pawmot) to battle Lucario and she K.O.'d it with a single Close Combat. Then came Passimian. Tina took a big hit, but then took it down with Play Rough. Next I saw Annhilape for the first time and didn't know anything about it, so I just sent in Lyran (Quaquaval) to battle it, and he beat it with a few Aqua Steps but took a lot of damage. Last was her Starmobile Revaroom. I tried to have Charna burn it, but for some reason it didn't effect it and Charna was K.O.'d. I'm not sure why it didn't work. But then I had Tina do her Baby Doll Eyes/Rocky Helmet strategy until she went down. Then I had Mija use Revival Blessing on Charna since she was the only one with a type advantage. Mija eventually fainted so sent Charna back out and thanks to Revaroom's lowered stats, she was able to survive enough hits to win the battle.

After defeating Eri, Team Star met their end....sort of. I had to deal with the big boss, and Cassiopeia was revealed to be the leader the entire time. I mean, I guess that explains how they knew so much about Team Star, but geez you could have just told me! Anyway, they wanted to meet me at school so I headed back to the academy. Right as I waltzed up there FREAKING CLAVELL told me he was Cassiopeia the whole time. Nah bruh, I knew this man was lying. Like seriously it would make no sense that he even could be Cassiopeia considering everything that happened. Oh and he also told me he was Clive.... But anyway, the dear director wanted a battle which I was TOTALLY underleveled for. But I was SO DAMN CURIOUS about how this story would end so I powered through the battle anyway. Long story short, Tina beat Oranguru, Mija beat Houndoom and Gyrados, Charna beat Abamasnow. Tina beat Polteageist, and Charna Terastallized at beat Meowscarda but the battle was a STRUGGLE. Just trust me on that.

And on that note, I guessed that Clavell would have the same Sprigatito he had taken with him at the beginning of the game and he did. Also, Meowscarada looks so COOL. Seriously, the Quaxly and Sprigatito lines are 10/10.

After beating Clavell by the skin of my teeth, he reveled that he just f-ing lied and he isn't Cassiopeia. Like dude, OF COURSE YOU AREN'T. With how desperate you were to get these answers it's obvious you weren't them. If wanted a battle you could have just asked! Seriously, I feel like this battle only existed to show off the last starter final evolution. Well he told me to wait until nightfall for the REAL Cassiopeia and we finally met. And it was Penny. I mean, I wasn't shocked by this because Penny just kept bringing up that she was a hacker so I feel like she wanted me to know??? Sorry Penny and Clavell, but both of you are terrible liars. Either way, she told me to battle her and basically begged me to defeat her so Team Star could be ended once and for all.

Okay sis, now let's stop for one second. You are the big boss of Team Star and all of these bozos listen to you, so WHY did you make me me go though all of this Operation Starfall stuff? Why couldn't you just tell the homies to just disband? Well according to Penny, it's because their code is essentially gospel and these bosses just WOULD NOT disband without being beaten in battle AND their big boss defeated as well. I mean, okay I guess, just seems a bit convoluted to me. But, now I see why she named the operation Starfall...she planned for a the fall of Team Star. Anyway, of course before all that was said I battled Penny and despite being underleveled we were able to beat her eeveelution squad. Shrooran (Grafaiai) even Terastallized into his Fairy-type to have an easier time beating Umbreon.

So after I beat Penny, Clavell reveals to Penny that he's actually Clive cuz I guess she didn't notice. Anyway, Clavell also brings out the SQUAD...bosses. Mela, Atticus, Giacomo, Ortega, and Eri all show up and see Penny in the flesh for the first time. Seriously, these people didn't know her real name or what she looked like for over a year and are only just meeting her now. But I love how she called them by nicknames. Well Clavell surprised me by saying that he will allow Team Star's bases to stick around for community service over expelling them. I mean, they shouldn't be expelled considering they are the victims in this whole story. I feel bad for constantly asking why he never expelled them now. But anyway, Penny told me that I can rely on her for anything and with that Starfall Street ended.

And by the way, seeing that ending screen made me realize I actually didn't finish Path of Legends, so now my goal is to finish that next. Nemona and Geeta are gonna have to wait, I need to see what's going on with Sada.

I went and completed the post-game stuff I initially wasn't ready for. Because I learned doing it would unlock higher level raids. And I did my first 5 star raid and wow, barely managed to clear it with a team of actual players. But at least I did and I added a new Pokedex entry.

My team is just over lv. 70 now and is still pretty much the same members as before (Quaquaval, Ceruledge, Dachsbun, Sawsbuck, Espathra, Pawmot), but now I've also started using a Lucario I caught before finishing the main story. It was too strong to be used before. It was lv. 75! lol But it was handy enough to use for that 5 star raid, and I had gotten it to lv. 78 at that point. Now I'm looking to get 6 star ones and access the event Charizard. I'm not a Charizard fan at all and think it's overrated and overused as crap, but this one could be useful to have. I also have a perfect counter in my Dachsbun too.

I finished both Path of Legends and Victory Road today, but my journey isn't over yet.

Episode 10: A New Legendary Champion

I decided that I wanted to finish Path of Legends today so I went ahead and battled Arven. I'm glad I ended up finishing Starfall Street first, because beating Clavell and Penny gave me the levels and new moves I needed to beat Arven. We were still underleveled as hell, but we beat him. Lyran (Quaquaval) nearly took down Greedent with a few Low Sweeps, but sadly he went down. But Charna (Armarouge) finished it off with Flamethower. Tina (Tinkaton) defeated Gargnacl with a Gigaton Hammer. Shrooran (Grafaiai) destroyed Scovillian with a single Gunk Shot. Tanaranja (Maushold) used its new move Population Bomb to one hit K.O. his Toedscruel. Dang this move is lit! Mija's (Pawmot) battle against Cloyster was epic. The first Thunder Fang paralyzed AND flinched it. Then on the next turn it was immoilized by paraylsis. Then a final Thunder Fang took it down, meaning it did no damage to her! I left her in to battle Mabostiff, but she was taken down. But I just sent in Shrooran to Terastallize with his Fairy Tera type and won.

And that was it. That was seriously the end of Path of Legends. I thought there would be more to it, but no. Beating Arven was all I needed to do. I thought the Area Zero stuff was going to be the end of Path Of Legends, but I guess not. So I guess if I would have just powered through before, I would have finished Path of Legend's story first, but I guess it makes more sense now since I've officially befriended Penny already. Mainly since Arven seems to want her and Nemona to be out backup when we eventually get to Area Zero. SO, the only thing left to do was my Champion Assessment.

I was nervous as hell to see there was an interview section before everything. I was ultra paranoid about answering a question wrong, but thankfully I never did. After my interview I was able to take on the Elite 4. Now I had no plans to officially go though these guys since I was underlevled af. I just wanted to see how far I could get and also see what types I'd be going up against.

So Rika was first. I started with Lyran who did a bit of damage to Whiscash before I swapped out for Tanaranja. They took it down with their new Population Bomb attack. Lyran then proceeded to K.O. Camerupt, Dugtrio, and Donphan. When Clodsire came out, I switched to Tanaranja to wear it down with Super Fang. After that I made the risky move to send in Charna to use Wil-o-wisp, but I thankfully she didn't miss. Since Clodsire was weak and about to go down, I decided to Terastallize Charna and finish Clodsire off with Flamethrower.

Next was precious Poppy and...my gosh they weren't lying to me. Idk how this baby got to be E4 level, but I'm not asking any questions. I had Tanaranja out first since they were the most expendable mons on my team and they easily got destroyed by Copperajah's Heavy Slam. They did Paralyze it so Lyran could Charna could take it down with Flamethrower. She and Tina were able to beat Bronzong. Mija defeated Magnazone with Close Combat. She and Tina then took down Corviknight together. Tina then duked it out with Poppy's own Tinkaton, but eventually lost. But Lyran came in and Terastallized to finish of the opposing hammer sister.

Okay, at this point I was shook that I'd actually made it through 2 E4 members despite being super underleveled. I figured I would have lost by then, but at this point I decided to push through to the end. While healing my team I remembered the fat stash of Exp. Candies I'd never used and figured to reward my team for their two victories by leveling them up to be on par with the rest of the E4. With this choice, there was no turning back.

Next was.....Larry. Okay I guess this guy is doubling up as a Gym Leader and E4 member. I was actually excited since he'd be the first normal-type E4 specialist, only for him to tell me that La Primera told him to use a different type! Boo! Whatever. Tanaranja beat Tropius with Population Bomb, Mija took out Staraptor with Thunder Fang, Tina beat Altaria with Play Rough and then Oricorio the same way. Charna I sent in to do a bit of damage with Expanding Force and she went down to a Brave Bird. Then I Terastallized Tanaranja and beat Flamigo with what else other than a Population Bomb.

Last was my man Hassel. Once again, Tanaranja was on a rampage, beating Noivern with a Population Bomb. Tina beat Dragalge and Haxorus. pretty easily. Shrooran finally made his E4 debut in the last freaking battle and took down Flapple with a single Gunk Shot. I send in Tanaranja to paralyze Baxcalibur with Thunder Wave, which worked. They were then immediately one shot by Glaive Rush (a move I'd not seen up until this point and was shocked by it's animation). But no worries, we send out Shrooran who Terastallized into his Fairy-Tera type and got a critical hit one shot Tera Blast against Baxcalibur! Man, who would have guessed catching a random little Shroodle with a rare Tera type in a Raid Den would have been so useful.

With that, my Champion Assesment only had one last portion. I had to battle La Primera. Tanaranja did a bit of damage to Espathra with Shadow Claw, but they went down, so Tina finished it off. Charna one shot Avalugg with Flamethrower and then came Kingambit. I'd never seen this thing before and had no clue of it's type. So I figured out it had to be at least part steel-type, so I sent in Charna to defeat it. Mija defeated Veluza, Tina beat Gogoat, and then finally was Glimmora, another Pokemon who I'd not seen yet and type I didn't know. So I had to wing it. Thankfully she Terastallized it so I saw it was a rock-type. So after some switching and healing, I send Tina out to Terastallized and K.O. it with a critical hit Gigaton Hammer.

So I'm officially a Champion. After I won, OF COURSE Nemona wanted a battle so we agreed to meet up in Mesagoza for it. Tina beat her Lycanroc, Lyran beat her Orthworm, Shrooran damaged her Pawmot before going down to Double Shock, another move I'd not yet seen. But Mija defeated her rival with a Close Combat after taking one herself. She then did heavy damage to Dudunsparce before fainting. Tanaranja finished it off with a Population Bomb. Tina beat Goodra after a lot of freaking misses due to Play Rough's general low accuracy and the thing spamming Muddy Water!

Last was her Skeledirge. I did a bit of damage to it with Tanaranja and paralyzed it before they went down. But Mija came in to Terastallize and get the victory. So between the E4, Geeta, and Nemona, all of my Pokemon got a final major battle to Terastallize in, which I didn't even plan at first but hey it worked out!!

I wound up in my dorm room where Arven is requesting I head with him to Area Zero, which I guess I'll be doing soon.

I'm guessing all that's left for me is to figure out what the hell is going on with Sada in Area Zero. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Would've loved to log my travels here as I played through the game, but my Watched Threads page has failed to operate for the past few weeks, so I completely forgot about this thread until just now, on the exact same day when I completed basically everything the game has to offer, aside from completing the Dex.

Anyway, I played the game basically in the "intended" order, starting with Titan Klawf and ending with Team Star Boss Eri. The lessons and post-game were pretty interesting too.

My team:
Meowscarada (Level 77; No item; Male; Flower Trick/Night Slash/Low Kick/Acrobatics; Overgrowth)
Pawmot (Level 77; Assault Vest; Female; Double Shock/Close Combat/Dig/Nuzzle; Natural Cure)
Ceruledge (Level 76; Big Root; Male; Bitter Blade/Shadow Claw/Poison Jab/Swords Dance; Flash Fire)
Tinkaton (Level 76; Muscle Band; Female; Gigaton Hammer/Play Rough/Fake Out/Protect; Mold Breaker)
Farigiraf (Level 77; Wise Glasses; Female; Psychic/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Nasty Plot; Armor Tail)
Azumarill (Level 78; Muscle Band; Male; Waterfall/Play Rough/Ice Spinner/Superpower; Huge Power)

Pokédex:
Caught: 300
Battled: 353

Here's my travelog from Discord.

Screenshot_20221206-194933~2.png

Screenshot_20221206-194933~3.png

Screenshot_20221206-195106.png

Screenshot_20221206-195154.png

Screenshot_20221206-195246.png

Yesterday to today:
Screenshot_20221206-195317.png

Screenshot_20221206-195351~2.png

Been a while since I last checked in. I just defeated Tulip to earn my 7th badge on Victory Road. It was a breeze as my Zoroark (Kuro) swept her team without taking any damage.

My team's been a revolving door since I started, but I think I might roll with these guys the rest of the way.

Lafitte (Skeledirge): Level 49
Kuro (Zoroark): Level 47
Lynx (Espeon): Level 48
Snapper (Dreadnaw): Level 47
Magnifica (Kilowattrel): Level 47
Gadget (Tinkaton): Level 46

I arrived at Medali and took the Gym Test there and given yet another enjoyable test. I have to say, though, that I almost got the secret menu right before even receiving any hints from anyone including the Gym Leader. The battle isn't that hard, though his Staraptor's facade nearly ended me, as Pátrica had previously paralysed it.

I went to Porto Marinada after that and attended the auction as a Gym Test. After that I have to cross the Asado Desert to arrive at Cascarrafa, so I thought why not try to challenge the Quaking Earth Titan first. I did do it and quite unexpectedly won the battle, leaving me with just the False Dragon Titan to be defeated. After that I plan to explore the desert first before going to challenge the Water Gym.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I found and caught my third shiny: a Tropius. I almost missed it since the colour is really similar to the non-shiny ones, but I'm glad I checked it with the Let's Go feature.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaquaval (M) - Lv. 40 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 40 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkaton (F) - Lv. 40 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Lokix (F) - Lv. 40 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Kilowattrel (F) - Lv. 40 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 40 - Repeat Ball

Alas, my lengthy travelogue didn't make it before the last maintenance, so here I am writing it again courtly. XD

So I basically have finished the first part of all three path (Victory Road, Starfall Street, and Path of Legend) without too much problem as I was quite overlevelled for the most part. I also did the midterm test after challenging the Water Gym. Now all I have to do is to confront the final challenge of the three. I plan to do the victory road first because I thought it would be the less interesting, but somehow ended up doing the Starfall Street first as I was heading to Uva Academy to take some classes and the FInal Exam.

Also, along the way I've found three shinies: a Raichu, an Avalugg, and a Cubcho. I first spotted the shiny Raichu when I was battling an exploding Forretress. Fortunately I was still able to catch it. The shiny Avalugg appeared when I was trying to catch a Cryogonal, and at first I didn't realise it's a shiny at all. Luckily its basically waiting for me to finish catching it and immediately start the fight. I also didn't really realise that the Cubcho is a shiny, as it was in the evening and that made the colour of all Pokémon looked different. Fortunately I was able to catch all three of it and I think I now have more shinies in one game than I have ever had up until SwSh.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaquaval (M) - Lv. 62 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 62 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkaton (F) - Lv. 62 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Lokix (F) - Lv. 62 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Kilowattrel (F) - Lv. 62 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 62 - Repeat Ball

As of today, I've beaten the main story of Pokemon Scarlet. I started playing last night, but didn't get to finish until this afternoon after work.

So, I really didn't realize this final portion was going to be a whole final story. I thought we were gonna head down to Area Zero for like 20 minutes, find Sada who'd explain some lore on Koraidon, and then we'd dip out. But I mean, I'm down for it.

Now, I first things first, I LOVED the friendly banter between Nemona, Arven, and Penny while we were in Area Zero. Like seriously, they had such funny conversations. I literally stopped running and would slowly walk around or just stand in place just so I could make sure I didn't miss their conversations. I really wish we could have seen more of this trio interacting with each other over the course of the main story. Of course we know Arven and Nemona already were familiar through each other, but we still didn't see that much of them interacting after the Treasure Hunt began. And Penny we never see interacting with anyone aside from ourselves. I would have loved to see Penny interacting with the others, at the very least at the academy. I also loved how they would battle with me to take on the different bosses as we traveled to Sada's lab.

Okay, so after taking 10 years to get to Sada... it turns out that Sada is actually dead. Like what? I'm sorry, this chick DIED like a year or so ago. Well, I guess that really explains why we never saw much of her in the trailers. So, AI Sada explains that Arven's mom was killed by an ancient Pokemon a year ago, meanwhile this robot Sada has been trapped in Area Zero waiting to be shut down, because apparently the REAL SADA was actually crazy and wanted to bring the ancient Pokemon to the modern world. And she sacrificed herself to save our Koraidon when he was getting beaten the hell up by the SECOND KORAIDON that AI Sada has......OOOOKKKAAAAYYYYY.....

Anyway, since real Sada was nutzo and programed AI Sada to battle me should anyone try to stop the time machine, I had to battle her and MAN it was tough. I had to retry like 10 times, maybe even more. After many losses, I decided to use the last of my remaining rare and exp candies, some stat boosting drinks, and a few TMs to beef up my team just the tiniest bit and we eventually won. Here's how the showdown went down.

So first things first, I had no clue of the types of most of her team, so much of this battle was trial and error of simply trying to figure out who would be best to use against who. Eventually I theorized that Slither Wing must have been a bug/fighting type so I sent out Charna (Armarouge) to battle it. Her slow ass took a lot of damage, but was able to OHKO it with her newly learned Armor Canon which she only learned thanks to those candies. Next was Brute Bonnet, who I guessed was grass and dark type. I sent in Mija (Pawmot) to hit it with Close Combat, but sadly she wasn't strong enough to take it down, and then fainted to Earth Power. Lyran (Quaquaval) was able to finish it off with Ice Spinner. Tina (Tinkaton) was able to destroy Scream Tail, who I knew was part fairy from a previous battle, with a single Gigaton Hammer while barely taking any damage. Next was Sandy Shocks. This was the one that kept sweeping my team and causing me to lose. I assume it is a ground/electric type and my team is heavily weak to ground, plus this thing kept outspeeding everything I had. I finally came up with a winning strategy. Use two rare candies to get Tanaranja (Maushold) to level 65 and then teach them Giga Impact to do major damage. I knew they could live at least one hit as they had been previously, so with their boosted speed, I started with Population Bomb with the hopes of using Giga Impact the following turn to take it to super low health. Well, that was totally unnecessary since a single Population Bomb luckily hit 10 times (with the last hit being a crit) and that was just enough to get the win!! I was SO SO SO happy when I finally saw this stupid little thing faint.

Finally, I'd gotten to her 5th Pokemon, Flutter Mane. I know Arven and I battled one before we got in, but I didn't remember anything that could indicate its type. So I chose to wing it with Shrooran (Grafaiai) and just go for a Sludge Bomb. And he one shot it. I'm not even joking, he outsped and literally oneshot the thing before it could do anything. I was beyond happy, but also nervous by this point. One mess up and I was done. I also assumed Koraidon would be her last Pokemon, since we saw her with it, but it was actually a Roaring Moon. I assumed it was at least partially dragon-type, so I sent out Tina first. I started with a weak Fake Out, and planned to go for Play Rough, but since this thing had an item that boosted its attack, I decided to go for a Baby Doll Eyes. It still wound up taking Tina down with Earthquake. I sent in Tanaranja next to paralyze it with Thunder Wave and slow it down. They then fell to Dragon Claw. So I decided to use my secret weapon. I sent in Shrooran, Terastallized him into a Fairy-type and......ONE SHOT THE THING WITH TERA BLAST!! Finally I'd won!! All thanks to my rare tera type Grafaiai

After that win the Paradise Protection Protocol began so I had to battle it's Koraidon with my own. I really liked how the battle was formatted like a Titan Battle, creating a nice connection between Sada and Arven. And thanks to the cheers of my friends (and their stat boosts) and Terastalliation I was able to win. I nearly lost though. Like seriously, it used Giga Impact and took me to 1 health! Thank goodness I still had max potions. So after winning, AI Sada decided to head to the past in order to save the region, and me and the homies decided to head back home. I thought this was an interesting ending, as there really was no true villian in this game. I mean, unless you include the deceased Sada, but still, it was pretty unique. Either way, I really enjoyed playing Scarlet and I'll be happy to check out the post game soon.

Final Team:
Lyran (Quaquaval) [Male, Lv. 64, Item: Mystic Water, Poke Ball]
Mija (Pawmot) [Female, Lv. 62, Item: Magnet, Premier Ball]
Charna (Armarouge) [Female, Lv. 63, Item: Quick Claw, Dusk Ball]
Shrooran (Grafaiai) [Male, Lv. 63, Item: Poision Barb, Nest Ball]
Tanaranja (Maushold) [Lv. 65, Item: Silk Scarf, Heal Ball]
Tina (Tinkaton) [Female, Lv. 63, Item: Rocky Helmet, Heal Ball]

My latest day in playing Violet was spent in collecting new Pokémon for my Dex, including evolving some of the Pokémon I had previously caught and then cursing myself when I soon after would find them in the wild anyway, meaning I had wasted all those Exp. Candies for nothing. Perhaps the best find of the day was also the last one: finding a wild Blissey during my last attempt of finding one before turning off the game. My Dex now has over 360 caught Pokémon, and I'm starting to approach the point where I'll need trading in order to get any further.

PS. I just found out that Poké Maniacs have the Pokéstar Studios logo on their shirts. Nifty.

I nearly lost though. Like seriously, it used Giga Impact and took me to 1 health! Thank goodness I still had max potions.
The fight is actually impossible to lose. Your dragon will always survive any blow in this battle.

So, a funny thing happened last night. I defeated Grusha to get the final badge, and then took down the False Dragon Titan. I tried to battle Arven, but was too under-leveled to beat him. At some point between all of this, I made a lineup change, swapping out Gadget for my Dachsbun (Manna). I decided to do a trial run against the Elite Four just to see how much stronger my team needed to get. Again, this was supposed to be a trial run; I expected to lose early on. Instead, I made it all the way through on the first attempt without using ANY healing items or revives in battle. That’s not to say it was easy. Here’s what my team looked like right after I defeated Geeta.

31D37B7B-2D95-41B6-8A5A-487C26688ACF.jpeg
Anyway, I’ve since defeated Nemona and Arven and completed the Team Star story. Now I’m heading to Area Zero to see what’s up with Professor Sada.

Alas, my lengthy travelogue didn't make it before the last maintenance, so here I am writing it again courtly. XD

So I basically have finished the first part of all three path (Victory Road, Starfall Street, and Path of Legend) without too much problem as I was quite overlevelled for the most part. I also did the midterm test after challenging the Water Gym. Now all I have to do is to confront the final challenge of the three. I plan to do the victory road first because I thought it would be the less interesting, but somehow ended up doing the Starfall Street first as I was heading to Uva Academy to take some classes and the FInal Exam.

Also, along the way I've found three shinies: a Raichu, an Avalugg, and a Cubcho. I first spotted the shiny Raichu when I was battling an exploding Forretress. Fortunately I was still able to catch it. The shiny Avalugg appeared when I was trying to catch a Cryogonal, and at first I didn't realise it's a shiny at all. Luckily its basically waiting for me to finish catching it and immediately start the fight. I also didn't really realise that the Cubcho is a shiny, as it was in the evening and that made the colour of all Pokémon looked different. Fortunately I was able to catch all three of it and I think I now have more shinies in one game than I have ever had up until SwSh.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaquaval (M) - Lv. 62 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 62 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkaton (F) - Lv. 62 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Lokix (F) - Lv. 62 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Kilowattrel (F) - Lv. 62 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 62 - Repeat Ball

Just finished The Way Home yesterday and I get what people meant by Area Zero giving a Xenoblade vibes. Now I'm hunting for the ruinous stakes after catching Chi-Yu...Ching-Lu...the Ruinous Beads. And while I'm at it I also caught a shiny Sligoo, which makes it the 7th shiny I have in the game. I also attempted 2 solo 5-star raid in hope of finding Sweet Herba Mystica for...the Home EC teach, one is a failed attempt and the other is not but I didn't get the Herba Mystica.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaquaval (M) - Lv. 71 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 71 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkaton (F) - Lv. 71 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Lokix (F) - Lv. 71 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Kilowattrel (F) - Lv. 71 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 71 - Repeat Ball

I have three gym badges now. Iono is evil. Very evil. Spamming X-Sp.Defs on my Dolliv seemed to work to counter all of the Mismagius's Charge Beams.

Between that whole nonsense and the Truleewoodo, I think the Tera gimmick has been pretty interesting so far. I'm curious to see how the other gyms use it.

Also, my coin count is at 350. I taught my Gimmighoul Hex; I have never been so happy to use a TM in my life.

I've started filling up my Pokedex some more now that I seem to be done with post-game stuff for the time being. Took me a while to find a blue flower Flabebe lol. I like that color best, so I always go for that one for this line.

I also started finding these mysterious glowing stakes in the ground in places a while back and I'm assuming these are related to legendary Pokemon, and I'm still finding them. Hope I get something from them soon. I do not want to be spoiled on this side quest itself, but if someone could tell me where in the game I can find more information on these Pokemon, if I can at all, that'd be great.

I also started finding these mysterious glowing stakes in the ground in places a while back and I'm assuming these are related to legendary Pokemon, and I'm still finding them. Hope I get something from them soon. I do not want to be spoiled on this side quest itself, but if someone could tell me where in the game I can find more information on these Pokemon, if I can at all, that'd be great.
Ms. Raifort, the history teacher, will tell you more if take all of her classes.

Back
Top Bottom