• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

Supreme Leader Palpitoad

The Toad of Honor
Reaction score
Do you like the idea of Ash not using Pikachu in Kalos and leave him with Oak? Do you think that XY anime has a bigger chance of being good then?

Ash isn't ever going to leave Pikachu. If I was him, I wouldn't either. The two are the best of friends and inseparable. Not to mention that Ash's X/Y artwork shows him with Pikachu, so that confirms his appearance.

No way. You can't break the two of them up. They're best friends. You'd either have to get rid of both of them or keep them both. They're the staple of the show and have been since the beginning. Plus there's the whole Pikachu is the mascot of the Pokemon franchise thing so yea.

But I get that'd it'd be cool to see Ash with a brand new team of 6, could make for a more dynamic team. But in the end it would not feel right at all. And that's coming from someone who doesn't really like Pikachu that much

Should he leave Pikachu?
yes

Will he leave Pikachu?
no

Do you think that XY anime has a bigger chance of being good then?

Leaving Pikachu at the lab won't stop the writers from being any less bad...

Might as well write Satoshi off altogether at that point. Absolutely pointless.

Last edited:
It wouldn't make any sense; it would ruin the whole show. Ash and Pikachu have been together for the entire show and it would break everything. Pikachu is perfect for Ash, and there's no reason to separate them.

No. Even though I find Pikachu to be much more annoying in recent times, I can't see Ash not being with him. After all of this time of them being together, Ash leaving him behind now would just be totally weird. I also can't see any possible way as to how the series would improve without him. Not that any of this matters as Pikachu is already confirmed to be in the next series.

I would love for Pikachu to be Oak'd/Killed off but it won't ever happen.

You do know that if he left Pikachu, he'd have no pokemon left on his current team to help him catch the XY pokemon right? Besides that, Pikachu is already confirmed to be in the XY series. There's literally no point in discussing this.

Also hell no, I like Pikachu.

Well, we know for a fact that he won't be left behind, and honestly, I don't know why he should be. In the games, you always start with new Pokémon because you're supposed to be a different trainer, but if Pokémon were real, would you leave your first Pokémon, who's also your best friend, behind? I wouldn't. And the writers being bad has little to do with Satoshi still having Pikachu and more with them trying to experiment with bad ideas and reusing their bad ideas over and over again.

Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise, so he will never be at risk of being kicked out of the show.
Even in-universe that would be a pretty dumb move since Pikachu already proved many times to be one of Ash's strongest Pokémon (at least, in the end of his journeys).

No, Ash leaving Pikachu is like Ash without an arm.

It just isn't pleasing on the eye.

Do you like the idea of Ash not using Pikachu in Kalos and leave him with Oak? Do you think that XY anime has a bigger chance of being good then?

That's like asking, should the knife, ditch the fork? The two just go together always have always will.

There are 5 characters who make the anime, they will never be gotten rid of. These are Ash, Pikachu, and the Rocket Trio.
They tried getting rid of the Rocket Trio, I think it lasted for 12 episodes before they caved in and brought them back.
They tried changing the Rocket Trio so they weren't really the Rocket Trio anymore, that lasted longer, but eventually they saw sense and brought their real selves back.

If they couldn't get rid of/change Team Rocket, they definitely won't be able to get rid of Ash, Pikachu, it'd kill of the show for good.

Last edited:

That's like asking, should the knife, ditch the fork? The two just go together always have always will.

There are 5 characters who make the anime, they will never be gotten rid of. These are Ash, Pikachu, and the Rocket Trio.
They tried getting rid of the Rocket Trio, I think it lasted for 12 episodes before they caved in and brought them back.
They tried changing the Rocket Trio so they weren't really the Rocket Trio anymore, that lasted longer, but eventually they saw sense and brought their real selves back.

If they couldn't get rid of/change Team Rocket, they definitely won't be able to get rid of Ash, Pikachu, it'd kill of the show for good.
Sadly, that is true. Why can not the show build on Palpitoad? Then at least I would be happier!

Don't be silly, guys. It's pretty damn obvious that the only reason they gave Pikachu so much focus in BW was to write him off. The Mewtwo movie was a way of introducing Ash and Mewtwo together so they can be travelling partners in Kalos.

(Srs time though, I don't want Pikachu gone. I like the species and Pikachu, while overused, isn't a scene-hog with an obnoxious personality. I think he's a good, mature addition to the cast, and I think that he adds a lot to the show.)

I agree about that he is cute and he has been in the show a long time and it would feel empty without him but sadly he is extremely overused. Hope that he will sit back for most of the battles in XY.

No, Satoshi and Pikachu are like, best friends forever, he leaving Pikachu behind would be the weirdest thing to ever happen in the anime.

I do think he should avoid using Pikachu in Gym Battles, though, just for the sake of our entertainment.

Not at all. Ash and Pikachu are best friends and they've been through so much together. There's no way that they'd every separate. It would be too hard on both of them and not to mention completely jarring to see. Plus, there is the issue of Pikachu being the mascot of the entire franchise, so they aren't going to get rid of it. I wouldn't mind if it was used in fewer Gym battles though since it would give the other Pokemon a chance to shine, especially when Pikachu is always going to be around. I'm generally fine with Pikachu, even with how over-exposed it is, but I wouldn't want it to leave the show.

Why would he? Pikachu's only his best friend in the world.

Seriously, though, whether we want it to happen or not is irrelevant - it's never going to happen.

Yes, Pikachu should be Oak'd, along with Ash himself, so we can have a better character as the main protagonist.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom