• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ScatterBrainShipping (Ash/Kotetsu).

Likeitornot.

realisation
Retired Staff
Reaction score
ScatterBrainShipping is the name for the belief of a pairing between Kotetsu and Ash. Kotetsu, who debuted in BW093, met Ash at the end of the Junior Cup and quickly became friends with him, and it was discovered that he too would compete in the League, but was missing a badge, which Ash requests to watch the battle that'll have him obtain it. Now, Kotetsu is in the Higaki Conference (Unova League) as a competitor, along with Ash.

Personally, I think it's such a lovely shipping and their similarities help its tangibility. I also love how their friendship is and how they bond in BW094.

So, are there any takers? If so, what is your favourite hint so far?

Kotestu is one of the only people Ash has ever hugged.

And they had some really sweet moments in that episode before Kotestu's gym battle when they were hanging out in the woods together, and, erm, in the sauna at the Pokemon league. Aw :3c

Yeah, the first half of BW094 was really sweet, as it did focus on their whole bonding session, but yeah, the scene I think you're referring to comes at the end, which is quite lovely in addition.

That sauna does quite a few people some favours, if you catch my drift. However, my favourite moment in the Unova League (so far!) is when Ash is aghast that Kotetsu didn't register yet and drags him down to the registration office, even after the announcement. He seems more keen to get Kotetsu to enter after the deadline than Kotetsu himself. XD

I like the ship, the episode your talking about Likeirornot is kind of what got me into this pairing.

I like the ship, the episode your talking about Likeirornot is kind of what got me into this pairing.

BW103, the beginning of the league? If so, yes, that includes a scene, as I aforementioned, is affable to me. Especially that Ash gets tired of his reluctancy, and grabs his wrist just to bring him there. Your avatar is from that episode, I notice. Ash does pull off some brilliant facial expressions in that scene.
Unless, you're talking about BW094... if so, I much preferred when Ash saves Kotetsu because it was right after Ash compliments him and he blushes. Ah.

i find it interesting that they both have a member of the same evo line (ash's unevolved and koestsu's fully evolved) showing Ash could learn a few things from kotetsu.

@Mars Rules; Yeah, that certainly is a similarity they have in one sense, and an interesting one at that. They could give one another tips, but I think Mijumaru'll never evolve, so I don't think that'll be on the table.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom