• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GEN VI: Shiny Kanto Mon

Still Probably Modio

generally on hiatus now
Reaction score
Hi guys! I decided it'd be a neat idea to try to complete the Pokedex with both the regular forms and the shiny forms of Pokemon!
I do not want to keep them, only to register them in my Pokedex and Mega Evolve them if possible.
In return I can briefly lend you a different Shiny, a legendary or any other dex fillers you require. Here be the list of Shiny Pokemon from the Kanto I need!
  1. Bulbasaur
  2. Ivysaur
  3. Charmander
  4. Charmeleon
  5. Squirtle
  6. Wartortle
  7. Caterpie
  8. Metapod
  9. Weedle
  10. Kakuna
  11. Pidgey
  12. Pidgeotto
  13. Rattata
  14. Spearow
  15. Ekans
  16. Sandshrew
  17. Nidoran
  18. Nidorina
  19. Nidoran
  20. Nidorino
  21. Clefable
  22. Vulpix
  23. Jigglypuff
  24. Wigglytuff
  25. Paras
  26. Persain
  27. Growlithe
  28. Arcanine
  29. Abra
  30. Kadabra
  31. Machop
  32. Magnemite
  33. Magneton
  34. Seel
  35. Dewgong
  36. Grimer
  37. Muk
  38. Shellder
  39. Cloyster
  40. Gastly
  41. Haunter
  42. Drowzee
  43. Hypno
  44. Krabby
  45. Kingler
  46. Voltorb
  47. Cubone
  48. Marowak
  49. Hitmonlee
  50. Hitmonchan
  51. Lickitung
  52. Rhyhorn
  53. Rhydon
  54. Kangaskhan
  55. Goldeen
  56. Staryu
  57. Starmie
  58. Mr. Mime
  59. Jynx
  60. Electabuzz
  61. Magmar
  62. Pinsir
  63. Magikarp
  64. Porygon
  65. Omanyte
  66. Omastar
  67. Kabuto
  68. Dratini
  69. Dragonite
Again, these will only be a trade-trade back thing. If you have other shinies you'd be willing to trade-trade back during the process, that'd be much appreciated! Hopefully I'll be able to finish off the Pokedex altogether with shinies one day.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I decided it'd be a neat idea to try to complete the Pokedex with both the regular forms and the shiny forms of Pokemon!
I do not want to keep them, only to register them in my Pokedex and Mega Evolve them if possible.
In return I can briefly lend you a different Shiny, a legendary or any other dex fillers you require. Here be the list of Shiny Pokemon from the Kanto I need!
  1. Bulbasaur
  2. Ivysaur
  3. Venusaur
  4. Charmander
  5. Charmeleon
  6. Charizard
  7. Squirtle
  8. Wartortle
  9. Blastoise
  10. Caterpie
  11. Metapod
  12. Butterfree
  13. Weedle
  14. Kakuna
  15. Beedril
  16. Pidgey
  17. Pidgeotto
  18. Pidgeot
  19. Rattata
  20. Raticate
  21. Spearow
  22. Fearow
  23. Ekans
  24. Arbok
  25. Sandshrew
  26. Sandslash
  27. Nidoran
  28. Nidorina
  29. Nidoqueen
  30. Nidoran
  31. Nidorino
  32. Nidoking
  33. Clefairy
  34. Clefable
  35. Vulpix
  36. Ninetales
  37. Jigglypuff
  38. Wigglytuff
  39. Zubat
  40. Golbat
  41. Oddish
  42. Gloom
  43. Vileplume
  44. Paras
  45. Parasect
  46. Venonat
  47. Venomoth
  48. Diglett
  49. Dugtrio
  50. Meowth
  51. Persain
  52. Psyduck
  53. Golduck
  54. Mankey
  55. Primeape
  56. Growlithe
  57. Arcanine
  58. Poliwag
  59. Poliwhirl
  60. Poliwrath
  61. Abra
  62. Kadabra
  63. Alakazam
  64. Machop
  65. Machoke
  66. Machamp
  67. Bellsprout
  68. Weepinbell
  69. Victreebel
  70. Tentacool
  71. Tentacruel
  72. Geodude
  73. Graveler
  74. Ponyta
  75. Rapidash
  76. Slowpoke
  77. Slowbro
  78. Magnemite
  79. Magneton
  80. Farfetch'd
  81. Doduo
  82. Dodrio
  83. Seel
  84. Dewgong
  85. Grimer
  86. Muk
  87. Shellder
  88. Cloyster
  89. Gastly
  90. Haunter
  91. Gengar
  92. Onix
  93. Drowzee
  94. Hypno
  95. Krabby
  96. Kingler
  97. Voltorb
  98. Electrode
  99. Exeggute
  100. Exeggutor
  101. Cubone
  102. Marowak
  103. Hitmonlee
  104. Hitmonchan
  105. Lickitung
  106. Koffing
  107. Weezing
  108. Rhyhorn
  109. Rhydon
  110. Chansey
  111. Tangela
  112. Kangaskhan
  113. Horsea
  114. Seadra
  115. Goldeen
  116. Seaking
  117. Staryu
  118. Starmie
  119. Mr. Mime
  120. Jynx
  121. Scyther
  122. Electabuzz
  123. Magmar
  124. Pinsir
  125. Tauros
  126. Magikarp
  127. Lapras
  128. Eevee
  129. Vaporeon
  130. Flareon
  131. Jolteon
  132. Porygon
  133. Omanyte
  134. Omastar
  135. Kabuto
  136. Kabutops
  137. Aerodactyl
  138. Snorlax
  139. Articuno
  140. Moltres
  141. Zapdos
  142. Dratini
  143. Dragonite
  144. Mew
  145. Mewtwo
Again, these will only be a trade-trade back thing. If you have other shinies you'd be willing to trade-trade back during the process, that'd be much appreciated! Hopefully I'll be able to finish off the Pokedex altogether with shinies one day.

I got Nidoqueen, Zubat, Poliwrath, Machoke, Tentacruel, Electrode, Exeggute, Chansey and Horsea.

Wunderbar! Are there any Pokemon in particular you need for dex-filling? Legandaries, events, starters, etc? Would you also mind if I were to evolve some of them to hit numerous birds with one stone? If you need I can trade them back to you before evolving them again in the case of Zubat.

Yeah sure. Im not trying to get all shinies in my Pokedex but Id like some entries too for the heck of it so could I have shiny Golbat and Seadra in my Pokedex too?

I completed the national dex a few days after Pokebank came out in Japan with the power of GTS so I dont need any dex entries but I think "briefly lend you a different Shiny" is the way to go for me.

Alright, perfect. I'll add you and we can trade. I'll give you some placeholder mon for you to hold on to until I get the ones that need to evolve done, so all in all should take no more than half an hour to finish up completely. My friend code is in my signature and my IGN is Derry.

Alright I see you added me back. Also in case youre wondering why my Exeggcute and Horsea have weird names its because I got them via trades. Also I think I will trade you the evolvables last and trade the already evolved ones first. Sound good?

Perfect; once I finish evolving them I'll trade you again, and do a quick trade back for them to get their data before trying to evolve Golbat and Chansey. The others will be easy enough.

These Breloom dont look shiny but I find the people here more trustable then some other websites cough but alright I will wait. The Horsea will be multiple tradebacks in itself though...

These Breloom dont look shiny but I find the people here more trustable then some other websites cough but alright I will wait. The Horsea will be multiple tradebacks in itself though...

They're not shiny, but if you want I can give you a couple of other Shinies to hold on to in the mean time. That may take a while though as I'm levelling up Zubat and Horsea in the Restrant Le Wow at the moment. And I'll just give Horsea a Scale thing, whichever one makes it evolve, and trade back twice.

Alrighty; also, I think I'll just give you them back as they are for the ones who aren't from the Kanto; I'll come back to you when I move on to Johto.

Well there ya go. Not too many shinies even though in my opinion I have too many shinies from Kanto. At least I made somewhat of a dent in your list.

I can lend you Blastoise (holding Blastoisinite), Nidorino and, after I evolve it, Nidoking. I'd like to borrow a couple of legendaries. I'm still looking for tracebacks for Jirachi, Manaphy, Mew, Latias, Meloetta and Shaymin, so it'd be great if you could help me with this.

We can take a break between trades so you can Mega Evolve Blastoise and I can regularly evolve Nidorino. We'd have to trade Nidorino back and forth first though. I also have some non-Kanto shinies btw, these being: Luvdisc, Chandelure and Spoink.

I can trade for the next couple of hours and my info is in my signature. I hope we can help each other out!

Last edited:
The only one of the legendaries that you mentioned that I have is Latias, so that's a start. I'll be able to t/tb the others with my Shiny Jellicent, Luxray and Golem for the other shinies you mentioned. I'll add you now too, my info's in the sig too.

I can trade back these lol it will take a while though and I need to charge my ds XD I need to see if I still have some on pokemon black real fast too. I have pokebank though so I can trade them if they are. I also have all the legends that can be shiny except genesect. I have a lot more shiny pokemon but I need to check my game to list them.
Charizard
Blastoise
Butterfree
Beedril
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Sandshrew
Nidoking
Clefairy
Ninetales
Oddish
Parasect
Venonat
Diglett
Meowth
Psyduck
Growlithe
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Bellsprout
Tentacool
Geodude
Ponyta
Slowpoke
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Gengar
Onix
Koffing
Tangela
Seaking
Scyther
Tauros
Lapras
Vaporeon
Flareon
Jolteon
Kabuto
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Moltres
Zapdos
Mew
Mewtwo

Last edited:
I can trade back these lol it will take a while though and I need to charge my ds XD I need to see if I still have some on pokemon black real fast too. I have pokebank though so I can trade them if they are. I also have all the legends that can be shiny except genesect. I have a lot more shiny pokemon but I need to check my game to list them.
Charizard
Blastoise
Butterfree
Beedril
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Sandshrew
Nidoking
Clefairy
Ninetales
Oddish
Parasect
Venonat
Diglett
Meowth
Psyduck
Growlithe
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Bellsprout
Tentacool
Geodude
Ponyta
Slowpoke
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Gengar
Onix
Koffing
Tangela
Seaking
Scyther
Tauros
Lapras
Vaporeon
Flareon
Jolteon
Kabuto
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Moltres
Zapdos
Mew
Mewtwo

Well this will certainly help me with the dex XD Is there any particular Pokemon you need to help fill your dex? And if we do trade all of these guys, I think it's best I give you a Pokemon in return for the first, then I give you the first back for the second, the second for the third, etc etc to prevent it taking twice as long. For the Pokemon that evolve like Odish, Diglett, Venonat or Mega Evolve like Gengar and Charizard and so on, I'll need to hold on to for a little longer to evolve them, but you have my word as a BMGF veteran that I won't steal them. Also for Pokemon that evolve using an item during a trade, I'll give you their respective evolutionary item back too (i.e. send onix with metal coat, i'll attach a metal coat to a different mon later) :p I'll add your friend code, mine's in my signature! I'll probably be available in 16 hours or so.
Also, do you happen to have Mewtwonite Y, to let me Mega Evolve Mewtwo in both formes?

Charizard
Blastoise
Butterfree
Beedril
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Sandshrew
Nidoking
Clefairy
Ninetales
Oddish
Parasect
Venonat
Diglett
Meowth
Psyduck
Growlithe
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Bellsprout
Tentacool
Geodude
Ponyta
Slowpoke
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Gengar
Onix
Koffing
Tangela
Seaking
Scyther
Tauros
Lapras
Vaporeon
Flareon
Jolteon
Kabuto
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Moltres
Zapdos
Mew
Mewtwo

Well this will certainly help me with the dex XD Is there any particular Pokemon you need to help fill your dex? And if we do trade all of these guys, I think it's best I give you a Pokemon in return for the first, then I give you the first back for the second, the second for the third, etc etc to prevent it taking twice as long. For the Pokemon that evolve like Odish, Diglett, Venonat or Mega Evolve like Gengar and Charizard and so on, I'll need to hold on to for a little longer to evolve them, but you have my word as a BMGF veteran that I won't steal them. Also for Pokemon that evolve using an item during a trade, I'll give you their respective evolutionary item back too (i.e. send onix with metal coat, i'll attach a metal coat to a different mon later) :p I'll add your friend code, mine's in my signature! I'll probably be available in 16 hours or so.
Also, do you happen to have Mewtwonite Y, to let me Mega Evolve Mewtwo in both formes?

I didnt really want some of my pokemon to evolve till I trained them myself. plus some have moves Id like them to keep XD the ones you mentioned like oddish and digglett I dont care if you evolve them, but some like Growlithe meowth and clefairy (also not ever evolving my Scyther cause I dont care for scizor)I need to train before evolving them due to them being on teams of mine. :3 Edit: Scratch that I do have Mewtwonite Y on X. XD I forgot I traded it. Also I have Venusaur and poliwag forgot to add those

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom