• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he means raining in real life, but how does that affect one's chaining?

I think he means raining in real life, but how does that affect one's chaining?

It refers to the game, and how it affects chaining is very obvious if you've actually done it in the game. With the terrible weather conditions, it makes it hard for you to see which patches of grass are shaking on the screen.

So, fun story...I was chaining Porygon and got up to 21 and on the 22nd um...patch choice...I went to the farthest patch and a shiny Roselia was there.
Freaky.

It refers to the game, and how it affects chaining is very obvious if you've actually done it in the game. With the terrible weather conditions, it makes it hard for you to see which patches of grass are shaking on the screen.

Yeah, but with Absol?

The only place I've ever successfully chained for shinines was in the grass behind the Mansion. It's how I found my Shining Plusle and Minun pair. ^^ Currently, I'm trying for a Shining Pichu, but I keep farking up on the chaining. *blush* I have also, however, found a Shining Fearow while just randomly using the Poketore while I was EV training - stepped in the grass, used it once, and the flashing bright patch of grass was right there with no effort required. XD

Absol finally swarmed in my game too. I've always had a lot of trouble with it for some reason, but this time I got to 40 on my first try and I caught 2 shinies so far. But I have NO idea why it would be raining in your game... are you sure you're on the right route (rt. 213)? Well I guess you would know cuz either you'd either be seeing wild Absols or you wouldn't...

Hm..raining? are you sure, did you try to exit the route and going back?
maybe it was a minor glitch...have you ever cloned?

no, he was refering to the game...
right?

I mean in the game.. Yup, the right route.. Tried chaining the Absols, but couldnt get far coz of the weather.. I tried exitting the route like a zillion times, but it was still raining.. And NO, I have never cheated in my Diamond.. You mean it wasnt raining in your game?.. Hey, it's not fair.. I thought it was raining because Absol always appear before some disaster (according to the Pokedex).. lol..

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I've been watching this thread for a while but haven't posted yet and i felt that my most recent achievement deserved a post. Yesterday i had beldum swarming for me and after several failed attempts at getting a nice chain going (had chains break at 25, 30 and 33) i finally managed to hit the 40. After using many repels i saw that wonderful sparkly patch and luckily i had a spare master ball on hand :D. Also found 2 more but 1 killed itself with struggle and the 3rd one i accidentally ran from >.< If anyone wants some tips then ill be happy to pass on some wisdom.
I had a magnemite with magnet pull in my first slot to help draw out beldums and dont chaining in the evening, its almost impossible. Dont be afraid to break some of the rules and last of all just have patience :).
I hope ill be able to report on some more chaining experiences soon.

arcashinx, PM me, i think i can find out whether its ahcked or not
(ive got lots of hacks from gts and ive gained that from all my trades XD)...(course i released all those hacks)

I'm currently chaining Bannettes.. They're quite hard to chain.. But I'll try again tonight.. They appears more at night, right?.. Anyway, I'm filling my 4th box of shinies now..

the swarm of today was absol, i tryed them and hit the 40 easy, i started resetting and the first shiny came near 34 resets, it is was a naughty female*i named her whisper*
i resetted more and number 2 came, a female too *named wonder*, a few resets later another shiny patch *with again a femaleXD* but i killed her:( i forget it was shiny, number 4 came a long time later *finally a male* i caught it with my last pokeball*i used all my pokeballs on it* and nicknamed him disaster*it was a real disaster to catch*
i broked my chain on 45

*quick review*

chain: absol
shiny's i saw: 4
shiny's i catched: 3
reason of breaking the chain: i ran out of pokeballs

I had 25 max repels. I had to ev train my rhyhorn in hp do I thought chaining and defeating bidoof would be an easy way to ev chain. I got to 40 in about 5 minutes but left because my ev training was finished. I fealt so stupid afterwards.

Well... you were only missing out on Bidoofs... haha.

I know this topic has been pretty dead, but I haven't had much to say either. I really haven't been chaining much lately. I was EV training something on Wobbuffets but the chain broke after 37. Blah, who wants a Wobbuffet without encore anyway?

I was actually looking for Nidorina though... anyone know where those actually swarm?

Nidorina...arent those one of those inserted firered game ones?
i think so...nidoran on route..uh...i forget XD

Nidoran can be found on route that Dawn/Lucas is facing.. Just use the pokeradar there and enter the sparkling patch..

I've been chaining Sneasels lately...
My highest was about 13 before a stupid Noctowl got into my chain :/
I wanted a shiny one, lol. It's pink, therefore, awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom