• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Encounters In B/W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a shiny Foongus, my DS suddenly was turned off. Oh how much I wish I still had that Foongus..

Still no sign of a shiny. >_<
I have, however, caught two pokerus-infected pokemon.

Found a shiny Foongus, my DS suddenly was turned off. Oh how much I wish I still had that Foongus..
egdp0.png

I caught a Patrat shiny the other day. Was really strange as I'd never caught one before and I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on with the opening animation. Then when I saw the star and the red dex number I figured he was a shiny. Plus he had blue eyes and his color was a bit different, and was very hard to catch.

I've also seen Professor Juniper's (the daughter) Mincinno as a shiny... while it was in the story introduction... misfortune.

O__O That can happen?! Wow. I've heard of the dreaded Uncatchable Shiny Poochyena/Zigzagoon/Starly at the beginning of RS/E/DP immediately after picking your starter. I've heard of Wally catching a shiny Ralts. I've heard of Professor Juniper catching a shiny Patrat. But I've never heard of Juniper's Minccino being shiny, let alone in the story intro! Was it still shiny when she caught Patrat?

With a mustache?

O__O That can happen?! Wow. I've heard of the dreaded Uncatchable Shiny Poochyena/Zigzagoon/Starly at the beginning of RS/E/DP immediately after picking your starter. I've heard of Wally catching a shiny Ralts. I've heard of Professor Juniper catching a shiny Patrat. But I've never heard of Juniper's Minccino being shiny, let alone in the story intro! Was it still shiny when she caught Patrat?

With a mustache?

Oddly enough, it wasn't shiny when she went to "teach" me how to catch Pokemon.

I found a Shiny Tabunne/Audino on Route 10 in White today! :D I was training my Mienfoo and Fraxure when it appeared! Anyone wanna suggest a nickname for it? It's male btw.

Last edited:
Sadly, I've yet to encounter a shiny in White...
I won't give up until I've found one! :p

I found and caught a shiny Heatmor yesterday in white. I was very happy :)

I found a shiny Basculin while I was EV training. Shame that it doesn't look that different, but meh, a shiny is a shiny :p

Still no sign of a shiny after 200 hours. 3 of my Pokédex sprites are shiny, though. (Shinies transfered from SS)

I've hatched a shiny Munna before.

Really,what I wanted was Zoura eggs,but I forgot the whole "female-is-egg" thing,so I got munna eggs.So I go with Munna.Besides,shiny Musharna is cool.

So 2 days later,I'm on my 8th batch of eggs.Some guy wants to trade.Fine with me.I head to the second city,and on the bridge,and a egg hatches.

It was a munna.

Not pink.

GREEN.

After only 45 eggs the beauty appears and I scream "OH MY GOD" through my whole house.

The Munna was Rash,but it doesnt matter.It was my first ever egg shiny....

I've never got too much luck with shinies.Why is it I never find them and about 100 people can find them in a flash?:c

Dont forget Soft Resetting. I havent gotten any shinies in B/W(japanese) althought I SRed Oshawott for a while. I plan to do the same when I get my English games starting with Tepig.

Also I thought this would be helpful for Shiny Hunters

The Shiny Checked List:
Victini
Reshiram/Zekrom
Zorua and Zoroark( Zorua can be bred to be shiny)
Mystery Gift Pokemon
Dream World Pokemon
Sorry I'm late but Zekrom and Reshiram are unattainable shiny unless from dream world

edit: NEVERMIND I WAS STUPID AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT SHINY CHECK WAS

Just there now I was walking into Wellspring Cave and a Shiny Woobat just popped up. My first random shiny out of any game :D

I just dislike how the most common shinies to find seem to be of weak pokemon.

Well, not true. Each pokemon encounter has a 1 in 2^13 (8196) chance of being shiny. It's just dumb luck. I've seen people get shiny Deino, and my friend got a shiny Landorus.

So you're correlating anecdotes with a general trend, which is not statistically valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom