• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Chance Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far my shinies are in the field egg group until I captured a shiny Geodude.

I saw a shiny sentret once.

That was years ago,so I panicked,and thought my game was messing up.

I ...RAN.

I have three shinies that I got myself:
- A Rattata I painstaingly bred/soft-reset for.
- A Porygon that popped up while I was trying to get a Modest natured one.
- A Magikarp I just found randomly on Ruby.
I have a few more, but they were traded for.

Last edited:
I'm so awesome.

1 shiny seen in a few hundred hours of gameplay on numerous games.

>_>

I just caught a Shiny Machop in Emerald. My first Shiny Pokemon I caught myself. It's also the first shiny I've seen since the Red Gyarados.

I got a shiny Clamperl in Emerald not TOO long ago... I was looking for Relicanth to get the Regis with and I was looking away from my screen because I saw it was a Clamperl, and when I heard the little twinkle I nearly dropped my game :eek: I caught it and it was even a good nature (Adamant). So now it's a level 50 Huntail :)

Crap... you're all so lucky... I also thought an aron with red eyes was a glitch so i released it soon after i caught it. Soon in my pearl i caught a shiny Golbat in Victory Road. It's a lvl 53 crobat now.

The shinies I've had or still have were:
Mantine (GSC)
Entei (GSC)
Breloom (RSE)
Machamp (RSE)
Alakazam (RSE)
Pelliper (RSE)
Crobat (LG)(named Tia)
Luxray (DP)(named Izzy)
Manatric(DP) (named Kappa)
Umbreon (DP)(named Renji)
Espeon (DP) (named Kon)
Absol (DP)
Roserade (DP)
Flygon (DP)(named Akane)
I only chained for the Umbreon, Espeon, Absol, Manatric, and Roserade. The others were random encounters

I have a LOT of shiny Pokémon. Where to begin, where to begin....

4 shiny Linoone (two of them caught as Zigzagoons, one caught as a Linoone, one hatched from an egg from Pokemon Box), a shiny Ditto (caught on that route east of Fuscia City (I keep forgetting the number)), a shiny Nidoking (shiny Nidorino in FR's Safari Zone), shiny versions of the final evos of the first three generation's starters (Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert), a Salamence I caught as a Bagon in Meteor Falls on my 14th birthday, the 4 Regis, Western Gastrodon, Drifblim, Magneton, Magnezone (Magneton was at lv. 100 since way before Magnezone was even thought of), Camerupt, Solrock, Leafeon, Glaceon, Flareon, Espeon, Vespiquen, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Aerodactyl, Armaldo, Omastar, Kabutops, Tauros, Weezing, Crobat, Vileplume, Wigglytuff, two Machamp, Pelipper, Gyarados, Ninjask, Shedinja, Crawdaunt, Claydol, Kingler, Mismagius, Wobbuffet, Kangaskhan, Metagross, Gardevoir, Mightyena, Aggron, Raichu, Sudowoodo, Arcanine, Persian, Starmie, Dusknoir, Electrode, Steelix, Plusle (formerly Duking's), Roserade, Glalie (female, but evolved way before Froslass existed), Tyranitar, Skarmory, Porygon-Z, Smeargle, Shuckle, Toxicroak, Dragonite, Ludicolo, Delcatty, Hariyama, Azumarill, Hypno, Raticate, Fearow, Octillery, Spiritomb, Staraptor, Hippowdon, Chimecho, Garchomp, Rhyperior, Donphan (got off GTS), Gallade, Marowak, Unown J, Abombasnow, Dustox, Ariados, Bellossom, Dugtrio, Rapidash, Pachirisu, Kecleon, Rotom, Golem (got from my cousin), and 3 Wormadam (one of each form). This list is not in chronological order- I can't even remember the exact order in which I obtained each shiny- all I know is that a Zigzagoon was my first (not from Box), and Shuckle was my second, and that the three Wormadam were most recent.

And before anyone asks, no, I will NOT trade any of my shinies. It took me YEARS to amass this collection, capturing, hatching, and SRing for (and in Plusle's case, recieving) these things. There are only three shinies I didn't get myself- Donphan I traded for on the GTS, Golem came from my cousin, and my friend was playing my FireRed version at the time when Dunsparce appeared.

I once ran into a shiny Zigzagoon, but had just wasted all my Pokéballs in a failed attempt to catch a Manectric.

I once saw a shiny Crawdaunt-in the Battle Tower.

Recently I ran into another shiny Croagunk in the Great Marsh, but this one fled.

I had another shiny Fearow and a shiny Arbok on my FireRed at one point- until the game reset (not the same save file my Dunsparce came from).

I got a shiny Phione, a shiny Gengar, and a shiny Slowbro off the GTS, but I released them, as they were all blatantly hacked (Phione and Slowbro were caught at lv. 99 on Route 202, Gengar was caught in Turnback Cave, but in a Cherish Ball, and I also had gotten a Seviper that wasn't actually hacked- I actually traded it away in one of a large chain of transactions that eventually led to me getting the shiny Donphan.

Shiny Electrode from New Mauville in Sapphire "Brave" and now at level 50 with Selfdestruct, Thunder, Spark and Charge

Shinies I've had: Medicham in Pearl(blue instead of pink), Mankey in Fire Red(darker color than a regular Mankey)
Shinies I have: Tentacruel in Pearl(green instead of blue)

Shinies my brother has had: Shinx->Luxio->Luxray in Diamond(yellow instead of blue)
Shinies my brother has seen: Geodude in Diamond(sort of a golden color), it selfdestructed before he could catch it)

I tend to name shinies "Shiny".

The first two shinies I caught were both fighting-type.

I used to own a shiny Corsola, but traded it for a Groudon, I currently have a shiny Spearow, don't ask, but I'm hunting for shiny Dittos.

Three shinies in my entire Pokemon career. Granted, this only spans R/B/Y, G/S/C, and FR/LG in depth while I've only scraped the surface on R/S/E and D/P, but still.

Gyarados (G/S/C) - Obviously, it was kind of handed to you on a silver platter.
Tentacool (G/S/C) - First shiny ever. Saw it, thought it was kinda crazy looking, caught it.
Ditto (FR/LG) - I think the only reason I found this was because I was obsessively hunting for Dittos in Cerulean Cave to breed with my Vaporeon in hopes of making and Eevee. I literally caught like ten of them. Found a shiny amongst the bunch...exciting. ^_^ Well, then infuriating when it, like all my other Dittos, wasn't fond of my Vaporeon and they failed to breed me any Eevee eggs.

only shiny i ever got (outside ROMs) was a golden poochyena cute little guy =) i soon had him as a golden Mightyana but i currently cannot find my emerald version that he is on. i have 2 emerald versions, and i'm afraid when i reset one without first searching my PC i may have erased the poor thing. but if i find my other copy i'll know for sure, then i'll move him to my diamond version.

Ya I got really lucky one day. I saw a shiny phampy, natu and giraffig in the safari zone. caught the Natu, phampy and Giraffig ran though

and then my game shut down.....

First time I saw a shiny was on my emerald game on the computer, it was an electrike. I thought it was something wrong with it, I had never heard of anything such as different coloured pokémon, but I still caught it because.. well why shouldn't I had caught an odd cool looking pokémon xD
also got a shiny lotad in emerald (another file). I was looking for a female poochyena to breed with and that lotad just showed up.
And in my diamond game I found a shiny raticate.. wasn't so fond of that though because I hate that pokémon, and it's even uglier like shiny then normal. I've started my game over since then and haven't seen a shiny yet, I've tried getting some with the poké radar, but no success.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom