• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

it seriously is annoying . i tried breeding my dragonite for a shiny but its alot of work

Charizard just grab one of your GBA games and softset instead it's a lot easier trust me.

good luck to with that mission,im going on again in search of ralts wish me luck

Break a leg lol. Or a bidoof's neck if it gets in the way lol XD

sorry....I was trying to chain a Bagon but I couldn't even make it up to chain 10.

i got 12 on psyduck earliar,its not one of my favorite pokemon but a shinys a shiny.

Wow it has been another long absence. University started back on the 12th so I have no time cause those lecturers have come out this semester with a vengeance. Edo-kun, do not worry yourself too much about the houndoom, it is cool. Whenever you get it done drop me a line. It is so great that everyone is having such a good time chaining. Whenever I get some spare time I hope I can get lucky. I really want an adamant shiny metagross. Happy chaining everyone.

Last edited:

^ its great to see you back!

I havnt been doing much chaining, ive been waiting for my beldum swarm.. but no luck

Howdy folks -- been a while since I posted here; but, even though I haven't been checking in, I have been chaining recently. I really wanted to get a shiny Rhydon (my nemesis in chaining) before Platinum is released here in the States. I just knew that once Platinum came out I would be busy for quite a while playing the new game and not concentrating on chaining so I decided to really make a big effort to catch a shiny Rhydon. The haze and falling ash up at Stark Mountain definitely makes for challenging chaining -- for me anyway. I found I was able to better see shaking grass patches by tilting the upper screen toward me rather than looking at it straight on.

So after many breaks at early stages of chains I finally got into range (36 in the chain) to start resetting. I just didn't want to go farther than 36 because I've had so many chains break in the high 30s. So I furrowed my brow and set about resetting. I enjoyed some fantastic luck in approaching the 36 in my chain with several steps into unseen shaking patches that appeared as Rhydons. This luck continued through out my resetting and capturing of shinies -- to the point where I even started getting the ridiculous idea that maybe EVERY shaking grass patch was a Rhydon. I was able to capture 32 shiny Rhydon before encountering cold hard reality -- not every shaking grass patch was a Rhydon!! It was quite ironic really because even if I had encountered a 33rd shiny Rhydon I wouldn't have been able to capture it -- all the slots in my PC system were filled! I still have a bunch of those 52 shiny Magnemites I caught this fall hanging around!

I was trying an experiment. I had a fainted Adamant Kirlia (with Sync) in the first position with a fainted Impish Abra (with Sync) in the second position followed by my trusty Marowak. What I was hoping was that having the Impish Ralts in the second position would increase the chance of getting Impish Rhydons that weren't synced by the Adamant Kirlia. It didn't work -- none of the 32 were Impish, about 1/3 were Adamant. The best one has 30 IVs in ATT and DEF.

Not sure where I'm going here -- maybe Skarmory (physical wall) or Chansey (special wall). Still fantasizing about an all shiny battle team.

So that's my report. A big Howdy to Totoro -- glad to see you've been posting here recently. I always found your comments helpful and supportive.

Happy chaining to all.

Ok, so there I was going about and minding my own business. I am playing Emerald just to get the legendaries to add to my Diamond game (I wanna reset for good natures and possibly shinies). Yeah so I was just trying to race through the grass on route 120, just following the game's storyline when, just like that... I ENCOUNTER A RANDOM SHINY ABSOL!!!! I mean, the last time I saw a random shiny it was a golden graveller in Diamond and it exploded on me. Well you can guess that I caught this one :) It has a decent nature too (hasty) but I am yet to check its other stats. This is so cool!

Ok, so there I was going about and minding my own business. I am playing Emerald just to get the legendaries to add to my Diamond game (I wanna reset for good natures and possibly shinies). Yeah so I was just trying to race through the grass on route 120, just following the game's storyline when, just like that... I ENCOUNTER A RANDOM SHINY ABSOL!!!! I mean, the last time I saw a random shiny it was a golden graveller in Diamond and it exploded on me. Well you can guess that I caught this one :) It has a decent nature too (hasty) but I am yet to check its other stats. This is so cool!

In my sapphire game I hatched 5 boxes of absols , and not 1 was a shiny :( and I've NEVER encountered a random shiny :(
But congrats on your absol =)

Congrats Shining on your random shiny Absol - I've never seen a shiny without chaining (like Freddie).

I have a shiny Magnemite with your name on it.

Hasty, wow! That's a pretty good nature for an Absol. If you ever train it competitively, make sure you put Fire Blast on it for those damned Skarmory, Forretress, and Scizor!

I think I might try chaining Bidoof today... or something else easy. What are some things you guys have chained that are pretty easy?

I found chaining miltank extremely easy , although its been my only successful chain ever... It never broke once =) put after I got my shiny it broke straight away =\

What are some things you guys have chained that are pretty easy?

My first success with a non-swarming Pokemon was Ponyta in the area half way down Route 214. I have since revisited and easily picked up a few more Ponyta. I recommend Ponyta -- not only from my experience as an easy Poke to chain -- but also the shiny looks cool with flowing blue main and tail. A lot more impressive looking shiny than my recent shiny acquisition -- Rhydon. The shiny Rhydon is even more boring than the normal one!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom