• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

She hasn't been forgotten! ***SPOILERS***

Doctor Oak said:
My guess is that they were just wanting to start afresh. Besides, Ash already beat Gary - he acheived his long-term aim and thus the character of Gary was made rather redundant.
Agreed.

I just wished they'd taken note of that with Brock's character. >.>

Ash really did need a rival, though. A proper rival, of course. It helped add something to his character. Now he's sort of useless(except as sex appeal for crazy fanboys/fangirls >.>)

Doctor Oak said:
My guess is that they were just wanting to start afresh. Besides, Ash already beat Gary - he acheived his long-term aim and thus the character of Gary was made rather redundant.

That was just the one match though :p In my book it's 1-all, since Ash's defeat to Gary outside Oak's lab. I reckon Ash is living off that inside since if he ever played Gary again, he'd know he'd loose.

Is it 100% confirmed that Meowth's VA is a girl?? I still find that hard to believe. Didn't Meowth's VA also do the voice of Lt. Surge?? I can't believe that Surge's voice was done by a girl ^^. He/She sounded like a guy to me on the 4th movie commentary track.

Is it 100% confirmed that Meowth's VA is a girl?? I still find that hard to believe. Didn't Meowth's VA also do the voice of Lt. Surge?? I can't believe that Surge's voice was done by a girl ^^. He/She sounded like a guy to me on the 4th movie commentary track.

She WAS a guy, is now a girl. I believe he's also written comics about being a transexual, besides her voice work.

Yeps, I think I had read about that somewhere...
Not that it bothers me since I get to see the Italian dub (even though in the recent eps, Meowth's VA suddenly changed *cries*)

what!?!?!? O_O. That's even weirder than just him turning out to be a girl to begin with. now the question is, was he/she still a guy when the 4th movie comentary was recorded??

At least we don't have the problem here we have with the SPPf version. It's been hijacked by the nutzoid gay shippers who are discussing Roxanne's exploits.

Back on topic. A Cameo, like with everyone else. Doesn't mean a thing.

The Big Al said:
At least we don't have the problem here we have with the SPPf version. It's been hijacked by the nutzoid gay shippers who are discussing Roxanne's exploits.

Back on topic. A Cameo, like with everyone else. Doesn't mean a thing.

Shut up, Al. I'm not a nutzoid, and I'm proud of being one of those evil 'gay shippers' you seem to hate so much.

And I didn't hijack it. I simply said in jest that I know what lesbian Gym Leader I wanted to appear watching Ash, and it wasn't Misty. It was just a little joke. It was you that started it all by calling me a sicko.

Anyway, like I said over at Serebii. I THINK that this means Misty won't be coming back. Like... ever. Because if she was, she would have appeared in person to meet Ash.

They're probably making Oak and Ash's Mom (and I guess Misty) not visit Ash for so long because like someone before said, he's in a farther away land than ever before and to make a future reunion more dramatic. The "reunion" can be a very powerful tool in a story if done correctly.

Oh well. I don't see troubles with it anyway. Ash will meet them in Pallet Town. Probably he will go home. I hope, Misty will join to him again^^ I'm not a big fan but I would like to see them together (again).

Whether he goes home or not depends on what they decide to fill the period between Summer and November with. If it's a filler season focusing on the Sevii Islands, Ash will go home. If it's a filler season focusing on Battle Frontier, Ash will probably go right there.

I can, however, see D/P's season being like Johto - a reunion between Brock, Misty and Ash with them going on through D/P's land together again. Personally, that team of 3 is the best team in the entire series. I love the chemistry between Misty, Brock and Ash, and Pikachu of course. Seeing that return again would be great.

Duh, maybe May will go with them? She is very popular and I think, writers won't take her from anime. It would be a mistake =/

Brock and Misty need clearly defined goals along that of May's before they bring them back. The show can no longer be carried by Ash alone because his lone quest has gotten too show. It needs to continue to be an ensamble show rather than the old main character supported by two other characters who never do anything.

Rocketshipper said:
what!?!?!? O_O. That's even weirder than just him turning out to be a girl to begin with. now the question is, was he/she still a guy when the 4th movie comentary was recorded??

Er, I don't have a clue about that -__-"
I haven't even seen the US dub of the 4th movie anyways, sorry +P

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom